Buckethead

FONFON Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
What? Buckethead released ANOTHER album? Praise be to chicken jesus!

By far one of the most consistent artists out there. How he still comes up with awesome new songs is far beyond my comprehension.

Latest album - Happy Holidays From Buckethead. Am giving this a listen now and of course, I'm impressed :D

And a song off Captain Eo's Voyage...Not the one I wanted, but is still good.

Comments

• MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited February 2011
    I acknowledge bucketheads talent, but I just cant get into him. Maybe its that every one of his songs sounds like he solo'd over a generic track, like the ones you get on a casio electronic keyboard, and you just have to press a button to change the chord.

In that, he evokes no passion or inspiration in his music, and I just do not get it.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    He's extremely overrated imo. He is talented but the kfc bucket is retarded and his music gets boring after a while. What Marijuanasaurus said pretty summed up my thoughts on him.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    I acknowledge bucketheads talent, but I just cant get into him. Maybe its that every one of his songs sounds like he solo'd over a generic track, like the ones you get on a casio electronic keyboard, and you just have to press a button to change the chord.

In that, he evokes no passion or inspiration in his music, and I just do not get it.

Sounds like you haven't listened to much Buckethead. It's not like all he does is shred...And even then, I'd say he is one of the more 'emotional' shredders out there.

EDIT: My internet is at dial up speed otherwise I'd find the best version of Soothsayer...This one will have to do. Hope it's good.

I guess that's why I like him. If his shred stuff gets boring I just put on a more chilled out album, or if I want acoustic guitars I'll put on an acoustic album, if I wanna get freaky I'll throw on some more experimental stuff etc etc ...I find it very hard to get bored when there is such a huge and diverse range of music to be found amongst his work.

But to each his own.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited February 2011
    Most of his stuff sounds like guitar masturbation to me, but Soothsayer and some other songs are amazing.