Reccommend me a good vapouriser.

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited February 2011 in Man Cave
Damn I love my parents. They want to get me one after watching a BBC program on Weed and the medical benefits of it! :D I finally won them over after all these years.

So, any reccommendations? Any reviews? Personal experiences? I saw the Volcano ones around £300 so I think that's a tad out of my price range.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Find someone who has a volcano who's selling it? My dude's selling one for $200 US dollars right now.

Also I wouldn't recommend the pencil sharpener tube looking one because it's just not that good, but it's really cheap.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited February 2011
    Find someone who has a volcano who's selling it? My dude's selling one for $200 US dollars right now.

Also I wouldn't recommend the pencil sharpener tube looking one because it's just not that good, but it's really cheap.

Four words: Volcano, Volcano, and Volcano. They are the very best of the best. Like the poster above me said try to find a used one because they are rather expensive. I think I remember them being about $400-$500.00USD, so like intox shaman said, 200 is cheap. They last forever man, and save grass so it kind of an investment. :D

They are worth every dollar...hmm well worth every euro in your case, I think. :confused:

Check e-bay, Bruh.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited February 2011
    Volcano is too fucking expensive. It's not the best of the best, either. Look into a Silver Surfer, Da Buddha, Magic Flight Launch Box, or a Vapor Genie. Those are all quality vapes that won't put a gaping hole in your pocket.
  • edited February 2011
    Volcano is too fucking expensive. It's not the best of the best, either. Look into a Silver Surfer, Da Buddha, Magic Flight Launch Box, or a Vapor Genie. Those are all quality vapes that won't put a gaping hole in your pocket.

What about a simple light bulb?

idea.jpg

Seriously though, has anyone used a boro vape like the Eagle Bill or a modified test tube? I have a box of 24 Pyrex tubes layin around ....
    edited February 2011
    What about a simple light bulb?

idea.jpg

Seriously though, has anyone used a boro vape like the Eagle Bill or a modified test tube? I have a box of 24 Pyrex tubes layin around ....

A lightbulb is the cheapest way to go, but you won't get anywhere near the quality.
    edited February 2011

:confused::rolleyes::confused:
    Dude have you ever even used a Volcano?
    edited February 2011
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    :confused::rolleyes::confused:
    Dude have you ever even used a Volcano?

I surely haven't, but I've heard enough from people who have. For $500? Fuck a Volcano unless it grows the weed for you.
    edited February 2011
    I surely haven't, but I've heard enough from people who have. For $500? Fuck a Volcano unless it grows the weed for you.

Yeah I agree about the price. But the thing will not burn out the heating element like every other Vape I have seen. Unless I had money to burn I wouldn't pay full price either. That's why I recommended trying to find a used one.

Good suggestions on those other vapes though. They look good for the price. Have you used any of them personally? I have heard vape genie was a good one.
  • edited February 2011
    The Magic Flight Launch Box has great reviews. I've never used it but a friend of mine has one and swears by it.

Personally I like smoke :hai:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    I saw that Magic Box, but was taken aback somewhat when I saw the price! Looked at one of these. they look like pretty good quality, and the heating element is revised so hopefully it stays working..just gotta wait for my Student money to roll in. Not.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/vapir-air-digital-air---vaporizer---one-corded.cfm?iProductID=2204
  • KowKow Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    The Magic Flight Launch Box is $100 because it comes with batteries and a charger plus a lifetime warranty. The materials are quality and the vape is nice.

I own one and I love it. It takes some practice to use it right since it's so... simple... in its use. I found I had to overcook my bud for a while when I first got it (still better than burning, eh?) in order to find the perfect rate of breath (which is how you regulate the temperature). The high is nice and it's very conservative (like all vapes) on weed.

Downsides. Smoking out friends with it who don't know how to use it is frustrating because they don't know the proper way to take the hit (fyi, a noob friendly way to use it is to do about 2 "sips" of breath a second letting it heat up in between each breath but not so much that it burns). You have to be careful with the interior screen (they provide a brush to clean it with) since it can tear or dislodge if you mess with it. The brush is great for cleaning it so there isn't a need to really worry about it. Plus if you break it, you can hit them up and most likely replace the unit (gotta love that warranty). It uses "special" batteries. They're not something hard to get, but you have to peel the outside casing off the battery in order to properly use it (doesn't fit plus you won't have a negative side to complete the circuit). They have to be a specific power of battery too. I just bought an extra set of 2 when I got mine and having the 4 I've never had a problem. Even 2 is fine unless you're passing it around a party if you alternate charging and hitting so one's always charging.
  • edited February 2011
    The ultimate "economy" vaporizer;

So the principal of a vaporizer is that it heats weed to the point that the active compounds vaporize but without oxidization, correct?

Take your weed and roll it up into little balls, if it is dry, throw it in a bag overnight with a slice of apple.

Take two thick dinner knives, and heat up the first inch or so of the blade with a butane torch(a big one, not a crack torch), till the ends are red hot, and touch the flat side of the hot part of one knife onto one of the rolled up weed balls.

The weed ball will stick to the hot knife, now quickly press the other hot knife against the weed, mashing it against the first one. Inhale the resulting smoke and get fucking fried as hell off a tiny amount of grass.

You can use an electric stove to heat up the knives too, but make sure they are red hot or you will "cold toke", and feel like an elephant is sitting on your chest.

Vaps are great, and really help you get your moneys worth from your grass. The hotknifeing method had been around for ages, but it somehow slipped off the radar when hash became scarce. If anyone can tell me how hotknifeing is different from a vaporizer, I would be interested in hearing it, because I get high as fuck off both, one is just a lot cheaper. If grass(or money) is scarce and I have an eighth, I will usually do the last gram off the blades, and be high every day for a week on what I could burn through in a day or two.

CO
    "stupid keyboard stuck in French again, but at least I found the ""
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    Vineman wrote: »

This. Fuck a vap.
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited February 2011
    Vineman wrote: »
    duuude wrote: »
    This. Fuck a vap.

While I prefer smoking, vapes are rather nice, and can be favorable depending on the setting.

Volcanoes speak for themselves, although the hype surrounding them is overrated.

In the past, I have had only good experiences with this vape made by "Natural Goods" with regular use.

Has a digital read, to manually control the temperature, while it isn't a necessity, and ups the price in compared to the standard, it is nice to have. Once you figure out the right temperature, you won't burn out the heating element or overcook the product or whip.

Natural Goods Digital Vaporizer
    edited February 2011
    The ultimate "economy" vaporizer;

So the principal of a vaporizer is that it heats weed to the point that the active compounds vaporize but without oxidization, correct?

Take your weed and roll it up into little balls, if it is dry, throw it in a bag overnight with a slice of apple.

Take two thick dinner knives, and heat up the first inch or so of the blade with a butane torch(a big one, not a crack torch), till the ends are red hot, and touch the flat side of the hot part of one knife onto one of the rolled up weed balls.

The weed ball will stick to the hot knife, now quickly press the other hot knife against the weed, mashing it against the first one. Inhale the resulting smoke and get fucking fried as hell off a tiny amount of grass.

You can use an electric stove to heat up the knives too, but make sure they are red hot or you will "cold toke", and feel like an elephant is sitting on your chest.

Vaps are great, and really help you get your moneys worth from your grass. The hotknifeing method had been around for ages, but it somehow slipped off the radar when hash became scarce. If anyone can tell me how hotknifeing is different from a vaporizer, I would be interested in hearing it, because I get high as fuck off both, one is just a lot cheaper. If grass(or money) is scarce and I have an eighth, I will usually do the last gram off the blades, and be high every day for a week on what I could burn through in a day or two.

CO
    "stupid keyboard stuck in French again, but at least I found the ""

Been there, done that. Sorry meng, Fanks tho:D

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=10745
  • droppindsdroppinds Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    If the circumstances are ideal and you could afford one I'd go with a volcano. But if you can't dish out $500 or more then I'd defintley reccomend the silver surfer or da buddha. Their pretty similar overall, the silver surfer is better and IMO well worth the slightly higher price than Da BUddha. A silver surfer should run you $220-$250 depending on where you get it. They all come with a one year warranty so thats a plus. Only thing that sucks is the Surfer does have a big learning curve. I've used several vapes and the Surfer is definitley the most difficult I've used. Not to make it sound like a huge deal or a momentous challenge, but you do have to get used to it.

Stay away from the Hotbox types. They definitley work and lots of people use them successfully. Its just if your going to invest money in a vaporizer you're really gonna use, then just dish out and get a higher quality than a hotbox.

Also if it interests you i've had good experiences using the iolite. Its a mini vape that looks like a walkie talkie. It seemed kinda akward, and i didnt visibly exhale smoke. But it still got me high. Its easy to conceal, doesn't smell, and you can smoke it virtually anywhere. It operates on a charged battery so it portable. I think they market it as having an hour and a half of battery generally, which is plenty of hits. I've heard storeis of people using the iolite in movie theaters. I think it costs around $120 depending on what bells and whistles you get with it. But to me the iolite seems more like a part time,or secondary smoking device. If your a stoner looking for a full time vape to satisfy your insatiable need for weed, the iolite should not be your only or first purchase.