I feel disgusting.

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Been wallowing in my own filth for the last 3(ish) days, playing games, drinking and eating purely shit. I haven't showered or changed clothes for more than an hour or so, and aside from going into town to get an Xbox 360 controller I have pretty much been sitting in the same place all weekend.

Now I am back home in my own room, and I am about to enjoy the pleasure of having a shower. I actually feel like a deprived African kid with no water.

Tl;dr - Take a pleasure away for a few days. When you next get to do it, it's amazing.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    Been there done that or sort of doing it now :p.

Fuck showers, save the WATER FOR AFRICA!
  • edited February 2011
    I haven't been sick in a while but I've definitely been there before.

That's the thing - I'm not even sick. I was just with a friend and didn't go home for 3 days :thumbsup:
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2011
    Sometimes i just forget to shower..or i think i already have.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    I bet all your nuts sack stink like

curdled milk. Fucking sick fuckers thats why you

never get pussy
  • mynicknamemynickname Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    murder/suicide
  • SemSem Regular
    edited February 2011
    Gah, I don't know how you managed it. I'm mildly obsessive about showering at least two to three times a day.

One question though; why didn't you use your friend's shower?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    Sem wrote: »
    Gah, I don't know how you managed it. I'm mildly obsessive about showering at least two to three times a day.

I sometimes go a few days without showering. I only shower when I feel filthy. Showering every day actually isn't necessary. Our society has gone overboard with hygiene and using hand sanitizer every 5 fucking minutes. Notice how most sickly children have the most hygiene obsessed parents? It's because they never build up any immunities like normal people do.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited February 2011
    I sometimes go a few days without showering. I only shower when I feel filthy. Showering every day actually isn't necessary. Our society has gone overboard with hygiene and using hand sanitizer every 5 fucking minutes. Notice how most sickly children have the most hygiene obsessed parents? It's because they never build up any immunities like normal people do.

That's the odd thing though. I'm pretty adamant with showering and brushing my teeth, yet I hate anti-bacterial hand soap.

Aside from your points there’s also the additional layer of harmless bacteria which acts as an armor of sorts to more harmful bacteria being wiped out by a bottle of Purell.

I think it's more of a scent issue for me.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    That's the odd thing though. I'm pretty adamant with showering and brushing my teeth, yet I hate anti-bacterial hand soap.

Aside from your points there’s also the additional layer of harmless bacteria which acts as an armor of sorts to more harmful bacteria being wiped out by a bottle of Purell.

I think it's more of a scent issue for me.

Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating becoming a filthy ass hobo but some people do take the hygiene thing too far imo. For example lets say the day before you didn't really do much and the next day you still look and smell ok but didn't shower it's not a big deal.
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited February 2011
    Back in grade 9, there was this 2 week period where I was completely obsessed with manufacturing black powder. I spent every waking hour going to school (Only had 2 classes, because I was kicked out of the other ones), reading pyrotechnics books, biking around to hardware stores to find chemicals, ordering supplies, building a ball mill, producing milling media, running tests and fixing stuff, milling several batches of powder, and finally doing granulation and testing. I basically felt like Tesla did when he stated the quote in my sig. Anyway, I ended up showering only twice in 13 days. That. Was. Nasty.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    Its not hard to jump in shower and give yourself a quick rinse.

Smelly asses
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    I get this most weekends at Uni. My bedsit isn't the most amazing place...
  • edited February 2011

I could have used his shower - he gave me the chance. I just seriously couldn't be bothered to move from the place I had been sitting for the past 3 days, covered in crumbs from food and wearing the same sweaty boxers :D

Honestly, it was pretty good not to have to worry about showering or even moving too much. I still brushed my teeth though.
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited February 2011
    If i'm not doing much I usually stay 3 days max without shower, the oils are actually quite good for your skin as long as you do not touch your face. Plus bed head hair is awesome, it's a new style err'day.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    showers are for the weak. or when u want head.