I Don't Sleep at Night

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited February 2011 in Life
Its true. Ever since I was a little tyke I never slept at night. I took naps during school. It is still the same now. I have a night job and now I get home I dont sleep until well into the morning. Speaking of which it is passed 9AM and thus my bedtime. Later guys.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    That's awesome. I imagine that this could be quite cool, although I'd hate missing out on nice sunny days in the summer. What's it like sleeping through the day and missing out on all the daylight?
  • edited January 2011
    It sucks. I worked graveyard for a few months, it's really difficult to live in a world that's conformed to a completely different cycle than you.

3am is really nice though. Everyone is asleep, the world is quiet and foggy and muffled. I loved that aspect of it.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Vineman wrote: »
    3am is really nice though. Everyone is asleep, the world is quiet and foggy and muffled. I loved that aspect of it.

This :thumbsup:
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited January 2011
    Powernaps? How the hell do you do that?
  • Hellz-FuryHellz-Fury Regular
    edited January 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    This :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    That's awesome. I imagine that this could be quite cool, although I'd hate missing out on nice sunny days in the summer. What's it like sleeping through the day and missing out on all the daylight?

I don't miss out on sunny summer days actually. Just because I don't sleep at night doesn't mean I sleep the entire day. I'm sure you pull all-nighters every once in a while, I do too but I suppose you'd call that an all-dayer. I don't require much sleep anyway. I sleep usually 4 hours a day for weeks and then I take one of my off work days and sleep.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't sleep much either. When I have problem sleeping, it can be helpful to smoke a fat ass bowl of weed, that sometimes will make me go to sleep.

Or just smoke bowl after bowl until you pass out...
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited February 2011
    It could just be that you dont have a proper circadian rhythem going, especially if you're working nights or shiftwork, that can really fuck with you getting into a regular groove.

In my experience, taking naps throughout the day will make me more prone to restless nights, try and keep a good 16:8 wake-to-sleep ratio, and improve other lifestyle areas such as diet and exercies and satisfying hobbies