Zoklet had it's chance...

edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I'm here and ready for war. :mad:

I might be able to get 5024L to come out of hiding, along with JFLC, Really Stupid Stuff, Blunderful, Pope, Slim, and PuttinOnTheRitz. I also know a lot of other posters, including mods from zoklet, who would be interested. I will definitely try to expand our ranks, through personal referrals as well as PMs on Zoklet.

At some point we should discuss more ways on how we can convince the cool members on zoklet to make the transition. Obviously we don't want certain mods from zoklet coming here, climbing the ladder, then making the same mistakes... so we should just forum lynch them on the spot. Fuck with them relentlessly until they give up... although I doubt they'll even show their faces without the power to delete criticism. Once we have all the old school users, another idea is to PM every new user on Zoklet and link then here. The introductions forum would be a good place to start. I mean, it's obvious that nearly everyone is disappointed with Zok, and the decisions he's made with the community, so all we have to do is give the community an alternative. This site didn't look very fun when there barely any posts, but now that things are picking up, we're fucking ready to go. Once we have all the members, zoklet will be nothing more than a bad memory.

Comments

• mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Get motherfucking PP back over here. Someone should.
  • Panic!Panic! Regular
    edited July 2010
    Getting pope back on here would be a good choice
  • edited July 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »
    Get motherfucking PP back over here. Someone should.

I can try, but word on the street is he quit the internet.
    Getting pope back on here would be a good choice

That won't be a problem at all. I will message him in a minute.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010

I call bullshit but if he did, probably best for him.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited July 2010
    welcome back dude :) I share your vision of totse
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Welcome back Poast. Well you were right about Zoklet all along I guess. I just logged into my account and I got de-modded for no good reason.
  • edited July 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »
    I call bullshit but if he did, probably best for him.

I kept in regular contact with him outside of Zoklet. He hasn't been around at all.
    welcome back dude :) I share your vision of totse

Thanks! And I never really left. I've been up to my same old tricks, as you can see... zok says my content is no longer welcome on his site. It's not even my main account that is banished, it's my personality. No matter how many accounts I make, they just keep banning them. I asked zok if he wanted to call a truce, I even said I would donate a few bucks as a peace offering, but he's still butt-hurt that I got into M&A and embarrassed his whole crew. I was really hoping an alternative like this would be established so we could try to save what little of the original posters we have left. I can't wait to get involved and help solve this clusterfuck once and for all.
    Dfg wrote: »
    Welcome back Poast. Well you were right about Zoklet all along I guess. I just logged into my account and I got de-modded for no good reason.

Told you so man! Honestly though, what did you expect? Zok is a fucking backstabbing hypocrite... ask Expl0itz. He uses people like yourself to do all his dirty work, and in the end YOU look like a dick for following HIS orders. The SAME EXACT thing is happening right now with Spectral, only the funniest part is he's so ignorant and delusional that he doesn't even see it coming.

Protip: Don't be a mod here. I think a lot of people would agree that you can be a helpful nice guy when you're not put into a position of power. When you're angry and forced to make decisions, you end up contradicting yourself so much that nothing makes any sense.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I kept in regular contact with him outside of Zoklet. He hasn't been around at all.

Thanks! And I never really left. I've been up to my same old tricks, as you can see... zok says my content is no longer welcome on his site. It's not even my main account that is banished, it's my personality. No matter how many accounts I make, they just keep banning them. I asked zok if he wanted to call a truce, I even said I would donate a few bucks as a peace offering, but he's still butt-hurt that I got into M&A and embarrassed his whole crew. I was really hoping an alternative like this would be established so we could try to save what little of the original posters we have left. I can't wait to get involved and help solve this clusterfuck once and for all.

Told you so man! Honestly though, what did you expect? Zok is a fucking backstabbing hypocrite... ask Expl0itz. He uses people like yourself to do all his dirty work, and in the end YOU look like a dick for following HIS orders. The SAME EXACT thing is happening right now with Spectral, only the funniest part is he's so ignorant and delusional that he doesn't even see it coming.

Protip: Don't be a mod here. I think a lot of people would agree that you can be a helpful nice guy when you're not put into a position of power. When you're angry and forced to make decisions, you end up contradicting yourself so much that nothing makes any sense.

Don't worry. I don't plan to mod here. I will just contribute and contribute. That's my job as a Totse memeber.
  • SophiaSandboxSophiaSandbox Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dude, wtf is with the de-modding? Shouldn't he give you a reason or something?
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited July 2010

Rolf officially dislikes Zok, as both an administrator and as a oxygen-consuming organism, for Dfg is like mighty Atlas, yet one who shall be called "Madame Coathanger" for the duration of this post, is mentioned as the one who contributes most.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Dude, wtf is with the de-modding? Shouldn't he give you a reason or something?

Nope, not even a single PM explaining his actions. I was a mod few hours ago and then I am banned from everywhere.
    Rolf wrote: »
    Rolf officially dislikes Zok, as both an administrator and as a oxygen-consuming organism, for Dfg is like mighty Atlas, yet one who shall be called "Madame Coathanger" for the duration of this post, is mentioned as the one who contributes most.

I am honored by your comment Lord Rolf, truly your wisdom reaches infinity.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Poast, if you could bring those people back, it would be awesome. Hell, someone convince Spectral to come here as well.
  • edited July 2010
    Vizier wrote: »
    Poast, if you could bring those people back, it would be awesome. Hell, someone convince Spectral to come here as well.

That means DaGuru would come along bitching and el oh fucking elling all over the forum.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Nope, not even a single PM explaining his actions. I was a mod few hours ago and then I am banned from everywhere.

You've committed an atrocious crime. You are mingling with the opposition by posting here, an act of treason against the high and mighty Zok. There is no alternative punishment for that except death by firing squad.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010

I think I saw his name on the roster. Im glad he signed up too. Although we bumped heads a bit on zoklet, I still respect him as a level headed mod who didnt give into that brown nosery that went on at zoklet. Well he did for a while, but he got over it.

Anways, Id welcome him as a mod here any day.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    You've committed an atrocious crime. You are mingling with the opposition by posting here, an act of treason against the high and mighty Zok. There is no alternative punishment for that except death by firing squad.

Well, I post on various Totse clones anyway. I don't see a major problem. Perhaps the large user migration could have triggered it.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    That means DaGuru would come along bitching and el oh fucking elling all over the forum.

True, but with no Zok here I wonder what he's gonna start bitching about... and wtf, you're a super mod here? Lulz.

Never, ever let wires take that position 4J, you heard me brah?
  • edited July 2010
    True, but with no Zok here I wonder what he's gonna start bitching about... and wtf, you're a super mod here? Lulz.

Never, ever let wires take that position 4J, you heard me brah?

Yeah I modded here the first time this forum was around until it went down for a long ass time and came back. I doubt Zok and wires will even come here and if they do I'd be surprised.
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited July 2010
    You guys, we need everyone here. All the old posters, incuding meta, jackketch, and the others that may have not been liked too much. Because the spirit of totse was information. Everyone got together, and shared their information. Any information, no holds barred. That's why I think we should let everyone in. Maybe not Zok, Wires, Fish, or Deuce, (not that they'd even come here, but if they do, I'm sure they can stay as USERS) but everyone else. We need to let people in with open arms, and leave everything else in the past. I'm sure certain people will not be considered for modship, but at least we will have their knowledge and contributions. I loved the Totse Army, but let's not start off by fighting. There'll be plenty of time for that later ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Hell, someone convince Spectral to come here as well.
    Anyways, Id welcome him as a mod here any day.

Please no... just... no. If we want to rebuild totse in it's own image we need to STAY AWAY from unnecessary witch hunting and rule mongering. We need to concentrate on intermingling lulz with helpful info. There HAS to be a middle ground. What ruined zoklet was trying to push everyone in a direction that only 25% of the community supported. The last thing we need now is spectral spamming up every thread about forum politics with his "anti-trolling" gestapo bullshit. We need POSITIVE, REAL posters to contribute ideas on how to appeal to OUR age group, not another fucking lame burned out old faggart with no life and no real friends.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    I never mentioned to have him as a MOD. Still, you gotta admit the man knew about his stuff or at least tried to help the community. He was a hardass at first, yes, but he slowly changed and is now realizing how much Zoklet is starting to suck.

I do love how you said mixing lulz with helpful info; the main reason I (and I'm sure many others) joined totse as well.
  • edited July 2010
    Understandable, but STILL!... we don't need his constant off-topic rants clouding the real issues. We need rebels to dictate policy, for THE LULZ. Mods on zoklet are to butt-hurt and scared to have any fun. Now is the time for the regulars who never got the recognition they deserved to be rewarded. We need a WHOLE new set of mods, and it NEEDS to include posters that have been in it for years and in it for the lulz. As long as nobody becomes another fucking tyrant, and everyone respects everyone else's right to participate, then we'll all be one big happy dysfunctional family. I wouldn't mind spectral coming here, but what I mean is we need to build this site while WE(the "trolls" who just want to enjoy ourselves) still can, before people like HIM(the elitist internet megalomaniacs) fuck it up for everyone.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Understandable, but STILL!... we don't need his constant off-topic rants clouding the real issues. We need rebels to dictate policy, for THE LULZ. Mods on zoklet are to butt-hurt and scared to have any fun. Now is the time for the regulars who never got the recognition they deserved to be rewarded. We need a WHOLE new set of mods, and it NEEDS to include posters that have been in it for years and in it for the lulz. As long as nobody becomes another fucking tyrant, and everyone respects everyone else's right to participate, then we'll all be one big happy dysfunctional family. I wouldn't mind spectral coming here, but what I mean is we need to build this site while WE(the "trolls" who just want to enjoy ourselves) still can, before people like HIM(the elitist internet megalomaniacs) fuck it up for everyone.

Amen.
    edited July 2010
    Please no... just... no. If we want to rebuild totse in it's own image we need to STAY AWAY from unnecessary witch hunting and rule mongering. We need to concentrate on intermingling lulz with helpful info. There HAS to be a middle ground. What ruined zoklet was trying to push everyone in a direction that only 25% of the community supported. The last thing we need now is spectral spamming up every thread about forum politics with his "anti-trolling" gestapo bullshit. We need POSITIVE, REAL posters to contribute ideas on how to appeal to OUR age group, not another fucking lame burned out old faggart with no life and no real friends.

The guy was real dedicated to modding and keeping unnecessary bullshit out of the forum. Yea he is somewhat of an Anti-lulz, but its not like zok owns this forum, so we can cut him down any time we need to.
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited July 2010
    Welcome back Poast. Well you were right about Zoklet all along I guess.

I lol'd when I saw this, and thought it was a troll account. Sorry you lost the mod position, but you seemed through with the drama anyways, amirite?
    For a pervy arab, you're pretty cool. As a mod, you never did wrong by me, and as a member, you gave me some lulz both at your expense and at your side. Either way, you're a good member, and I'd post on a forum with a faggot like you any day. *thumbsup
  • Chimera 1Chimera 1 Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Ive always wanted to know.

Are you and My mom is dead the same person?
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2010
    You dont know how glad i am to see you poast. If you could get 5024L, blunderfull, and the rest back i'd be overjoyed.:)
  • edited July 2010
    Chimera 1 wrote: »
    Ive always wanted to know.

Are you and My mom is dead the same person?

No we're childhood friends and veteran trolls. We've been doing this for about eight or nine years on various different forums including totse... although we only found &T in 2004.
    mafiabro wrote: »
    You dont know how glad i am to see you poast. If you could get 5024L, blunderfull, and the rest back i'd be overjoyed.:)

Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying my best to get in contact with them.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2010
    Bring them all dude
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd love to see a new edition of Blunderful's comics
  • weathersweathers Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd love to see a new edition of Blunderful's comics

Fuck yeah!

Seeing this screen is... weird. Good weird. The other good weird is seeing the posters here. I'll keep my fingers crossed this place brings back teh lulz.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Prepare for war gentlemen.
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2010
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited July 2010
    meta wrote: »
    Prepare for war gentlemen.

• VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dragonforce sucks.
    edited July 2010
    Dragonforce sucks.

this. please dont bring that crap to the forums.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010

He aint gone.

I can get in touch with his new Zoklet account. One of the perks of being a zoklet mod actually.

I will message him.
  • edited July 2010
    vizier wrote: »
    dragonforce sucks.

qft
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited July 2010
    You have no taste in music, fuck you all.

EDIT: Though I do admit, dragonforce to power metal, is like metalcore to real metal
  • edited July 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    He aint gone.

I can get in touch with his new Zoklet account. One of the perks of being a zoklet mod actually.

I will message him.

What is his new account?
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    Don't worry. I don't plan to mod here. I will just contribute and contribute. That's my job as a Totse memeber.

hahaha.
  • edited July 2010
    hahaha.

Its also lulz that poast made this thread and went right back to zoklet as soon as they unbanned everyone for their "second chance".
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited July 2010
    Its also lulz that poast made this thread and went right back to zoklet as soon as they unbanned everyone for their "second chance".

Yeah but, it seems that he still posts mainly to insult Zok and his way of running things over there.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    For the record, I think Dragonforce is awesome... which thinking about it now, probably doesn't help the case much... I should shut up now...
  • edited July 2010
    vozhde wrote: »
    Yeah but, it seems that he still posts mainly to insult Zok and his way of running things over there.

Well good, I wasn't hating on him at all I was just wondering why he left here as soon as they let him back on zoklet.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited July 2010
    I asked zok and wires about DFG getting demodded, here are the convos:

<MissingMuse> why did DFG get demodded?
    <zok> He wanted to quit.
    <zok> He announced it.
    <zok> We'd been looking for a replacement for a while
    <zok> Well, replacementS
    <zok> Then he started being all anti-establishment and "shit site sucks" ect
    <zok> Which is no way to behave or talk about the place you work for
    <zok> So that kinda expedited the process of finding a replacement for him

<MissingMuse> why did DFG get demodded?
    <@wires&gt; he wasn't acting like we expect our moderators to act, in the end
    <MissingMuse> meaning..?
    <@wires&gt; meaning just that
    <MissingMuse> thats pretty vague

I guess thats their official statement about it. Wires of course just gave me the run around, I'm surprised I caught them in different rooms but on at the same time.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    Work for? A moderator is just a guy who gets rid of the junk on forums. AN INTERNET JANITOR. That's all! Unless they stops cleaning up the spam, they shouldn't be demodded.

They're not "jobs", they're basically punishments. Why am I the only one who sees that?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    Work for? A moderator is just a guy who gets rid of the junk on forums. AN INTERNET JANITOR. That's all! Unless they stops cleaning up the spam, they shouldn't be demodded.

They're not "jobs", they're basically punishments. Why am I the only one who sees that?

Wisdom I guess.

Again, I would love to see contributors as moderators, not just mods. We don't need mods in the first place. We need contributors.

:facepalm:
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    lol, so if employees are allowed to talk bad about McDonalds, why can't moderators (who get paid nothing) talk bad about a freaking forum?
  • edited July 2010
    :facepalm:

He acts as if each mod gets a pay check at the end of the week.