Community Vote: Super Serious Discussions

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    You really think that ignoring it will solve the problem and I get that. But what you don't get is that didn't work for Neville Chamberlain and it does not work on forums either. Hell, don't you think that the people who wrote VB have been around the BB scene long enough to know that there must be a method of removing these types of members. If simply ignoring them worked that is what every forum from A-Z would do. But time has proven (over the last 2 decades) that this is not the answer. If it were the folks at VB would not have bothered to code and infraction system into their software.

Think before you speak skunk....

Godwin alert
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited March 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    No, I'm referring to the temp bans. lrn2readingcomprehension

My reading comprehension is fine, thanks; I know what you're referring to. That doesn't change the fact that making a comparison between people acting like asses after a ban expires and an addict trying to quit is totally absurd. Either restrict them to HB or ban them permanently.

I realize this isn't the old totse and isn't really meant to be, but while SG has always been a little retarded, it used to generate actual discussion. Intentionally derailing threads and the verbal equivalent of flinging your shit around belongs (as it always has) in HB.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Godwin alert

If the best you can do is to try to ridicule my points with tripe from Mike Godwin you may as well hang it up kid, your days around here are looking to be are numbered if you don't pull your head out of Habenar0's ass.
    edited March 2011
    indulgence wrote: »

i realize this isn't the old totse and isn't really meant to be, but while sg has always been a little retarded, it used to generate actual discussion. intentionally derailing threads and the verbal equivalent of flinging your shit around belongs (as it always has) in hb.

qft
  • edited March 2011
    If the best you can do is to try to ridicule my points with tripe from Mike Godwin you may as well hang it up kid, your days around here are looking to be are numbered if you don't pull your head out of Habenar0's ass.

But yesterday you said my head was up Ke$ha's ass? Does that mean Ke$ha is Habaner0?
    edited March 2011
    But yesterday you said my head was up Ke$ha's ass? Does that mean Ke$ha is Habaner0?

No, it means you like Habenar0 to dress up like Kesha while you rim him.
  • edited March 2011
    No, it means you like Habenar0 to dress up like Kesha while you rim him.

The fact you respond every time is infinitely more pathetic than my shitposting.
    edited March 2011
    The fact you respond every time is infinitely more pathetic than my shitposting.

So you finally admit your posting is pathetic, thanks for that at least.
  • edited March 2011
    So you finally admit your posting is pathetic, thanks for that at least.

You know what they call a fish that takes the bait every time?
    Dinner.
    edited March 2011
    You know what they call a fish that takes the bait every time?
    Dinner.

So tell us, how does the hook taste?
  • edited March 2011
    So tell us, how does the hook taste?

Like your mother's shredded pussy, dear.
    edited March 2011
    Like your mother's shredded pussy, dear.

That bad huh? Then why do you keep biting on it?
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited March 2011
    This endless back-and-forth makes you both look like sadsack losers. Go outside or something.
  • edited March 2011
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited March 2011
    That bad huh? Then why do you keep biting on it?

Pardon me, but were you engaging in incestuous relations with your mother?

PS:

edited March 2011
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    Pardon me, but were you engaging in incestuous relations with your mother?

Jealous?
  • edited March 2011
    Jealous?
    Jeez, even Dfg chooses camels from outside his gene pool.
    edited March 2011
    Jeez, even Dfg chooses camels from outside his gene pool.

I see you are jealous too.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited March 2011
    I voted yes (off course, I've suggested just this a couple times). Something needs to be done about continuous spamming and derailing threads in the serious forums.

However, I've changed my mind about permabanning people. I don't like it. Bitch about Fatty all you like, he contributes major lulz somtimes and he posts other decent stuff to Totse - for example, I kinda like Ke$ha now. If he thinks cooling off for a few days is worth the lulz of a good troll, let him have that fun.

Dammit, I'm actually defending Fatty now.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited March 2011
    I agree and have always said we shouldn't permaban fatty. Mayberry has good ideas ITT.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited March 2011
    Is there a way to make the users who voted visible, so that it could be verified that the votes were made by real accounts?
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    You have to select that option when the poll is created, but the admins can check the control panel to see who voted.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    Also, I'll just leave this here: https://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=9220

Irrelevant.
    edited March 2011
    Irrelevant.

No, this is the exact same issue that was brought up before. You made the complete opposite argument you're making in this thread.
  • edited March 2011
    Also, I'll just leave this here: https://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=9220

fsNoP.jpg
    He was a positive guy
    edited March 2011
    No, this is the exact same issue that was brought up before. You made the complete opposite argument you're making in this thread.

Wake up and smell the coffee Mayberry. Look at how and what I was posting back then. Sometimes you can't convince people they are wrong with words you have to do it with actions.

When I first started posting here I was testing the waters to see if this was just going to be a smaller version of Zoklet. It is not, the admins are involved and actually give a shit what the community thinks. If you are so naive that you actually believe that this will be the first site in the history of the internet to prosper by allowing people do post whatever they want wherever they want without restriction you have a lot to learn about people and there base nature.

This site is no different than any other social group of human beings. Just like a small village IRL if those who do not respect others and their efforts to improve the community are permitted to shit all over the community at will the community will soon become a fly covered pile of shit that nobody wants to live in.

Wake up FFS.
  • edited March 2011
    slurp slurp slurp

don't stop till you suck the camel herpes off
    edited March 2011
    Wake up and smell the coffee Mayberry. Look at how and what I was posting back then. Sometimes you can't convince people they are wrong with words you have to do it with actions.

When I first started posting here I was testing the waters to see if this was just going to be a smaller version of Zoklet. It is not, the admins are involved and actually give a shit what the community thinks. If you are so naive that you actually believe that this will be the first site in the history of the internet to prosper by allowing people do post whatever they want wherever they want without restriction you have a lot to learn about people and there base nature.

This site is no different than any other social group of human beings. Just like a small village IRL if those who do not respect others and their efforts to improve the community are permitted to shit all over the community at will the community will soon become a fly covered pile of shit that nobody wants to live in.

Wake up FFS.

Great excuse to cover up your tracks. Goes a long way for your credibility.

This place is not the final frontier on the internet, everybody knows that. But when there are people like you posting hypocritcal statements, that is the shit that covers this pile that nobody wants to live in.

Smell the ashes FFS.
    edited March 2011
    Great excuse to cover up your tracks. Goes a long way for your credibility.

This place is not the final frontier on the internet, everybody knows that. But when there are people like you posting hypocritcal statements, that is the shit that covers this pile that nobody wants to live in.

Smell the ashes FFS.

No ashes to smell buddy. I know what i did and why I did it. If you search me posting history you will see other places where I mentioned the above statements. For that matter I really have never given much a shit about what you have thought anyhow. The shit that covers this place is from idiots who are in a position of community leadership that support people who shit all over the forums.

If you don't understand that statement let me spell it out for you. I am talking about you.
    edited March 2011
    No ashes to smell buddy. I know what i did and why I did it. If you search me posting history you will see other places where I mentioned the above statements. For that matter I really have never given much a shit about what you have thought anyhow. The shit that covers this place is from idiots who are in a position of community leadership that support people who shit all over the forums.

If you don't understand that statement let me spell it out for you. I am talking about you.

Of course, but I have never given much a shit about what you have thought anyhow. I know what I do and why I do it.

You see how stupid that sounds? Fact is, you did the very thing being addressed in this thread and broke up parts of the community in doing so. Those are the ashes. No matter how you try to explain it away, there will never be a proper explanation other than you fucked up. However, you're obviously senile and will never admit your mistakes. Yes, it's in the past and over with, but with the issues brought up in this thread, it becomes relevant again. Now, I know you won't care about anything I've said, so I'll just leave it at that.
  • LMSLMS Regular
    edited March 2011
    Who is the owner of the site? Hellish? Whomever it is, needs to stop farting around and come up with some guidelines of what they want this site to be. Stop trying to please everyone, as that will never happen. Make rules. Make no rules. Either way, be clear, and stick to the course.

You say that you don't want this site to be like Zoklet, then why is the owner not active making decisions, while mods are?
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited March 2011
    We're an absentee dictatorship disguised as a democracy. That's how the original Totse worked, the community runs the site until Hellish decides to step in and then if he makes a rule we follow it.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    rider alerts (3)
    how to ride (Espanol)
    bus schedules
    system map
    personal trip planner
    expressly for commuters
    park & ride / transit centers
    downtown streetcars
    bike & ride
    bus rapid transit
    buying a home?
    late night service
    code of conduct

message you have Please lengthen your

penis 8 inches before insertion
    edited March 2011
    TDR, how long were you around the original TOTSE? I remember SG being a slightly more coherent version of HB.

I think there should probably be the possibility of infraction for posting stupid junk in the serious forums, but leave the general ones alone.

Reasoning: Even flagrant dumbassery can generate conversation, and we need all the activity we can get. We don't, however, need said dumbassery polluting the other forums where we want ACCURATE information.

Rather than retype it I hope you don't mind if I just refer you to this post.
  • edited March 2011
    lawl, TDR was born in 95.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    AFAICare its always been up to the discretion of the Moderator whose forum they are finding problems with. If actions are unjust there are always Global Moderators/Admins to step in as a third party to weigh their opinion in on the matter. Thus far I haven't heard any complaints disputing any actions taken personally. That's where I stand. I said from the beginning to make a standard for your forum and do what you must to shape it toward the rules you place forth, some still haven't created guidelines or other forum leaders have since joined/left so I'll say it again. There should be a sticky thread for every forum moderated clearly outlining the intentions you plan to set forth and any incoming or replacement Moderator should add/edit that thread as they see fit.

Other than that I just jerk my dick and lurk, waiting...stalking...
  • edited March 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    Other than that I just jerk my dick

pix nao
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    pix nao

You really don't want to see that. Small pen0r, hairy pen0r, unshaved everything...it gets messy
    edited March 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    You really don't want to see that. Small pen0r, hairy pen0r, unshaved everything...it gets messy

I know exactly what you mean :o