Ever get that feeling that people are talking about you?

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Sitting in a computer room minding my own business, when two guys sit down the row from me. They keep looking in this direction, and speaking under their breath... It's honestly a little strange. I wonder what they could be discussing.

Anyone else get this feeling?

Comments

• mynicknamemynickname Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    yeah, but if I feel like someone is talking shit I walk over and say you shitbags talkin shit, if they're they'll be too scared to say yes, if they weren't they'll be too scared to do it after that.
  • edited February 2011
    All the time. All. The. Time.
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited February 2011
    Yes. I fucking hate it when I'm in class and groups of people continuously glance over at me, turn away, and proceed to mumble under their breath. It's always the same people too. I think I'm going to install a listening device underneath an adjacent table and figure out WTF they're saying.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    "Asians are good at math."
  • Mr.HappyMr.Happy Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    I've got a mate who I occasionally do this with. As in, pick out a random person in the vicinity, then occasionally look at them and look away, laugh a bit, speak quietly, sneak glances out of the corner of our eyes... great fun, people get really uncomfortable sometimes. If they say anything (only ever happened a couple of times) we stay quiet for a second and say "um, we were wondering why you kept looking at us actually."

Are we dicks?
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited February 2011
    ^ no you guys are not dicks. I do this sometimes also and it is fun. Doing the same in close range with someone by whispering is too.

Trx... this is probably just paranoia and a big ego. Nothing to worry about as just about all of us have a healthy dose of both. Try the what LordWorm said if you're worried.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    do your ears ring?
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    it only happens to ugly poeple.

Change the way you look and people wont do that

Ugly
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    Yeah chicks tend to do that. Prob talking about my gigantic awesome dick.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2011
    You know what to do:
    nz0hub.jpg
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited February 2011
    I always get that feeling when I'm really high in a setting where I don't know a lot of people. Usually I'm very friendly and social but sometimes when I'm too baked in a situation like that I get uncomfortable and awkward and get paranoid. :(

Usually it turns out I actually am just being paranoid and if I say something about it people lol and then actually look at me weird and probably start talking about me. :facepalm:

Fucking marijuana
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited February 2011
    do your ears ring?

What'sat got ta do with it?
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited February 2011
    Slice wrote: »
    I always get that feeling when I'm really high in a setting where I don't know a lot of people. Usually I'm very friendly and social but sometimes when I'm too baked in a situation like that I get uncomfortable and awkward and get paranoid. :(

Usually it turns out I actually am just being paranoid and if I say something about it people lol and then actually look at me weird and probably start talking about me. :facepalm:

Fucking marijuana

Same.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited February 2011
    Groups of people always glance at me, but i tell myself its because im incredibly good looking
  • edited February 2011
    proudclod9 wrote: »
    What'sat got ta do with it?

Have you never heard the saying that when people are talking about you, you feel your ears ringing/burning/whatever?