Mods are fucking clueless

PacinoPacino Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=11755

why is that STILL in SG and not moving pictures?

all you fuckers ever do is move threads to HB

have some fucking sense

also - the thread has been derailed like fuck, it should actually have been locked, or moved to humanities

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited March 2011
    not that i gave a shit where the thread was, im just trying to point out some of these mods are as useless as trolls
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    But the real question is are they as useless as you?
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited March 2011
    But the real question is are they as useless as you?

theres no need to feel offended, sit the fuck back down
    edited March 2011
    Fuck your demands.
  • edited March 2011
    Pacino wrote: »
    all you fuckers ever do is move threads to HB

Unsurprising, given what a valuable forum some of them seem to think it is, but be patient as Dfg isn't exactly spoilt for choice when it comes to promoting worthwhile mods. Having said that he hasn't done himself too many favours with his policy of emphasizing the promotion of forums' major posters; character is more important in the long run.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2011
    Unsurprising, given what a valuable forum some of them seem to think it is, but be patient as Dfg isn't exactly spoilt for choice when it comes to promoting worthwhile mods. Having said that he hasn't done himself too many favours with his policy of emphasizing the promotion of forums' major posters; character is more important in the long run.

Still mad over hb post counts I see?:rolleyes:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011

Well aren't you a great judge of character :facepalm:
  • edited March 2011
    *shrugs*

Good luck with the website Dfg, because you're going to need it.

Goodbye.
  • edited March 2011
    theres no need to feel offended, sit the fuck back down

I don't need to feel offended to tell you you're a...... hmmm, gotta think for a bit, smeghead?, nah' too colloquial, lesseee.... Right Stupid Cunt, hmmm, the capital letters really work for it, but no. Frothy mouthed, beans on toast eating, degenerate son of a French cockwhore................Good, but not quite good enough.... I must put my hands up to the ruling gods of insult and ask for a divine manifestation of their power.......

You, Pacino, are a kitten raping, semi retarded sub human, who spends his days rodgering himself with an assortment of garden vegetables and sucking the farts from dead goats. If you had one ounce of decency in your pathetic corrupt and blackened soul, you would rip your own tongue out, cut off your fingers, wrap them up in the greasy newspaper left over from your haddock and chips and shove the entire package up your ass. Thus sparing us from your incessant dweebling shit. Peckerhead.

C/O
    "nah, really, it's all good, you do what you do, I do what I do, nobody needs reasons"
  • edited March 2011
    *shrugs*

Goodbye.

Fuck you too.
    edited March 2011
    *shrugs*

Goodbye.
    Fuck you too.

TBH C/O he is a good member and I am sorry to see him leave.
  • edited March 2011
    TBH C/O he is a good member and I am sorry to see him leave.

Sorry, I was in rant mode, but you must admit it's silly to make "I'm outta here" posts over trivial shit, everyone here gets butthurt once in a while.
    edited March 2011
    True enough but Slave is probably at his wits end with a lot of the kiddy drama after the all that has gone down over the last 2 years +. I know I am...
    edited March 2011
    I really gotta hand it to you for hanging in as long as you did, Slave of the Beast. You are a true Totsean... true to its spirit to the very end. Nothing like these wannabe kids running around like utter tits and disgracing everything Totse ever stood for. All the best to you and yours, my friend. Fun times... fun times. ;)

Hi Spectral
  • edited March 2011
    Sorry, I was in rant mode, but you must admit it's silly to make "I'm outta here" posts over trivial shit, everyone here gets butthurt once in a while.

Fine, I'll give you a one off free-of-charge explanation then I'm done, although maybe I'll pop back in in 6 months if I'm feeling particularly masochistic.

It appears 'trivial' because you're all so wrapped up in building of a new community that you have failed to scrutinize where the path you're taking will lead you, i.e. can't-see-the-wood-for-the-trees syndrome. This is the reason TDD is near-dead and Zoklet is shit; the management were incapable of listening either because they were blindly pursuing a vision or too obsessed with their own egos[1] and didn't want to listen. They both promoted staff who followed their flawed visions; Meta employed two pseudo-Nazis who crushed the userbase with grossly excessive moderation and Zok employs sycophants who run the place like their personal playground (thereby acting as an extension to his own ego).

And, as with Zok, all shit rolls downhill; Dfg has chosen to select his mod team primarily on the basis of how prolific they are, presumabily because he is so prolific, foresaking any prior experience or knowledge as part of his 'clean slate' policy. The consequence of this is a mod team some of whom will respond with immature, ignorant and downright stupid repsonses to points they don't like the sound of, rather than engaging with what is said on any rational basis. Hence I get 'lol u mad / :facepalm: / fuck you' replies from adults, although from his tone I suspect MayBerry is a stroppy know-it-all teenager. In short the idea is the promotion of quality content, but minus the interaction and moderative attitude required to encourage it. Oh, how very different from Zoklet... and they built up the userbase, or at least tried to maintain it, via HB - this was another of Zok's contested ideas.

What a great fucking idea it turned out to be, eh? Would have thought promoting a very large forum packed with asinine crap (or 'wit and humour', as Euda calls it) would have encouraged the entire site to continue running into a shithole, full of dumbass kids.

I doubt any of you are going to like hearing any of this, but TDR is right, I'm too old and tired of this nonsense to waste my energy anymore.

So go ahead and enjoy your trivia.

1) The first time I stepped down as a Zoklet mod was a few weeks after the collapse of Totse. When prompted by Deus I gave a long list of reasons where Zok was (or had) failing and a dozen or so ex-Totse mods queued up and agreed with every single point(!). Fast forward two months when most of my predictions had come true, including recommending demodding Kinkou before a massive clusterfuck ensued, Zok's response was... "I'm disappointed in SotB". Brilliant. Just brilliant.
    edited March 2011
    There is a lot of truth in this post^
  • edited March 2011
    The content of totse.info is user driven, whatever the users want to see, discuss, and explore is going to be the site, for better or for worse. Why not work with what we have, instead of bitching about what we don't?

Totse.com is so dead and buried the flies have left forwarding addresses and are circling zoklet waiting to lay eggs. Adapt or die.

C/O
    edited March 2011
    Does that mean we should drive veterans away?
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    Of course not, they have to realize this is a new site though, and if totse.info is to follow in every footstep of the original totse, it'll be taken down when hellish or dfg have had enough just as the first one was.

Take what worked from the old totse, and create something better here.

I believe keeping the moderation to a minimum is a necessity, let posters speak their mind without fear of censorship.
    edited March 2011
    Does that mean we should drive veterans away?

I'd prefer not to drive anyone away but I could care less if there a totse "veteran" or not.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    And, as with Zok, all shit rolls downhill; Dfg has chosen to select his mod team primarily on the basis of how prolific they are, presumabily because he is so prolific, foresaking any prior experience or knowledge as part of his 'clean slate' policy. The consequence of this is a mod team some of whom will respond with immature, ignorant and downright stupid repsonses to points they don't like the sound of, rather than engaging with what is said on any rational basis. Hence I get 'lol u mad / :facepalm: / fuck you' replies from adults, although from his tone I suspect MayBerry is a stroppy know-it-all teenager.

I'm stroppy? Seems you were the one who got easily offended. I made a clear point that had a 'lol you mad' added to it for the lighthearted feel that I put into every post. You then took it upon yourself to call me immature in almost every other post you made.

I'm stroppy? lol no u :o
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    Looks around

Quick! We're losing the people!

Load the JailBait!

25s.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    ^ Seconded dude, JB FTW!

But in all seriousness - Totse rules. I love this place, and I wouldn't be able to join another forum without getting banned for saying the same sort of shit I do here. I love the freedom here. You can speak your mind without worrying about the consequences. As for mods being clueless - I don't think I'm doing my job incorrectly but please let me know if I am as I'm up for changing my ways. Then again, I might just not listen.

Anyway, totse ftw.
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    ^ Seconded dude, JB FTW!

But in all seriousness - Totse rules. I love this place, and I wouldn't be able to join another forum without getting banned for saying the same sort of shit I do here. I love the freedom here. You can speak your mind without worrying about the consequences. As for mods being clueless - I don't think I'm doing my job incorrectly but please let me know if I am as I'm up for changing my ways. Then again, I might just not listen.

Anyway, totse ftw.

Actually I'm pretty clueless:o
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited March 2011
    Freedom of speech=no rules

no rules=shitty posts

Nature of the beast.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited March 2011
    You're a fine Totsean, trx100, but save the bullshit and rhetoric. We all know -SpectraL and DaGuru were banned just because some spineless posers and wannabes didn't like what they had to say, so don't go blowing a lot of smoke around about how free everybody's speech is here. You can't have it both ways... you're either a supporter of censure or you're not, and right now all you are is another supporter of censure. Period. That's why this place will FAIL.

I wish Spectral wouldn't make himself so obvious with his false dichotomy and constant misspelling of the word 'censor.' Seriously, how does someone manage that.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    LMS wrote: »

no rules=shitty posts

Nature of the beast.

Yes and No. It CAN be the nature of the beast if you let it dilute that far, but Freedom of Speech doesn't mean you automatically are granted immunity and free reign on whatever you like. Otherwise America would be an anarchy heaven. There is a difference between freedom of expression/speech vs facing the consequences for being a complete dumbass. For instance calling a officer of the law a PIG to his face. You have the right to say it but you have the right to face the consequences for your actions as well. It's a little different on the Internet of course, but the same general philosophy still applies. 4chan is the anarchy that everyone wants to avoid like the plague, even though that place moderates as if the Gestapo runs the shit. I know, I was banned for life after making one thread lol.
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited March 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    There is a difference between freedom of expression/speech vs facing the consequences for being a complete dumbass.

Too bad there are no consequences for being a complete unoriginal and unfunny dumb ass.
    edited March 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    Yes and No. It CAN be the nature of the beast if you let it dilute that far, but Freedom of Speech doesn't mean you automatically are granted immunity and free reign on whatever you like. Otherwise America would be an anarchy heaven. There is a difference between freedom of expression/speech vs facing the consequences for being a complete dumbass. For instance calling a officer of the law a PIG to his face. You have the right to say it but you have the right to face the consequences for your actions as well. It's a little different on the Internet of course, but the same general philosophy still applies. 4chan is the anarchy that everyone wants to avoid like the plague, even though that place moderates as if the Gestapo runs the shit. I know, I was banned for life after making one thread lol.

Seriously? That must have been some thread!
    edited March 2011
    Seriously? That must have been some thread!

4chan bans at will and for arbitrary reasons. I've been banned there for a while now.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Fine, I'll give you a one off free-of-charge explanation then I'm done, although maybe I'll pop back in in 6 months if I'm feeling particularly masochistic.

It appears 'trivial' because you're all so wrapped up in building of a new community that you have failed to scrutinize where the path you're taking will lead you, i.e. can't-see-the-wood-for-the-trees syndrome. This is the reason TDD is near-dead and Zoklet is shit; the management were incapable of listening either because they were blindly pursuing a vision or too obsessed with their own egos[1] and didn't want to listen. They both promoted staff who followed their flawed visions; Meta employed two pseudo-Nazis who crushed the userbase with grossly excessive moderation and Zok employs sycophants who run the place like their personal playground (thereby acting as an extension to his own ego).

And, as with Zok, all shit rolls downhill; Dfg has chosen to select his mod team primarily on the basis of how prolific they are, presumabily because he is so prolific, foresaking any prior experience or knowledge as part of his 'clean slate' policy. The consequence of this is a mod team some of whom will respond with immature, ignorant and downright stupid repsonses to points they don't like the sound of, rather than engaging with what is said on any rational basis. Hence I get 'lol u mad / :facepalm: / fuck you' replies from adults, although from his tone I suspect MayBerry is a stroppy know-it-all teenager. In short the idea is the promotion of quality content, but minus the interaction and moderative attitude required to encourage it. Oh, how very different from Zoklet... and they built up the userbase, or at least tried to maintain it, via HB - this was another of Zok's contested ideas.

What a great fucking idea it turned out to be, eh? Would have thought promoting a very large forum packed with asinine crap (or 'wit and humour', as Euda calls it) would have encouraged the entire site to continue running into a shithole, full of dumbass kids.

I doubt any of you are going to like hearing any of this, but TDR is right, I'm too old and tired of this nonsense to waste my energy anymore.

So go ahead and enjoy your trivia.

1) The first time I stepped down as a Zoklet mod was a few weeks after the collapse of Totse. When prompted by Deus I gave a long list of reasons where Zok was (or had) failing and a dozen or so ex-Totse mods queued up and agreed with every single point(!). Fast forward two months when most of my predictions had come true, including recommending demodding Kinkou before a massive clusterfuck ensued, Zok's response was... "I'm disappointed in SotB". Brilliant. Just brilliant.

I do agree on some points slave. As for the experienced mods, I am always looking for some if I can find them. Most of totse doesn't have section mods at this point, it's because I have to delay and wait for something better to pop up. If I see a poster who is a music producer and has some great talents and can handle the stress I would ask him out.

Not everyone will respond in a controlled manner, some users might try to pull your leg over the old totse thing. Not everyone here is from totse.com or zoklet.net. So, you will have to deal with different ideals. Totse isn't something special for them.

I k.ow you're tired of this but things take time. It's hard to find users who're willing and contribute, the only thing we can do is keep on working and just wait for it to happen.

Also, having a rank on totse.info doesn't mean anything. The people you see in charge are basically posters like you and me. They're responsible for certain things and honestly I don't stop or limit them from saying whatever they like. I can't tell them to respond to your posts with long replies, I can guide them but in the end it's up to them.

Just take a break and have fun. If you want to bitch about Mayberry or anyone you want, just make a thread and have fun with them. No one going to bother you :).
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited March 2011
    It appears 'trivial' because you're all so wrapped up in building of a new community that you have failed to scrutinize where the path you're taking will lead you,

Dfg has chosen to select his mod team primarily on the basis of how prolific they are, presumabily because he is so prolific, foresaking any prior experience or knowledge as part of his 'clean slate' policy. The consequence of this is a mod team some of whom will respond with immature, ignorant and downright stupid repsonses to points they don't like the sound of, rather than engaging with what is said on any rational basis.

In short the idea is the promotion of quality content, but minus the interaction and moderative attitude required to encourage it.

What a great fucking idea it turned out to be, eh? Would have thought promoting a very large forum packed with asinine crap (or 'wit and humour', would have encouraged the entire site to continue running into a shithole, full of dumbass kids.

SotB, I feel as though the above post encompasses much of what is felt by others, or at least myself.

It has progressively become apparent that the activity on this forum has become rather stagnant and is indeed an imitation of what once was. It could be due to the fact that upon my original discovery of &T was in the years of my youth, and merely caught at the right time, although I do not feel that said explanation concludes all aspects of the current state of affairs on totse.info.

I have stated prior that I originally felt a certain amount of potential existing for this forum, although despite many practices being put into place, the utilization thereof has primarily gone to waste.

At the beginning of your post, you mention (or from which I projected) an overly weighted sense of attaining new members and the contribution of new content, while the effort of the current contributors have not expressed a genuine attitude in comparison to the reproduction of a disposition once produced by the original totse, with which I can only agree.

Ultimately, we must accept that Totse's time has passed, and we must move on from trying to recapture the past. It has been stated by others, as well as myself that this is indeed not totse, and that those here are to make a mark of their own. Although I currently feel as though this forum does not posses the potentially naive fascination once attained by &T, which I am not sure can be replicated.

This being said, I will not deny that much effort has gone into the site, and would like to tell those that their contributions have not gone unnoticed, although I cannot help but shake the feeling that such intentions are being forced in an insufficient grasp at what may be beyond reach.
    LMS wrote: »

no rules=shitty posts

Nature of the beast.

Despite not completely agreeing with the lack of rules directly leading to posts of lower quality, I am unable to deny the higher possibility of such. I am currently reading through Einstein's "The World as I see it"

Your statement reminds me of a quote which I found sadly ironic.
    ..."the development of machinery means that less and less work is needed from the individual for the satisfaction of the community's needs. A planned division of labor is becoming more and more of a crying necessity, and this division will lead to the material security of the individual. This security and the spare time and energy which the individual will have at his command can be made to further his development."

In reference to your quoted post, I take primarily, that there may exist the means through which to reach the ends desired, although, hardly is the capability at hand utilized to its fullest extent in comparison to the production of banal and forced conversation.

It was once argued that despite educational institutions being seemingly equal on the tangible level, in reference to the facilities and staff available, it was ultimately matters of an intangible sense that define a proper education.
    have some fucking sense

also - the thread has been derailed like fuck, it should actually have been locked, or moved to humanities

To get back to the intentions of the OP, while some mods may exhibit immature handling of particular circumstances, I do not want the genuine effort of some to go unnoticed.

Although if the mods were truly on the top of their game, this thread would have been moved to the trashcan long ago.