Coffee or Tea?

Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
edited September 2011 in Life
Which does &T prefer?

I'm split, there's nothing like waking up to a fresh cup of coffee before class/work, or coffee + cigarette very early in the morning, but there are so many flavors of tea, not to mention iced tea, arnold palmer, etc. I think I'll have to vote coffee though.

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    Tea more variety and tastes better.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Green tea and Costa Rican coffee.
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2010
    Coffee:o
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    T. The asian kind, not the white people kind.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    i just drink regular black tea.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited July 2010
    Coffee (I'm British so liking coffee over tea is probably punishable by death)..
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Tea

800 posts btw
  • Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited July 2010
    Tea, builders ofc.
  • edited July 2010
    Coffee for sure. Can't stand tea, for some reason.
  • edited July 2010
    Coffee is orgasmic, especially espresso, tea is meh, and I drink it sometimes for health benefits and whatnot (tea and honey cured some horrible pains in my fingers)
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    When I was working I could brew a flask (like 4 cups) of tea for like the price of a tea bag. If I took coffee it would cost a lot and I'd be dehydrated and it costs a shitload.
  • NightshadeNightshade Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I perfer coffee but I like tea, especially at night.
  • FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited July 2010
    Tea :rolleyes:
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    I love a good cup of coffee, however tea takes the cake because of the variety.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited July 2010
    Irish Coffee, what can Rolf say? Rolf is an alcoholic.
  • edited July 2010
    Tea.

The local fairway supermarket has a small (In size, not in selection) tea-department. They have a "tea-monger" working there, and he's basically a tea expert. He knows all the flavors of all the teas, it's like tea is his entire life.

Anyway, they have dozens of types of tea (Almost all loose) and their prices are excellent.

EDIT: I probably should have said why I like tea instead of describing where I get mine..

Well, I enjoy tea because of the taste, the fact that since I began drinking it, it has replaced soda and because it's good for you in general.
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Although I enjoyed both I still prefer tea if I have to choose

Well statistically speaking tea is the second most drinking stuff in the world (First is water)
    Coffee placed next but this is perhaps because there are more people in Asians than in America/Europe.

Since they are more than just another beverages it's kinda interesting to see a poll like this. Like I said what you prefer should tell what culture that dominate you most.

So tell me Dr. Awkward are you by change living in asia?
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    No, I'm in the north east U.S.
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh well, I guess my analysis was wrong
    Statistic is something that you cannot depends on
  • mandingomandingo Regular
    edited September 2011
    Tea i dont drink coffee much it will stunt my 5 foot 7 growth :(
    edited September 2011
    mandingo wrote: »
    Tea i dont drink coffee much it will stunt my 5 foot 7 growth :(
    The caffeine in some teas will have the same effect, because caffeine sucks up the vitamins in your body. The more you know:thumbsup:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2011
    Coffee fosho. :thumbsup:
  • edited September 2011
    mafiabro wrote: »
    The caffeine in some teas will have the same effect, because caffeine sucks up the vitamins in your body. The more you know:thumbsup:

What's the caffeine content in tea like compared to that in coffee? Are they similar or does tea contain a lot less of the stuff?
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited September 2011
    Coffee in the morning & sometimes in the afternoon. Tea with honey if I have a sore throat. Overall, I prefer coffee.
    edited September 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    What's the caffeine content in tea like compared to that in coffee? Are they similar or does tea contain a lot less of the stuff?
    I believe its about half, if i remember what i heard right.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited September 2011
    While I love both I think I'd have to stick with coffee as it's the only thing that gets me through the day. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like a cup of Texas sweet tea or warm earl gray but a nice cigarette with coffee is blissful.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited September 2011
    Coffee generally, but fuck, I enjoy a good cup of tea every once in a while.