NZ - We just had another quake.

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Not as big as the 7.1 September quake, but heaps worse because of the shallow depth. :(
Christchurch earthquake.
The earthquake was magnitude 6.3 and struck at a depth of 5km, 10km south-east of Christchurch CBD. It was shallower and closer to Christchurch than the 7.1 magnitude quake on September 4, which was recorded at a depth of 33km, near Darfield.
Three Geonet monitors in the Christchurch CBD recorded much worse ground shaking than was felt during the original September 4 quake. It was expected to have caused a fissure in the ground under its epicentre in Lyttelton.
The quake has caused devastation. Emergency services are reporting multiple fatalities, serious injuries and extensive structural damage to buildings. Hospitals throughout the South Island have been cleared to take in a flood of patients from Christchurch.
Fires are breaking out in the city centre. Reports are still emerging about people who remain trapped. The iconic Christchurch Cathedral, which survived the original September 4 quake, has collapsed. Hospitals throughout the South Island have been cleared to take in a flood of patients from Christchurch.
Civil Defence Minister John Carter said there will be continuous aftershocks in the wake of the quake.

He advised people who could not cope with the shocks to leave the city in the short term. A Geonet spokesman said the train of significant aftershocks would last about two days.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/christchurch-earthquake/news/article.cfm?c_id=1502981&objectid=10708024

INB4 internet failure :mad:

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Glad i dont live in christchurch
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    Question is if NZ fell into the ocean, would anyone notice?
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited February 2011
    naw we wont miss those niggers
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited February 2011
    TSAoD wrote: »
    A lot of scientist would be extremely interested if that happened considering NZ doesn't float or hover, therefore how can it fall you dumbfuck. :rolleyes:
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    I saw this on the news a few hours ago and thought of bornkiller:o
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    TSAoD wrote: »

Well there would be a lot less immigrants to the West Island, states Rolf.

I saw this on the news a few hours ago and thought of my fellow stormfront members, many of whom come from New Zealand

Fixed by Rolf, fixes Rolf.
    edited February 2011
    I saw this on the news a few hours ago and thought of bornkiller:o
    It's a long way from me bro. :) Got friends there though, & I heard recently they're ok.

Well! I'll be damned! Australia, The US, Japan and Indonesia have offered assistance so far. That's fuckin awesome mang. Just when I always thought the world was such a fucked up place..:cool:
    So far our cunty government has accepted Australia's rescue assistance which is way :cool: That doesn't mean I like our government though. :mad:
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited February 2011
    My ex is in NZ.

Maybe she's dead :rolleyes:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited February 2011
    Thats going to cost a shit load of money to put right. Anyone in NZ: prepare to be poor.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    Wdf is NZ?
    unusual_sarcasm_notice.jpg
    edited February 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Thats going to cost a shit load of money to put right. Anyone in NZ: prepare to be poor.
    wutchu talking about?... our asses already p0 :rolleyes: