Weird dream bothering me

ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
edited January 2011 in Life
About a week ago I had a dream which has been bothering me a lot lately. From the third person point of view I watched a little boy, around 4 or 5, and an older man, about middle aged. The older man molested the little boy, took pictures, and then showed the boy. Although his name was never stated, I got a feeling that his last name was Winter. What really bothers me about this dream is that it felt as if I was watching something that had really happened. This sounds nuts I realize, but my friend looked in the sex offender list for the area and apparently there is a guy there with the last name Winter in my city. When I get my internet back properly I'm going to check it out myself, so I can see the picture. The other likely case is that my head is trying to tell me something important through symbolism in this dream. I just can't figure out what.

No, I am not in to watching little boys being molested, and no, I was not tripping out on drugs. :o

Comments

• JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    Could the little boy have been you? a surpressed memory maybe? or it could be an omen idk, but you should definitly look into this.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    Sounds like you may have been caught up in an episode of touched by an uncle when you were young. Dreams are your subconsious coming to the surface.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm pretty sure I'd remember being if I was molested.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I'd remember being if I was molested.

There is a lil thing called surpressed memories my friend. and certain situations and such can trigger the sudden relapse of a surpressed memory. not saying you were molested as a child im just saying its a posibility. how old was the man in the dream?
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    There is a lil thing called surpressed memories my friend. and certain situations and such can trigger the sudden relapse of a surpressed memory. not saying you were molested as a child im just saying its a posibility. how old was the man in the dream?

30's or 40's is my guess, didn't recognize him as anybody I know.
  • edited January 2011
    It could be something more symbolic, like the innocence of the child representing something you want to hold onto, and the old man representing some outside force trying to take it away. The way the old man showed the child the pictures in his dream suggests the re enforcement of an unwanted way of thought or course of action, do you feel you are being hedged in towards a future you resist?

C/O
    "What interprets dreams and sounds like a bell.....(((Jung)))"
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited January 2011
    It's all in your head man. The only way its going to stop bothering you is to stop letting it bother you. I could be wrong of course but in my opinion/experience, you're mind plays tricks with you in ways you can't fathom.. or can you? :)
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited January 2011
    It's either a repressed memory, something symbolic, like what culinaryoverlord said, or something completely random and irrelevant that just merged itself into a dream.