I love lucid dreaming.

edited March 2011 in Life
Here's a little ramble which I just felt like writing.

It's incredible. It allows you to do whatever you want, explore the depths of your mind and walk around in a seemingly real environment without any costs or implications. I really recommend it to people who haven't tried it before, although it does take a lot of practice, patience and understanding. You have to understand what a lucid dream actually IS before you are able to initiate one under your own will, but once you've learned about them then it's just fantastic. Personally, I'm still on the learning path but I find it quite a natural process and it's certainly a lot of fun to be able to do whatever you want.

You need to trigger a lucid dream by doing reality checks, noticing certain things in a dream (such as odd looking text, your hands look abnormal etc) or inducing the lucidity through methods such as WILD - Wake Induced Lucid Dream.

Things to note when lucid dreaming...

Rubbing your hands together or spinning round will increase the duration of your lucid dream.
It's important to relax and not get too excited when lucid as it can cause you to wake up.

Comments

• JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    i get about 2-3 lucid dreams a week. its awesome fun. i love it! thanks for the tips.
  • edited January 2011
    I get lucid dreams once in a blue moon but i've never been able to trigger one. You should make a full How-To on how to get into a lucid dream under your own will.

I will do man, for sure. It's something which I love doing, and I feel as though I could talk about it for hours on end. I'll give a shot at writing something about it.
  • edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    i get about 2-3 lucid dreams a week. its awesome fun. i love it! thanks for the tips.

You seem to be going on an all-out bullshit spree. It takes incredible practice and ability to be able to lucid dream so often. You may become lucid, but are you able to sustain it without the dream 'breaking' (waking up)?

Lucid dreaming is the ultimate form of meditation, and the ultimate form of entertainment. I won't bother writing any kind of guide here as there are dozens of brilliant ones all over the web. It will take a hell of a lot of time, work and patience, but it's worth it a million times over :thumbsup:
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    You seem to be going on an all-out bullshit spree. It takes incredible practice and ability to be able to lucid dream so often. You may become lucid, but are you able to sustain it without the dream 'breaking' (waking up)?

Lucid dreaming is the ultimate form of meditation, and the ultimate form of entertainment. I won't bother writing any kind of guide here as there are dozens of brilliant ones all over the web. It will take a hell of a lot of time, work and patience, but it's worth it a million times over :thumbsup:

Ok why do you people doubt me? honestly? i have no reason to lie to you guys. its pointless. and yes iv spent alot of time on meditation practices of many kinds. and by doing what i have i have learned how to "lucid" dream.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    Lucid Dreaming seems so cool. I've never had one though. Can't wait till I have one.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011
    I had a lucid dream this morning. Normally it's a welcome occurrence but this time it scared the shit out of me because I couldn't wake up.
  • edited January 2011
    Hopefully I'll be able to increase my ability to lucid dream so that I can have them way more frequently. Some guy who was researching them was actually able to have 4 lucid dreams per night, which is pretty amazing. He learned this over the course of three years.

I'm not THAT dedicated, but I'd still like to give something similar a shot.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Hopefully I'll be able to increase my ability to lucid dream so that I can have them way more frequently. Some guy who was researching them was actually able to have 4 lucid dreams per night, which is pretty amazing. He learned this over the course of three years.

I'm not THAT dedicated, but I'd still like to give something similar a shot.

I tried to learn how to lucid dream over the summer. It ended up ruining the whole dreaming thing for me because now whenever I realize I'm dreaming, 9 times out of 10 I wake up.
  • edited January 2011
    I tried to learn how to lucid dream over the summer. It ended up ruining the whole dreaming thing for me because now whenever I realize I'm dreaming, 9 times out of 10 I wake up.

Sounds like you might need to learn how to control it a little better. This comes with practice, but you can spin around in your dream or rub your hands together to make sure you stay asleep for longer. If you actually don't WANT to be lucid when you're dreaming, you can stop that too by doing something which you don't believe you should be doing. Convince yourself that you're not dreaming and you'll soon lose the lucidity.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I can't lucid dream for shit. I just forget to breathe, jump up and panic.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited January 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    I can't lucid dream for shit. I just forget to breathe, jump up and panic.

hahaha... this
  • edited January 2011
    At which point do you forget to breathe? It shouldn't be a problem as you breathe IRL and you don't have to even think about it in a dream.
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited January 2011
    i get about 2-3 lucid dreams a week.
    Hopefully I'll be able to increase my ability to lucid dream so that I can have them way more frequently. Some guy who was researching them was actually able to have 4 lucid dreams per night, which is pretty amazing.

While I can't say that I have experienced lucid dreaming as consistently within a week, I do recall occasions during which I had several lucid dreams back to back.

It was as if they were all linked together, separated by me waking up to a slight degree over the course of a morning. There have been occasions using this approach during which I have returned to the same dream, continuing the same story after waking and falling, as well as experiencing multiple, individual dreams each time that I fall back to sleep.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Dunno why but I just tried Lucid dreaming and got some freaky as fuck imagery. Last big shroom trip I saw Clown faces and eyes everywhere. I'm scared to go to sleep or be in a dark room now :(
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited February 2011
    i had 1 last night. it was awsome. it was The yellow submarine theemed. i was chillin with the beatles smoking bud and just partying in general. then i waalked on water like Jesus. it was fun.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    I've never gotten that shit.

Fuck all of you.

I'm good with my semi-realistic dreams.
  • edited February 2011
    i had 1 last night. it was awsome. it was The yellow submarine theemed. i was chillin with the beatles smoking bud and just partying in general. then i waalked on water like Jesus. it was fun.

Fancy posting that shit into my dream journal thread? It would make a nice contribution :)
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited February 2011
    Fancy posting that shit into my dream journal thread? It would make a nice contribution :)

:confused: your dream journal? how would it be your dream journal if others are posting there dreams into it?
  • edited February 2011
    :confused: your dream journal? how would it be your dream journal if others are posting there dreams into it?

:facepalm: It's MY thread, not specifically my dream journal. Anyone is welcome to post their dreams in there.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011

He called your dream shit.

You're gonna take that pussy ass jesta?
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited February 2011
    :facepalm: It's MY thread, not specifically my dream journal. Anyone is welcome to post their dreams in there.

just pointing out a flaw in the title thats all. it should be "The Dream Journal" <
    that doesnt specify it to any one person race or group. yours inplies its your personal dream journal. and no if im gona post my dreams it would have to be in "The Dream Journal". change the name.
  • edited February 2011
    just pointing out a flaw in the title thats all. it should be "The Dream Journal" <
    that doesnt specify it to any one person race or group. yours inplies its your personal dream journal. and no if im gona post my dreams it would have to be in "The Dream Journal". change the name.

It's already called "The TOTSE Dream Journal" - I think that's pretty self explanatory. It's not claiming it as mine in any way, and I have clearly stated in the OP that the thread is for anyone to post in.

Also, I refuse to continue this discussion.
  • zanickzanick Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Not everyone has a difficult time with lucid dreaming. Some individuals can do it naturally even. I wish I could, but unfortunately, I can only initiate them once every couple weeks at this point.