TOTSE.INFO Drawball Project #3

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So the rough draft for our logo has been officially established!

TVZfL.png

Now it's time to do stuff like fill in the backround with black, straighten our letters with white, clean up threatening vandalism and possibly add blue/green edge to our letters. I'd like to stick with a rectangle black backround for now, at least until it's finished, but you guys can suggest anything you'd like.

For anyone who's new to this. You have limited ink. It replenishes at roughly 15% per minute. However, if you have a dynamic ADSL you can unplug your router for about 2 minutes and it will reset your ink to 6,500. Proxies do NOT work on drawball for changing your IP, but from what I know the program Tor does.

DO NOT use the largest brush. The ink used by each brush is NOT proportionate. The smallest brush will allow you to use ten times more ink, albeit at ten times slower than the usual pace.

Here's some info on RAGEBALL, a script that help you cover large areas:
http://www.mediafire.com/?g54utzzgmz0

Rageball is a halftone pattern maker that uses the same method that newspapers use to cover large areas while saving ink. The best brush is the last one on the first row, it will leave some space between the dots (when zoomed out it will be one square). Use the first brush on the second row for full cover, but this will waste some ink.

Rageball has a few hotkeys:
CTRL + W skips all the already-White spots
CTRL + S skips all the already-Black spots
CTRL + E to stop

Comments

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    Where's the Drawball link?
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm in again. Tomorrow morning I'll have a fresh ink ration.
  • edited January 2011
    Good to have you. :thumbsup:

By the way I forgot to mention, now that we're so big it's going to take some serious dedication to keep this thing up, not to mention looking respectable. It will take at the very least 5 of us with infinite ink checking up on it daily and repairing it. Speaking for myself, I only have infinite ink on my other computer, and I only stay there three of four times a week at most. However, I am trying to explore other methods of getting infinite ink so if anyone knows anything let me know asap.

edit: the E needs a new bottom leg, somebody is attacking it.
    edited January 2011
    That script is a pain in the ass. As soon as your mouse pointer hovers outside the browser, it goes batshit.

Yeah, I kinda fucked the E using black by accident.
  • edited January 2011
    I haven't tried the script, Amie and Katzen said they liked it though so I linked it.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm joining in with unlimited ink.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    I had to chuckle.

2uizp10.png
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited January 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    That script is a pain in the ass. As soon as your mouse pointer hovers outside the browser, it goes batshit.

Just press ctrl + E when your mouse starts nearing the edges of the drawball.

It's really awesome if you use it with the hotkeys, but you can't use your computer while it's running. But it saves a ton of ink.

Rageball howto:
    • Start the script (doubleclick the .exe file).
    • Select a pencil size (last one on the first row will make dark grey instead of black and light grey instead of white, second one on the second row will fill completely) and a color.
    • Click once in the middle of the square you want to fill. Keep your mouse on that dot and press ctrl + S to start filling everything except what is already black (Schwarz in german - it's probably a secret nazi script) and ctrl + W to fill everything except what is alredy white (Weiss - again, nazi's). Do not move the mouse while rageball is raging.
    • Press ctrl + E when you want it to stop and it will stop when the line it's currently drawing has finished.

Don't know if the thing has other functions, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Haven't exactly analised it.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited January 2011
    Lol, it got fucked fast
  • edited January 2011
    I'm working on expanding the first T's backround.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Somone be fuckin it up
    edited January 2011
    Somone's (fatty?) using a script to fuck it up. I give up.
    edited January 2011
    Amie wrote: »
    Just press ctrl + E when your mouse starts nearing the edges of the drawball.

It's really awesome if you use it with the hotkeys, but you can't use your computer while it's running. But it saves a ton of ink.

Rageball howto:
    • Start the script (doubleclick the .exe file).
    • Select a pencil size (last one on the first row will make dark grey instead of black and light grey instead of white, second one on the second row will fill completely) and a color.
    • Click once in the middle of the square you want to fill. Keep your mouse on that dot and press ctrl + S to start filling everything except what is already black (Schwarz in german - it's probably a secret nazi script) and ctrl + W to fill everything except what is alredy white (Weiss - again, nazi's). Do not move the mouse while rageball is raging.
    • Press ctrl + E when you want it to stop and it will stop when the line it's currently drawing has finished.

Don't know if the thing has other functions, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Haven't exactly analised it.
    What the fuck are you talking about?
  • edited January 2011
    If the "info" starts to fall, just concentrate on keeping the "Totse" up.

Until then, try to maintain the outlines of the letters they are blacking out.
    edited January 2011
    *Repairing the O.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited January 2011
    This thing is like pissing in the wind:angry::angry::angry:
    We need more people with nothing better to do:D
  • edited January 2011
    Somone's (fatty?) using a script to fuck it up. I give up.

Wish I could take credit for it but I was banned and had no idea this was happening until now.
  • edited January 2011
    Hey fatty, do you have infinite ink?
  • edited January 2011
    Hey fatty, do you have infinite ink?

No. I also have better things to do with my time. Apologies to DKR for focusing disproportionately on his handiwork with my vandalism.
    edited January 2011
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited January 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    What the fuck are you talking about?

Rageball fills as a square, starting from the point where you start the script and expanding in all directions. So imagine the square you want to fill , put your mouse there and let Rageball run.

Edit: also: it takes a little over 5 minutes before rageball starts nearing the edges of the circle and fucking things up, so you've got plenty of time to grab a cup of coffee while it's running.
  • edited January 2011
    We need to designate certain letters to different members.
  • edited January 2011
    Yep; it's fucked.
    edited January 2011
    fixing the S.

unlimited ink, 5 mins so far

that was awesome. 8 min spree with unlimited ink
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited January 2011
    trying to fix the first T, every one at 10 pm EST get on draw ball n fix the totse.try n fix as much of it now and then just wait and let the ink to refill then we go again at 10
  • edited January 2011
    I notice large, complex drawings appearing very quickly. Zooming in shows they were clearly also done with some kind of script. Why aren't we using that one?
  • edited January 2011
    I'm fixing the F. And no, it's nowhere near "fucked." It'll be fucked when you can't even tell is says TOTSE anymore. C'mon people, don't give up. In a day or two I will go to my other house and use my other comp. There I can spend a whole day doing repairs.

I'm assuming we're not using it because we haven't discovered it yet.

Might be able to learn more here: www.drawballfans.com
    edited January 2011
    I notice large, complex drawings appearing very quickly. Zooming in shows they were clearly also done with some kind of script. Why aren't we using that one?
    It's rageball.
  • edited January 2011
    Proxies do NOT work on drawball for changing your IP, but from what I know the program Tor does.

DO NOT use the largest brush. The ink used by each brush is NOT proportionate. The smallest brush will allow you to use ten times more ink, albeit at ten times slower than the usual pace.

Seeing how this is totse, I feel obligated to correct this often-repeated misinformation.

The largest brush is actually the most ink-efficient for covering the largest area using the least amount of ink. Many people think that the smaller brushes are more ink efficient, but that's only because rageball is so damn slow that the ink charges faster than rageball spends it.

Ink consumption is is linear based on dot size (ink is charged as if it s one dimensional), however, painted pixels are actually two dimensional, so the larger the dot, the more pixels get covered per ink unit.

Here's a simplified example:
    (remember, pi*r^2 is used to calculate pixel converage)

Brush Size: 1 Pixels Covered: 1 Pixels per Ink Unit: 1
    Brush Size: 10 Pixels Covered: 78 Pixels per Ink Unit: 8
    Brush Sizez: 30 Pixels Covered: 706 Pixels per Ink Unit: 23

As you can see, the largest brush is 23 times more ink efficient. Granted you will spend your ink faster using the largest brush, but you will cover more pixels per unit of ink using the largest brush - and you won't have to wait 5 minutes to cover one screen.

The french have made rageball obsolete. Their tool uses the largest brush by default. It also does color sensing / detecting with any arbitrary color, not just black and white.

Also, I haven't tested Tor, but I don't think that will help you either. Tor interacts with the web browser just like any other proxy. Proxies don't help because the connection to the drawball server is initiated by the flash client, which does not honor your web browser proxy setting and connects directly from your real IP. Proxies are no help with drawball.
  • edited January 2011
    Damn... thanks! What tool do the french use?
  • edited January 2011
    Damn... thanks! What tool do the french use?

It's called "ownball 7". Granted, it's in french, but it's easy enough to figgure out. Use google translate if you still can't figure it out.

Biggest difference: rather than starting in the center of your square like rageball, you start in the upper left corner.

Check the box that says "Detection de coloeur" to make it color-sensing.

Here's the link I used for ownball 7:
    http://www.multiupload.com/MDJ1EIVH27
  • edited January 2011

Because nobody can find the script. It's not public.
  • edited January 2011
    Our F is under heavy attack. Somebody with ink go try to maintain the outline of it.
  • edited January 2011
    Whoever keeps fucking up the F as I fix it, I hope your mom gets gang raped by niggers and you have your hands tied to the plates of a stove as they get red hot.
  • edited January 2011
    ^^ thanks for helping fix up the F.

Like I said, tomorrow I will go my other house and kill a day on drawball.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011
    I fixed the second O, reshaping the F

EDIT: F remade but now I'm out of ink.
    edited January 2011
    everyone get on draw ball. we need to fix the E and N mostly.
    edited January 2011
    :mad: some asshole is fukin up my shit on the E
  • edited January 2011
    Whoever is fixing up the first T, good job. It looks much better.
  • edited January 2011
    I uploaded a new drawball video tonight that includes the totse work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt3JXs0fk10
  • edited January 2011

That's so awesome, thanks a lot man!

It looks pretty nice at 13:22

edit: Hey HDF, in a week or two if our logo is still up could you make a whole video from it's start to it's current state?

I would really appreciate it. :D
    edited January 2011

Awesome share man!

13:21 is so beautiful :(
  • edited January 2011
    We can get it that good again, it just takes persistence.

I just fixed up the E and the F
  • edited January 2011
    Hey HDF, in a week or two if our logo is still up could you make a whole video from it's start to it's current state?

Sure, no problem. The hardest part is going to be deciding when it's actually done and over. I keep thinking it's dead, but it keeps coming back to life.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    I fixed the E some. I'll be on again tommorow once I get some more ink:hai:
    edited January 2011
    We can get it that good again, it just takes persistence.

I just fixed up the E and the F

I just fixed the O, someone fucked up the E again :facepalm:
    edited January 2011
    It looks like we're about to be overrun by Finland.
    edited January 2011
    signs looking pretty good.
  • JohnWayneCaseyJohnWayneCasey Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Hahahah.. Goatse.info? LOL for the win.