I saw a cat get hit by a car last night

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Me and my girlfriend were driving back to her house when it happened. The car drove off as if he didn't even know he'd hit something, but the cat was left laying on the floor in a pool of blood, having a seizure and going nuts. I decided to go and knock on my friend's door to break the news that his cat had been run over.

I was kind of hoping the cat would just die there and then, it looked in a lot of pain. Never seen something like that before, but thanks to Totse it didn't affect me too bad :D

Comments

• edited February 2011
    That is a sad thing, I have had 3 cats all of which met with untimely ends, I am getting another cat when me and my GF move in together, and I hope this time my fuzzy buddy lives long and prospers.
  • edited February 2011
    I think the worst part was watching it have a seizure on the floor. I don't believe the guy who hit it just drove away though :facepalm:
  • edited February 2011
    Probably a "dog person", but definitely a douchebag.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2011
    A friend of mine has had loads of cats all of them die I am not sure why his family keeps getting them..
    They also have a dog that's smaller than their cats and looks like lassy only in miniature..

I think I've said this before but I was walking to a mates and this girl from the near by high school was crossing the road. Anyway she just walks straight into the road doesn't even look and gets hit by a land rover. Luckily for the driver he was going fairly slow and braked, all that happened was she was knocked over. She got back up and walked off. I was laughing the whole time mind you. I hope she always looks now (probably not) I felt sorry for the driver.
  • edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I think the worst part was watching it have a seizure on the floor. I don't believe the guy who hit it just drove away though :facepalm:
    Probably a "dog person", but definitely a douchebag.

They didn't necessarily notice, probably thought it was a pothole. I hit an armadillo once when he ran out in front of my truck, it's not that big a bump.

Even if they had known, what could they have done?
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    sometimes you'd rather hit an animal, than swerve and put ur own life at risk
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    Me and my girlfriend were driving back to her house when it happened. The car drove off as if he didn't even know he'd hit something, but the cat was left laying on the floor in a pool of blood, having a seizure and going nuts. I decided to go and knock on my friend's door to break the news that his cat had been run over.

I was kind of hoping the cat would just die there and then, it looked in a lot of pain. Never seen something like that before, but thanks to Totse it didn't affect me too bad :D

right there i knew this thread was a fake
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited February 2011
    Poor thing.
  • edited February 2011

All that could possibly result from him staying would be grief. Why wouldn't he drive away? It's not as if the police are going to come after him.

It always sucks to see cute things get killed, though.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited February 2011
    I allways stop and finish off anything I hit. Sometimes, if it is a tasty animal, I will take it home and have it for dinner.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    It's just a cat. No biggie.