Alcohol tolerance

TSAoDTSAoD Regular
edited February 2011 in Man Cave
I seem to have developed a tolerance for the stuff, now I drink a 40oz and not even get a buzz. Normally I should drunk if not wasted.

Am I fucked? I have no idea why the alcohol isn't working.

Comments

• JizzlamJizzlam New Arrival
    edited February 2011
    Drink faster
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    Jizzlam wrote: »
    Drink faster

That's not the point, I'm already drinking fast and large quantities and it's not doing anything.
    edited February 2011
    Getting drunk is very simple. You look at how much you're drinking @ what proof and how fast you're drinking it.

1 liter of 80 proof vodka should get you drunk even if you drink it over several hours. If it doesn't, drink faster. You could also drink more, but drinking faster will have more or less the same effect on your BAC.
  • edited February 2011
    My alcohol tolerance is huge, my liver as well. To get buzzed you need to get alcohol into your system faster than your liver can break it down. Some tips if you find your usual load is not enough:

Rest up, if you drink regularly you will develop a tolerance, I tend to go on binges instead of drinking every day, If I drink every day it takes too much to get a buzz.

Drink fizzy drinks, carbonated drinks trick the valve in your stomach into opening, passing the goods into your system faster. Beer and shots works well too as the beer will help pass the extra booze along with it.

Eat a small amount of fatty food before drinking, or sushi, sushi is great for drinking. You don't want to drink on an empty stomach as this is a good way to get sick in the short term, or get an ulcer in the long term. But you don't want to drink on a full plate of cheeseburger and fries either, unless the object is to be sociable, but not pissed. Eating something small and greasy like some bar food, will give you a little buffering, but not too much. Sushi works too as long as you don't eat too much.

C/O
    "beer is just yellow pop"
    edited February 2011
    Eating before you go drinking slows the rate at which your body metabolizes the alcohol, meaning it'll take longer for you to get drunk. You should never try to get massively drunk on an empty stomach unless you really want to get sick later.

Eat some food a few hours before you plan on drinking. Make sure you're hydrated.

You should already know your tolerance level. If you don't know it, stop drinking for 2 weeks to remove some of your tolerance. Build it up again and pay attention to how much you need to get drunk.

I imagine you have a high tolerance and 5 oz every hour for 6 hours isn't enough to get you drunk. Try drinking 10 oz in an hour. If that doesn't work, try 15 in an hour. If you don't get buzzed on 15 oz in an hour, congratulations. You're an alcoholic or severely overweight.
  • edited February 2011
    Why do bigger people usually have a larger tolerance to alcohol, compared to skinny people or those short-ass girls who get drunk really fast?
  • ChinaCatChinaCat Semo-Regulars
    edited February 2011
    TSAoD wrote: »
    First I don't drink excessively, where I should be developing an alcohol tolerance.

However I seem to have developed a tolerance for the stuff, earlier this week I spent 70 dollars at the bar and barely caught a buzz. (By the way girls with dark hair are HOT but that's another story)

Now I drink a litre of 80 proof Vodka over a span of 5-6 hours and not even get a buzz. Normally I should drunk if not wasted.

Am I fucked? I have no idea why the alcohol isn't working.

A. Stop drinking at bars, waste of money all around. She probably wasnt even hot, and if she was, she probably wasnt someone you want to be with.

Second, if you're really drinking a litre of vodka yourself in one sitting you probably do drink excessively.

I mean I guess 5-6 is a while to kill it, but still.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    Take that same bottle of liquor, and funnel it. I guarantee you'll feel it.
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    My alcohol tolerance is huge, my liver as well. To get buzzed you need to get alcohol into your system faster than your liver can break it down. Some tips if you find your usual load is not enough:

Rest up, if you drink regularly you will develop a tolerance, I tend to go on binges instead of drinking every day, If I drink every day it takes too much to get a buzz.

Drink fizzy drinks, carbonated drinks trick the valve in your stomach into opening, passing the goods into your system faster. Beer and shots works well too as the beer will help pass the extra booze along with it.

Eat a small amount of fatty food before drinking, or sushi, sushi is great for drinking. You don't want to drink on an empty stomach as this is a good way to get sick in the short term, or get an ulcer in the long term. But you don't want to drink on a full plate of cheeseburger and fries either, unless the object is to be sociable, but not pissed. Eating something small and greasy like some bar food, will give you a little buffering, but not too much. Sushi works too as long as you don't eat too much.

C/O
    "beer is just yellow pop"

Thanks C/O.

I'll try your advice, for the time being looks like I'll have to switch to something else.