Holy SHIT - Slow ass internet

So I just popped over to my friend's house to chill out and I brought my laptop along so I could get on totse and IRC. I decided I would quickly update my Backtrack Linux distro, so I fired up the terminal and entered the commands... Now I'm downloading at a HORRIFIC speed, and I can't even load half the pages on Totse without an insane lag! :facepalm:

I hate when people have shitty internet connections :(

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Take your foot off of the wireless connection.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    I have dsl and it blows.
  • edited March 2011
    The bad thing is, I can't actually leave this place until this update has finished downloading :facepalm:
  • KraneKrane Regular
    edited March 2011
    I feel your pain lol, if I want to use the internet outside my house my 3G modem only gets a GPRS signal (rural area), it downloads at 8 kb/s max. :(
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    That's not something to complain about. Mail used to take months to get from one end of the continent to the other.
  • edited March 2011
    I should have considered USB tethering with my Android device - I could have gotten much better speeds this way!
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited March 2011
    I've been getting 1.5 megabytes per second dling on this connection. Be jealous! Don't worry though, I'll let you borrow a couple hundred kb/s.
  • Turd_SmasherTurd_Smasher Regular
    edited March 2011
    Get a white or yellow modem next time. They work alot faster than the black ones.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited March 2011
    Meh, I'm trying to download a movie at my local internet cafe at the moment. Course there are six other people doing similar things so I feel you on the speed issue :(
  • ThrillavanillaThrillavanilla Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Yeah having slow internet sucks, but just imagine what your friend has to go through on a daily basis haha. You get what you pay for I guess