edited March 2011 in Life

Comments

• uofmcamarouofmcamaro Regular
    edited March 2011
    Medium is the way to go.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    RARE.

You know how many fucking free desserts I've got lately because the damn cooks can't tell the difference between rare and fucking medium.

I should print this and pass it to the waiters and cooks everywhere I eat.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    I always order medium. Good combo of juice, tenderness, and mouth feel.
  • uofmcamarouofmcamaro Regular
    edited March 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    RARE.

You know how many fucking free desserts I've got lately because the damn cooks can't tell the difference between rare and fucking medium.

I should print this and pass it to the waiters and cooks everywhere I eat.

Same for medium and well.

I think, if you are with others, they cook yours to your desired temp but it sits in a window with a light on it waiting on your party's meals to get done thus cooking a bit more.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited March 2011
    Your picture is fail, medium is cooked more than medium well.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Medium Rare or it is burnt or raw.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited March 2011
    Medium rare, cooked enough to not still be mooing, or bah-hing (like a sheep)or barking.
    edited March 2011
    Barking sheep?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011

I really hope this is just a bad troll attempt.
    edited March 2011
    Barking sheep?

:facepalm: no, that's not what i meant...the bark was separate from the sheep
    edited March 2011
    How do you separate the bark from a sheep? Is it similar to this?
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited March 2011
    I like mine medium,but on a side note how many steak houses do they have in Pakistan anyway?
    How often do people in Pakistan eat steak?What do they eat it with and how much does it cost.DFG we need answers.
    edited March 2011
    How do you separate the bark from a sheep? Is it similar to this?

funny, but no I was implying that I ate dog, which I have but I don't. I failed at funny just now
    edited March 2011
    OK, I'll stop now.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited March 2011

really? Get your eyes checked man.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited March 2011
    "Well done."
    edited March 2011

Either you are indicating that the posted image depicts medium as being more cooked than medium well, which it clearly does not.

steakdoneness.jpg

Or you are indicating that you believe medium is supposed to be cooked more than medium well, which it clearly is not.

I think he is serious. :facepalm:
    really? Get your eyes checked man.

No offense, but check your facts.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    I think he is serious. :facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I'm sad, what a retard
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited March 2011
    medium rare, thank you. i don't want to chew on steaks all day. this is perfect for me. cows taste good, man.
  • ijustfartedijustfarted New Arrival
    edited March 2011
    I have been eating steaks well done, my entire life, because of my mother. She always ordered them well done but after I was given a medium steak to try the other day, I will never go back to anything else. Medium is my absolute favorite.
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited March 2011
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Grinch wrote: »
    finger-test-1.jpg
    finger-test-2.jpg
    finger-test-5.jpg
    finger-test-4.jpg
    finger-test-3.jpg

THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING! Now I can see how that would be confusing, and why they always fuck up my order.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited March 2011
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    Depends where I am eating - if I know its going to be good meat (pasture raised only), blue. If it is anything other, rare.

When I am stocking the freezer and buy a chain of fillet, tatare is the way.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    There should be a "done" after "medium well" and "well done" should be borderline burnt.

At least according to every restaurant I've ever been too.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    Might as well add a "So burnt you'll get cancer tomorrow" :o
  • edited March 2011
    I wish I could have had that visual guide on the menu at every place I cooked a lot of steaks. The most common complaint I got as a cook was that a medium rare was undercooked. Tons of people who order their steaks medium rare actually want medium, but a lot of cooks tend to overcook their steaks and if you order a medium rare you stand a pretty good chance of getting it medium, so the confusion is understandable. The second most common complaint was that a medium well was still a little pink, which it should be.

A lot of people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to steaks as well, if you want a good steak, chances are you are going to have to pay a higher than average price for it. Don't expect a steak that you pay $10 for at a pub to be the same quality as a steakhouse steak. An 8oz New York should run you at least $20, an 8oz sirloin at least $15 and an 8oz fillet at least $25 A lot of suppliers now sell totally cheap ass pre cut steaks that have been treated to increase moisture content, this looks great to an owner, but sucks balls for the cooks and customers.

There are a few people who like to order their steaks Chicago or Pittsburgh style, meaning that the outside has been charred. I really like a Pittsburgh "black and blue" steak, but I would never order it outside a decent steakhouse. If you order these at a bar or a regular restaurant chances are you will not get what you want.

I like my steaks seared in a screaming hot pan then done in the oven for a few minutes to warm the middle.

C/O
    "Gimmie fuel gimmie fire, gimme that which I desire"; Metallica
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    I wish I could have had that visual guide on the menu at every place I cooked a lot of steaks. The most common complaint I got as a cook was that a medium rare was undercooked. Tons of people who order their steaks medium rare actually want medium, but a lot of cooks tend to overcook their steaks and if you order a medium rare you stand a pretty good chance of getting it medium, so the confusion is understandable. The second most common complaint was that a medium well was still a little pink, which it should be.

A lot of people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to steaks as well, if you want a good steak, chances are you are going to have to pay a higher than average price for it. Don't expect a steak that you pay $10 for at a pub to be the same quality as a steakhouse steak. An 8oz New York should run you at least $20, an 8oz sirloin at least $15 and an 8oz fillet at least $25 A lot of suppliers now sell totally cheap ass pre cut steaks that have been treated to increase moisture content, this looks great to an owner, but sucks balls for the cooks and customers.

There are a few people who like to order their steaks Chicago or Pittsburgh style, meaning that the outside has been charred. I really like a Pittsburgh "black and blue" steak, but I would never order it outside a decent steakhouse. If you order these at a bar or a regular restaurant chances are you will not get what you want.

I like my steaks seared in a screaming hot pan then done in the oven for a few minutes to warm the middle.

C/O
    "Gimmie fuel gimmie fire, gimme that which I desire"; Metallica

C/O

Black and blue, fuck I have to try that, it sounds awesome.

Also who the fuck only eats an 8oz steak? That's like 4 bites. I can't do anything under 16oz.
  • edited March 2011
    Black and blue, fuck I have to try that, it sounds awesome.

Also who the fuck only eats an 8oz steak? That's like 4 bites. I can't do anything under 16oz.

16oz, thats a lotta beef, and hard to get with cuts like New York or Fillet, a good 16oz porterhouse(my favorite cut, but hard to find these days) is awesome, and a T bone also has the girth to make a good 16oz steak.

C/O
    "I want beef, NOW!"
  • edited March 2011
    Medium rare for me! Unless the place seems low-quality, then medium.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
  • busxbusx Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    I like medium and medium-rare. I find that at cheaper places the chefs tend to overcook the steaks, so i'll order a medium-rare and either get medium-rare or medium (if they overcook it). If it's a good place i'll order medium because I put faith in the chefs.