Watch out what you listen to

Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
edited February 2011 in Life
Since I was a kid, I have had music playing around me, almost all the time when I was awake. In my headphones, through the speakers, radio, CDs, mp3s, you name it.

And you know what? One thing I learned through all this years, is that what you listen to affects you. It affects you on a pretty deep level. It can make you feel very different, and change your whole outlook, the way you see life, the way you think. Especially if you're listening through your headphones.

These days, I am much more careful in what I listen to. It can make you slack all day and make you apathetic, it can make you depressed, or it can make you feel joie de vivre, in harmony with the world, you name it.

So; be aware of these things, and if you seem to be doing well but not feeling it, perhaps consider what is there on your playlist.

Comments

• ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited February 2011
    Does this also mean I should reconsider listening to you?
  • Agent 008Agent 008 Regular
    edited February 2011
    Does this also mean I should reconsider listening to you?

Absolutely.
  • edited February 2011
    I agree with the way music has an effect on the person who you are. This is one reason why I think it's important to take an interest in as many different genres as possible, just so that you're more of an all-rounder. It makes you seem a little more interesting :)

Also, why is this in the sex section? Mind if I move it over to &Rock and roll?
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Also, why is this in the sex section? Mind if I move it over to &Rock and roll?

Well, I figured it has more to do with personality than with music, and it's also the forum I frequent most often.

But yeah, move ahead.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    No it doesn't you fool.

I bet you one of those damn kids that

listened to marylin manson,had no friends at school.

Was fat and ugly, smell like cheese, and wanted to shoot

your school.

Music is for enjoyment, quit letting something so easy

run your life dip shit./
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    There have been studies that show that the brain responds to music differently from other sounds.

Although I'd think of the OP's point in a different way. Rather than the music affecting who you are, it's more who you are that chooses what music you listen to. So instead of being careful with what music you listen to, embrace it.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    Agent 008 wrote: »
    Well, I figured it has more to do with personality than with music, and it's also the forum I frequent most often.

But yeah, move ahead.

Moved to Headshrinkers.
  • uofmcamarouofmcamaro Regular
    edited February 2011
    Have there been studys on stuff like this?

Like Rap music for example. It is, for the most part, pretty violent and geared toward the african american community....which, for the most part, has a high crime rate.

Just sayin
    edited February 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Although I'd think of the OP's point in a different way. Rather than the music affecting who you are, it's more who you are that chooses what music you listen to. So instead of being careful with what music you listen to, embrace it.

Well, you still have a choice.

I know that sometimes I feel like listening to one song or the other; and then after listening to one, it leads me to other such choices and so on. In the end, one may lead me to feeling one way, and the other another way.

Yes, I normally pick the kind of music I feel like listening at the time, but I also tend to pick a piece to set/amplify the mood I want.