Once More The DemocratsHave No Shame

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Once more the liberty hating leftist are shamelessly using another tragedy to wrench more of our constitutional rights from us. When are you people going to wake up. The Democrats want our guns, The Republicans took our 4th amendment rights with the Patriot Act and most of you argue with each other on behalf of them both. It is time to enforce terms limits at the polls by re-electing nobody. Stop voting for any Democrat and any Republican. And I am not just talking about D.C. I am talking about everything. I don't care if there is an election for dog catcher don't vote for either part. Even if you have to write in you choice, even if you write in for Donald fucking Duck. Stop putting these criminals in power.

That's right, criminals, because that is what they become when the knowingly write, pass, and enforce legislation that is in violation of the highest law in the land, criminals. Our system of government may not be perfect but, if rid of these two powerful forces of evil (the republicans and democrats) and with a little bit of tweaking (such as term limits for all offices, the abolition of the Electoral College, term limits and popular vote selection for the Supreme Court, and a few other minor controls on government such as true campaign finance reform) it still is better than anything that has ever been tried or thought of in all recorded history.

This asshole is simply using this tragedy to further the agenda of getting out guns and by doing so, ultimately, our freedom.

Source
NY Senator Chuck Schumer calls for stricter gun laws

Jan 17, 2011 11:44am

(NECN) - New York Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer is joining the call for tighter gun control laws.

Schumer says people who have admitted to illegal drug use should not be allowed to buy a gun. He is proposing his new limits to several government agencies.

Schumer says accused gunman Jared Loughner should have been flagged long ago for his drug use. Loughner was rejected from the army in 2008 because he failed a drug test.

Comments

• -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    Some of the most psychotic people I know don't do drugs, don't drink and don't smoke. All it will take is a certain set of circumstances to make them snap, and they're like a walking time-bomb waiting to happen. Drugs has nothing to do with it. Obviously, this near-sighted "do-gooder" is simply after fame and fortune... just like the rest of his ilk.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Yeah and that is the other side of this, can you imagine if they took guns from people just because they smoked pot?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    If admitting to illegal drug use was a bar to owning a firearm, people would not admit to it. In the UK, you can admit to illegal drug use to certain extents (in the past) and still be a police officer, join the armed forced and the security services.

I do agree the electoral college system makes no sense at all and the way people are elected to the supreme court is a joke. It is like our House of Lords was 200 years ago. Although it has its flaws, I believe the 'first past the post' system for electing MP's in the UK is a good system.

Transfering this to the united states would mean the one with the most individual votes by citizens in the US would win the presidency. There have been a few times where a candidate has recieved fewer votes across the nation and still became president. Surely this is wrong.
    edited January 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    If admitting to illegal drug use was a bar to owning a firearm, people would not admit to it. In the UK, you can admit to illegal drug use to certain extents (in the past) and still be a police officer, join the armed forced and the security services.

I do agree the electoral college system makes no sense at all and the way people are elected to the supreme court is a joke. It is like our House of Lords was 200 years ago. Although it has its flaws, I believe the 'first past the post' system for electing MP's in the UK is a good system.

Transfering this to the united states would mean the one with the most individual votes by citizens in the US would win the presidency. There have been a few times where a candidate has recieved fewer votes across the nation and still became president. Surely this is wrong.

Yup, and the it was instituted at a time when, due to the distances involved, the results of the popular vote could not be tallied in a timely fashion. That has not been the case since the advent of the rail system.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    I agree with you as far as people need to stop voting for either party but there is a major problem with this. People in America are very complacent and in many ways very oblivious to what goes on in our government.

I'll have to find the video but I was watching something on election day and people were asked some very basic questions on the issues after they had voted. Most of them couldn't even answer something as simple as "who is Nancy Pelosi."

The vast majority could care less if a jihadist midget with down syndrome was president as long as they still have there cable and other material comforts. Most people don't look any deeper into the issues then who is the democrat and who is the republican.

That's why in a sense it would almost be a good thing if America continues to fail. Once people are no longer comfortable real change can happen. Until that time my guess is that this charade we call a representative republic will continue.

as far as calling for stricter gun control it was obvious that they'd pull this. These kinds of reactionary politics are a big part of what has ruined this country. Instead of governing based on reason we pass laws as a reaction to everything bad. Take columbine for example. Instead of logically looking in to how to prevent it they instituted zero tolerance where a kid who pointed his finger and made a gun noise was expelled and treated like a criminal.
    edited January 2011
    The trick is... DON'T VOTE AT ALL. This sends out a clear and straightforward message to all these goons that the public is no longer interested in their lies and con-games. Let them decide amongst themselves who will be next to fuck over the populations, and don't even waste your time involving yourself with it. They cannot be defeated in any way, shape or form. They are going to do pretty well whatever they want with you and yours, whether you like it or not, whether you vote or not, so don't get dragged into their kangaroo affairs in the first place. Instead of concentrating on the voting booth, concentrate on things which will help you and yours, like family, supplies, location, finances, being together and making the most out of your life instead of wasting a lot of time and energy on the day-to-day goings-on of blatant criminals. To Jhvh belongs the battle, not to us.
    edited January 2011
    Not voting would be the same as waving the white flag IMO.
  • edited January 2011
    The bodies aren't even cold. What a surprise this inhumanity comes from the American Left.
  • NightshadeNightshade Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Eh, no surprise here given the Schmucker's pro gun control stance. Just taking a page from Emanuel's playbook of never letting a crisis go to waste.

So someone admits to using drugs and they can no longer have a gun. Please, what if the person used only once and that's it? What if the person who was an illegal drug user got off the wagon, got cleaned up, went to rehab, etc. and as a result got clean and never went back to that lifestyle. Should we punish them?

I think not and therefore this is why Schmucker is an idiot.
    edited January 2011
    Yup, and the it was instituted at a time when, due to the distances involved, the results of the popular vote could not be tallied in a timely fashion. That has not been the case since the advent of the rail system.
    "Keep in mind our Constitution predates the Industrial Revolution. Our founders did not know about electricity, the train, telephones, radio, television, automobiles, airplanes, rockets, nuclear weapons, satellites, or space exploration. There's a lot they didn't know about. It would be interesting to see what kind of document they'd draft today. Just keeping it frozen in time won't hack it."

Even tho I was a lot younger at the time, I had (and do have) a lot of respect for Ross Perot - politics should be built on ideals, not on the pure ambition of wanting to be politician. America needs more men like him.
    edited January 2011
    The problem with a guy like Ross Perot is that he is not part of the machine. Therefore he will never hold office.
    edited January 2011
    Until such time as the machine is broken, the world is stuck with the status quo. If and when this does happen, if man is ever to create major governmental systems again, only those who have shown true accomplishment in a field other than politics should be allowed to become politicians.

I think it was Churchill who said something similar to 'The only bar to becoming a politician should be wanting to be one'.
    edited January 2011
    Preventing attorneys from becoming politicians would be a fair compromise.
    edited January 2011
    That is a fact - to many use law as a stepping stone to it - that or 'political research'.

You cannot gain a real life education debating rules, nor can you gain it thinking up nice words politicians can use to try and placate the population. This is one of the main reasons todays politicians are so out of touch with almost everything the man in the street wants or stands for.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm of the belief that service in the military should be required before you can be a politician.
    edited January 2011
    I'm of the belief that service in the military should be required before you can be a politician.

I don't know about that but there should be a mandatory 3 year enlistment for all Americans between 18 and 25.
    edited January 2011
    Most politicians are draft dodgers. Most presidents, too.
    edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    Most politicians are draft dodgers. Most presidents, too.

That or their daddy got them a nice cushy post as a typist at the Pentagon.
    edited January 2011
    That or their daddy got them a nice cushy post as a typist at the Pentagon.
    I just can't see Obama in a uniform. Call me crazy, but he'd just look silly in one anyways.
    edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    I just can't see Obama in a uniform. Call me crazy, but he'd just look silly in one anyways.

army-monkey.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    army-monkey.jpg

das raycis
    edited January 2011
    What really gets me about our extremely corrupted and grossly incompetent political systems is that the people never really get tired of it. They'll go back to the voting booths again and again with a renewed sense of vigor and vim, always hoping for a better tomorrow and a final answer to all their worldly problems. They somehow keep thinking that a broken-down and completely ruined system will magically produce some kind of beneficial results, when it must be obvious to even the most dense moron that this will never be the case. Man cannot rule himself; he is incapable of such a thing. Every variation and flavor of the month of government rule has been tried and failed miserably, and not a one has ever been successful to date... and yet we continue to look to a better tomorrow all the same... for our children if not for ourselves. And yet, "all the world is indeed a stage, and we are merely players, performers and portrayers, each another's audience outside the guided cage."