Calling in a bomb threat

edited January 2011 in Man Cave
As far as making the call is concerned, how seriously do places take bomb threats? Probably a stupid question, but calling up somewhere and simply telling them that "there is a bomb in the toilets" doesn't sound very convincing - so do they still take it as though someone MAY have placed a shit load of C4 somewhere and evacuate the whole place?

Also, what's the safest way to call in a threat? Payphone?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I would imagine if the threat contained some suicidal rant about how far you've lost the plot or your desire to slay American pig-dogs (up to 1:58 at least) in a public place a considerable amount of shit would hit the fan given how obsessive state security has become of 'protecting' its citizens from terrorists and instilling in them the fear of terrorism. If you let off a small explosive device [1] somewhere insignificant but publicly noticeable where the police will be informed and then link your threat to that 'trial run', then... don't leave any DNA on that payphone and don't use your own voice.

To increase the levels of people spontaneously shitting themselves you could tell the authorities your device has been designed to disperse dimethyl mercury into the vicinity.

I suppose the nature of the threat depends on your objectives.

1) The London 7/7 bombers used TATP, or Acetone Peroxide; an apparent favourite of British DIY-terrorists.
  • edited January 2011
    How would you go about changing your voice when using a payphone? For DNA, you could wear a few pairs of gloves, a hat and put something over the mouthpiece before you talk. Of course, I think it would be wise to completely remove the handset and dispose of it properly after doing something like this.
  • edited January 2011
    One problem with pay phones is most of them have cameras pointing at them. They can log the time of call and see who made the call at that time. You'd probably be better off getting a tracfone and destroying it shortly after the call was made. You can buy voice modulation devices to disguise your voice.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited January 2011
    If you are in high school, it's easy. just tell someone that there is going to be a bomb threat at school and watch the paranoia as the word spreads and eventually into the hands of the administration. Parents will be notified, and they will take their kids out of school so just do the same i suppose.

If you were in college...grow up faggot. If you can't handle deadlines then college isn't for you. If you are doing this for recreational purposes, then actually make a fucking bomb.
  • edited January 2011
    Lethargica wrote: »
    If you are in high school, it's easy. just tell someone that there is going to be a bomb threat at school and watch the paranoia as the word spreads and eventually into the hands of the administration. Parents will be notified, and they will take their kids out of school so just do the same i suppose.

If you were in college...grow up faggot. If you can't handle deadlines then college isn't for you. If you are doing this for recreational purposes, then actually make a fucking bomb.

In short, make a fucking bomb.

Post results here.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I have a checklist the cops use when you call in a bomb threat. Hurr it be.