Why Can't We Walk in Straight Lines?

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited February 2011 in Life
[vimeo]17083789[/vimeo]

Comments

• DailyDaily Regular
    edited January 2011
    That was...lol. I've always known humans can't walk in a straight line, but I've always thought it had something to do with which side of your brain is dominant, but that conclusion has not been satisfactory enough, I guess. Apparently, the majority of animals can walk in a straight line. pwnd.

Great animation.
  • edited January 2011
    We seriously can't walk in a straight line? What about when doing Parkour - I've walked along many straight walls in my lifetime.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    It's more about walking in straight lines over longer distance with no visual cues. But then sometimes when I'm walking along the sidewalk, I find myself zigzagging all over the place :o
  • edited January 2011
    Ever tried walking in a straight line at night when texting on your phone? Me and my friend were walking down the street one time and he walked straight into a van :facepalm:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    In grade 3, the class was walking somewhere and it was a straight sidewalk, but I covered my face with my jacket (I guess to impress the cute girl :o), so while I thought I would be walking straight with nothing to bump into, I had veered off to the side and bumped into a pole. The entire class could hear the pole resonate and everybody lol'd at my expense :p
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited January 2011
    that pretty interesting but I bet I could drive a straight line in a car
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited January 2011
    pretty interesting stuff
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited January 2011
    Perhaps it's because everybody has a dominant leg? Therefore we have stronger and longer footsteps in one leg in comparison to the other
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited February 2011
    you think that's hard, try running with your eyes closed, and you'd start to get anxiety attacks
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited February 2011
    I wanna try this but have someone get into a car and tell them to drive in a straight line but there is a cliff a mile ahead with a 1000 foot drop muhahaha
  • Ad NauseamAd Nauseam Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    So, do blind people always walk in circles? Because that could make for some interesting afternoons by the roadside.
  • DerelictmyballsDerelictmyballs Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    Perhaps it's because everybody has a dominant leg? Therefore we have stronger and longer footsteps in one leg in comparison to the other

Then I wonder if people who are truly ambidextrous can walk straighter?
  • edited February 2011
    yo ive passed sobriety tests where i walked in a straight line. didn't watch the video but it's lying