Convert Morphine Sulphate for IV

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
Hai guise. Well as some of you know, I have to inject myself once a fortnight for medical reasons to do with my Crohn's. I thought "hmm, injections...can reuse them once more, I'm sure" then my gaze turned to my big ol' box of assorted opiates.

I was just wondering, how do you go about converting this

img01825201101211651.jpg

img01827201101211651.jpg

Into something you can use for IV? I Googled and nowt came up that really helped me. I won't be rushing into this and I want it to just be a one-off. If you have the tools, hey, may as well.

Comments

• fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Hai guise. Well as some of you know, I have to inject myself once a fortnight for medical reasons to do with my Crohn's. I thought "hmm, injections...can reuse them once more, I'm sure" then my gaze turned to my big ol' box of assorted opiates.

I was just wondering, how do you go about converting this

img01825201101211651.jpg

img01827201101211651.jpg

Into something you can use for IV? I Googled and nowt came up that really helped me. I won't be rushing into this and I want it to just be a one-off. If you have the tools, hey, may as well.

There shouldn't be any problem IVing Morphine Sulphate. It's not HCL but it will still prep and inject. I tried to look closely but what form is your Morphine Sulphate in? What brand name, Zomorph? I'm not familiar with that brand.

Are they 10mg capsules? I see your problem there actually, being they are only 10mg. I know the 30mg tablets can be IVed, but being a 10mg product there may be too much binder to prep any recreational amount into using IV liquid.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Unless you can remove all the junk mixed with the actual morphine, I'd suggest against doing it.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited January 2011
    Its a Mayberry.

On topic: Is that a capsule with beads? your reply will determine my response.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    FrY wrote: »
    Its a Mayberry.

On topic: Is that a capsule with beads? your reply will determine my response.

Yes, yes it is.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Any more info? I'm shooting up with my meds now. Morphine would make a nice addition, but of course, I'm not rushing into anything. I like life.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011
    Choose life
  • titstypedthistitstypedthis Semo-Regulars
    edited January 2011
    crush da bals wif liter and den u drop dem in cold water
    den u filta out da bals den u filta da solushin in cotton