The "Europop" myth

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
This has been bugging me for a while, and I know it isn't across the board, but with me noticing it a lot within the past few weeks, I figured I'd ask.

I have a friend who lives in Missouri. In fact, I have a few American friends who think this way.
When you ask them [Americans or other Nationalities] what they think of Europe, you tend to get an answer which consists of the following:
  • Cynical Humanism
  • Athiesm (except for Catholic strongholds such as the Vatican etc)
  • Up for sex whenever
  • Drive fast cars
  • Rich
  • White
  • Successful
  • Has the dream lifestyle

It almost seems that when, in this case, Americans, think of Europe, they are seeing a tiny proportion of Sweden! Music like this also doesn't help as it makes everyone think we just want to fuck. Which I suppose is true, but isn't it for every Country/Continent (except Antarctica..)

Sorry, I just had to..

This sums up my argument/discussion quite well

So, any further views? I'm just curious. I know this isn't across the board from both sides (Americans and Europeans) but cultural practices, stereotypes and anthropology fascinate me.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Everyone in europe is a faggot liberal.
    The next generation of europeans grow from spores because all the current europeans are too busy being faggots to actually reproduce.
    They are scared of violence and minorities and their own shadow.
    Real talk homie.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    Everyone in europe is a faggot liberal.
    The next generation of europeans grow from spores because all the current europeans are too busy being faggots to actually reproduce.
    They are scared of violence and minorities and their own shadow.
    Real talk homie.

This

Good one.

And did he mention Europeans are faggots
  • AnarchyMasterAnarchyMaster Regular
    edited February 2011
    ohhhhhhhhhhhh you touch my tralalala
    mmmm my ding ding dong
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    The average European today is a faggot. He is a liberal politically correct gun hating queer loving bitch. Europe has a glorious history yet the modern European is ashamed of this history. The European listens to shitty electronic music. Europe has holocaust denial laws because fear of offending the jew is more important than true history. The modern European in general represents all that is wrong with the white race.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    It almost seems that when, in this case, Americans, think of Europe, they are seeing a tiny proportion of Sweden! Music like this also doesn't help as it makes everyone think we just want to fuck. Which I suppose is true, but isn't it for every Country/Continent (except Antarctica..)

Except the United States... have you seen some of their "women" recently? Asks Rolf.
    He is a liberal politically correct gun hating queer loving bitch.

Worry not, for Finland and Switzerland still exist, states Rolf.
  • starfox223starfox223 Regular
    edited March 2011
    Europe= Amsterdam =legal weed and hookers!