Shane Black Returns To Directing For "Death Note"

Gary OakGary Oak Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Imagine that there’s a book, just a binding and blank pages, that has the power to kill someone if you write their name in it and think of their face. What would you use that power for?

That’s the central question of “Death Note,” the manga which will see a big screen adaptation from Kiss Kiss Bang Bang director (and writer of many great movies) Shane Black.

According to Deadline Hyattsville, Warners Bros will oversee production on Death Note, and Black will get to work shepherding a script from Anthony Bagarozzi and Charles Mondry
Source
Maybe this will give me reason to watch the anime.

Comments

• D7D7 Regular
    edited January 2011
    At least I can be certain that this won't be like another dragon ball
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    They totally missed the ball with dragon ball. I understand them changing up the story a bit because of time issues, but they fucked it up completely. I think that's probably the biggest factor in making these kinds of movies. They have to turn a 26 episode series into two hours. I know they made live-action Japanese films. How where they?
  • SujiSuji New Arrival
    edited February 2011
    The life-action movies were decent but fricken Ryuk was huge and still creepy. I must disagree about the dragon ball thing but, for a different reason. I would have to say that they missed the whole dragon ball and left nothing but a cheesy action movie that failed. I mean the first thing they got wrong is that they made Goku WHITE, I mean come on! They made the Asian guy, white....why?! and the Kamehameha was just.......dumb and ,excuse my language, retarded.