&T TRIBUTE - A Joint Community Drawball Project To Honor The Totse Legacy

Comments

• SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    Damn, got it to load with Chrome but I guess Flash goes through Tor and doesn't work :mad:
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited January 2011
    there may be a way to reset your IP w/ out unplugging your router try n use this method. i tried but didnt work for me.

Go to your start menu and select "run" from the programs menu. In the open line type in "command" and press enter.
    #

You will soon see a black box pop up and a blinking cursor will appear. Do not be scared because you have a box you have never seen before. Everything is normal. Type "ipconfig" and press enter.
    #

The box will display your current IP settings. If you need to know this information, there it is for you to see. Now it is time to reset the IP address. Type in "ipconfig/release".
    #

You will notice your internet connection will be lost. Now you will need to renew it. Type in "ipconfig/renew". You have now renewed your IP address. Type "exit" to exit the window. Your internet connection should now be back up.

Read more: How to Reset Your IP Address | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4789982_reset-ip-address.html#ixzz1CgcKnGM6
  • edited January 2011
    if you're getting your IP address from your router, this won't help to change the IP address that drawball pays attention to.

The issue isn't what IP your computer got from your router - the issue is what IP your router got from your ISP.

Hint: this is the number you're trying to change: http://www.whatismyip.com/

also, in some cases, rebooting your router won't always change your IP. On my ISP, I have to stay off for 8 hours before I get a new IP.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    blindbat wrote: »
    there may be a way to reset your IP w/ out unplugging your router try n use this method. i tried but didnt work for me.

Go to your start menu and select "run" from the programs menu. In the open line type in "command" and press enter.
    #

You will soon see a black box pop up and a blinking cursor will appear. Do not be scared because you have a box you have never seen before. Everything is normal. Type "ipconfig" and press enter.
    #

The box will display your current IP settings. If you need to know this information, there it is for you to see. Now it is time to reset the IP address. Type in "ipconfig/release".
    #

You will notice your internet connection will be lost. Now you will need to renew it. Type in "ipconfig/renew". You have now renewed your IP address. Type "exit" to exit the window. Your internet connection should now be back up.

Read more: How to Reset Your IP Address | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4789982_reset-ip-address.html#ixzz1CgcKnGM6

Yeah this won't work since I'm behind a router. Not to mention I have my computer set to a static IP anyway :p

I wish I could ssh into my modem and reset the IP that way... shit would be badass :cool:

I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and my IP didn't change, so fuck. :angry:
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited January 2011
    The outline is looking very good ladies and gents. Congrats to us and out Zoklet homies.
  • edited February 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Also, props to the guy who recorded it. :thumbsup:

Thanks, that was me.

If you can handle it, there are more drawball videos here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HugeDrawballFaggot
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    TSAoD wrote: »
    The 2 people that post on it?

I post at Totse2:mad: I like this idea poast. .info totse2 zoklet and TDD all share a common legacy and inspiration. With that being said lets conquer drawball!
  • edited February 2011
    You should copy my OP and post it on totse2.

Also it seems like my pitch has been relatively weel accepted over at Zoklet.

Lots of people are interested in helping do something cool in the name of totse.
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited February 2011
    Almost finished making a rough outline of the "&", thanks to whomever is filling it in.

Let's make it solid.
  • edited February 2011
    Also, I just blew 9k ink filling in the &'s outline.
    edited February 2011
    You should copy my OP and post it on totse2.

Also it seems like my pitch has been relatively weel accepted over at Zoklet.

Lots of people are interested in helping do something cool in the name of totse.

Looks like theWanderer already posted it over there. They all seem to be on board with it.
  • edited February 2011
    Awesome work TW.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited February 2011
    That fucking & is a pain in the ass.

It doesn't look like it's going to fit right where it is, the lower black outline is too close to the edge of the banner. I also wasted a bunch of ink earlier trying to fill where it looked like part of it would go :facepalm:
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited February 2011
    Slice wrote: »
    That fucking & is a pain in the ass.

Yeah, it is a bit sketchy, although I think the best way to approach it would be to get the basic shape down and then refine it from there.

If you watch the &T.info video, the initial "totse" was rather askew.
    edited February 2011
    Grinch wrote: »
    the initial "totse" was rather askew.

And by askew, you mean absolute shit that eventually blossomed into some rather chiseled awesome blocks of dominance. :cool:
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited February 2011
    And by askew, you mean absolute shit that eventually blossomed into some rather chiseled awesome blocks of dominance. :cool:

That is more along the lines of what I was getting at.

Haha, "The Union of the Screaming Electron" :thumbsup:
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah just finish the outline and if it looks like shit we will refine it.

Things should be a lot more fast paced since we have two other sites on our team.

edit: Looks like people are still filling the T in with black, lol. Whatever happens, if one color seems to dominate, just go with it. Eventually somebody will try to fill it in with white then we can do white. I'm honestly fully down for either color. It would also be funny to do the & in white then the T in black.
    edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    The & is definitely going to have to be a little bigger, and the T needs to be thicker.
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited February 2011
    The & is definitely going to have to be a little bigger, and the T needs to be thicker.

Just finished the basic "&" outline, will expand on it in the morning, as I just ran out of ink.

Some red is spilling into the top, not sure if it is oriented towards the flag. I suppose that we could just cover it when the time comes, although the main objective at this point should be to maintain the outline.
  • edited February 2011
    As impressed as I'll be if this works, with twice as many vandals as drawers, it really is just pissing against the wind :(
    edited February 2011
    it really is just pissing against the wind :(
    In Los Angeles, I once had a hot-German-chick boss. I resigned because I was moving back home to Humboldt--but she invited me to her birthday party, which just so happened to be the LAST night I would be in town.

I took her up on the offer.
    Got drunk as fuck.
    Hit on her best friend.
    Pissed in her fridge.

Moral of the story: There's many worse places to piss than into the wind.
    GO TOTSE!
    edited February 2011
    Grinch wrote: »
    Haha, "The Union of the Screaming Electron" :thumbsup:

Thanks for catching that. lol :thumbsup:
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm trying to figure out all these damn drawball scripts.

Rageball is not very good: it's too slow and it actually wastes a lot of ink. The autohotkey script keeps messing up and causing the connection to get lost on my computer. I'm trying to figure out what the problem is and how to improve it, but I haven't got it yet. A combination of syntax errors and not wanting to read the whole autohotkey manual I guess. ATM I'd recommend everyone to use the OwnBall 7 script to fill large areas.

Short Ownball7 guide:

This script basically fills a square with dots. That's the way newspapers fill large area's and pictures etc. to save ink while giving the impression of a completely filled image. The largest brush size is actually the most efficient because of some math I won't bother explaining.

To use it:

Download it here:
    http://www.multiupload.com/MDJ1EIVH27

Unpack it, scan with malwarescanner if you want to and doubleclick the .exe. A box will appear with a lot of french settings you can change. If you just want to fill large area's, the default settings are the best you can get to save ink and cover large area's.

If you want it only to dot the places in a color different from the one you're using, select the "detection de couleur" box. This setting gives very messed up results if parts of the background are already in the right color though, as it only reads the color in a small part of the dot it's going to fill. So I usually don't bother and just let it fill everything right up.

Then go to the drawball page, zoom in, select the largest brush and the colour you want and put your cursor between 10 and 11 o'clock (upper left "corner") near the edge of the drawball. Press alt + X and the script will fill a square with dots pretty darn quick. Press alt + X again if you want it to stop before it's done drawing the square. Alt + q quits the app.

More info about the workings of script can be found in these posts:
    https://www.totse.info/bbs/showpost.php?p=128539&postcount=34
    https://www.totse.info/bbs/showpost.php?p=128551&postcount=36
  • edited February 2011
    The Finland drawers are starting to wake up and destroy our border.

Focus on the outlines of the letters for now.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited February 2011
    Spent 9000 on redrawing most of the T outline.
  • edited February 2011
    Anyone know what forum is behind the Finland flag? No one is even bothering to vandalise it there's so many of them.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2011
    Well I went and recoloured in the bottom left corner and started to tidy the border..
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited February 2011
    Aw dude fucking Finland :facepalm:

We literally need like 30 people on at once to overwhelm all the other drawers. With only a few people we're never gonna get anywhere.
  • edited February 2011
    Anyone know what forum is behind the Finland flag? No one is even bothering to vandalise it there's so many of them.

http://kotilauta.fi/

There were others, but I believe this is the current thread:
    http://kotilauta.fi/b/res/486842.html

yesterday's thread:
    http://kotilauta.fi/b/res/482316.html
  • edited February 2011
    Back in the good 'ol days Totse's numbers would have been more than enough to own that ball.
    edited February 2011
    its gone !
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited February 2011
    Christ, don't the finflagfags have anything better to do? I mena how many times do you really need to cover drawball in a shitty ass flag? At least /b/ is creative and does different designs...
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited February 2011
    Thickened up the border a bit... and some prick has just undone most of it.
  • edited February 2011
    Impolite wrote: »
    We have to wait until Finland goes to sleep again. It's 8:00 p.m. in Finland right now (12:00 here in Texas CMT or whatever).

4-6 hours from now would be a good time to paint all at once. Everyone synchronize your cellphone alarms or something.

This is a good idea. Anyone with infinite ink should just work on maintaining the outline of the & and in 5 hours we should all strike.
  • edited February 2011
    Change of plan. Anyone with infinite ink should bomb the flag with the teal color while the rest of us work on the ampersand. Hopefully they will be too busy cleaning up the vandalism they will leave out progress alone.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    I don't have infinite ink but I will try to fuck up their work. My Internet disconnect randomly so that might be helpful.
    edited February 2011
    i think they went to sleep not a lot of activity going on !
  • edited February 2011
    I would give it a few more hours. I've set the attack time to 1am GMT. Both this forum and zoklet use that timezone so you can scroll to the bottom of this page to check the time.
    edited February 2011
    crap not gonna be up that late. have work in the morning.
  • edited February 2011
    Alright then just go for it. I doubt many people will follow the plan anyway.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll start in about 4 hours. I remember alot of inactivity from finland around that time and onwards through the night.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    I'm fucking destroying that flag.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited February 2011
    11 pm mountain time for me is 1 am est.
    edited February 2011
    mashlehash wrote: »
    11 pm mountain time for me is 1 am est.

its gonna be 10 pm for me. starting the do the & outline in the one doing the " \ "
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited February 2011
    I helped.
  • edited February 2011
    Great work, we've managed to hold to T, fill it in a bit, and start the basic outline for the &. Again, I think everyone should be working on the & the most. Anyone with free time and infinite ink should put some real work in on it tonight, flesh it out a bit. I will help.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited February 2011
    How does one acquire infinite ink? I refuse to read the first post again if it tells you how.
  • edited February 2011
    You can either unplug your internet router to reset you IP, which will reset your ink, or change your IP some other way. Proxies don't work.