Calea Zacatechichi Combination

DerelictmyballsDerelictmyballs Acolyte
edited February 2011 in Man Cave
Okay, so I just recently got a bunch of the dream herb Calea Zacatechichi to take before I go to bed...obviously to affect my dreams. However, I have insomnia and I'm prescribed Trazodone to sleep. Trazodone is a Serotonin Antaogonist Reuptake Inhibitor. My question is, will it be safe to take both of these things at night? Because I tried the Calea tea on it's own and it didn't make me tired and I ended up just tossing and turning all through the night and got no sleep whatsoever.

Comments

• fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited February 2011
    I have no experience with the herb in question whatsoever. So I can't really give any advie. I would suggest trying bluelight maybe or google of course. How is trazodone working for you? I've been prescribed that before with no effects at all.

Something that did help me though was an old trazodone-type drug called Elavil. Elavil (Amitriptyline) is used to treat symptoms of depression. Amitriptyline is in a class of medications called tricyclic antidepressants. It works by increasing the amounts of certain natural substances in the brain that are needed to maintain mental balance. In many cases as well, it is used to treat moderate insomnia. Please seek a physician's advice is symptoms persist. [/end MD fr0st] lawl

I will tell you what helps me for sleep these days...heroin :D
  • DerelictmyballsDerelictmyballs Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    Umm, I wouldn't have checked here if I hadn't tried Google first. And I've been taking Trazodone for about 8 years and I'm pretty content so I'm not really gonna change that.
  • edited February 2011
    Interesting, thanks for turning me on to a new herb OP, I might try some if it is available because I think my dreams are a pretty good indicator of how my subconscious is dealing with whatever is going on in my life. I already remember my dreams fairly well, this sounds like it could help, and the fact that it is bitter..... well some of the best things in life are bitter.

If you want a herb to help you sleep, try Valerian, it contains valerianic acid, a crude benzo analogue. GABA also helps prolong restful sleep, as does an anaerobic, weight pushing, workout in the morning.