Genuinely Worried About my Jokes...

I have the tendency to say the most inappropriate things at the worst possible times. I always pop jokes out which I find fucking hilarious, but everyone else finds disturbing or offensive (except one of my friends from college, who's just as bad). For example, me and the girlfriend were watching a program on TV last night about people who race their cars on the road and injure/kill people. There was a girl on there who had her pelvis shattered, so I blurted out with "PFFT MY BAD", which didn't go down too well.

My vocabulary also contains many ethnically "offensive" words, and I'm always calling people niggers and chongers. I only hang out with white people so it's not so bad, but I'm going to a party tonight with a Chink and I'm genuinely worried I'll make some kind of joke and offend someone :facepalm:

Wat do?

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Welcome to my world, brah. I was cracking Japan jokes at 10am today and the only person who found it funny was the /b/tard I woke up next to :)
  • edited March 2011
    Hahaha. I posted a few up on Facebook and got a few replies from the people I'd expect to find it funny. What's up people's asses these days anyway? No one finds jokes funny, even if they are funny. And we all know that the funniest jokes are ones which take the piss out of someone else :)
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited March 2011
    Let those fuckers know WHERE DA HOOD AT!!!!

kkk_hood.jpg
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    If you cannot control what you say, you are retarded. If you think the things you say will offend people and care, you are a whining nancy liberal.

Add it all up and you are a retarded, whining nancy liberal.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    If you cannot control what you say, you are retarded. If you think the things you say will offend people and care, you are a whining nancy liberal.

Add it all up and you are a retarded, whining nancy liberal.

This. Learn to differentiate between people you can tell offensive things to and people who you can't. It should come naturally. You shouldn't even be feeling like you're holding back when you aren't making offensive jokes. Comes with experience + personality.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

My vocabulary also contains many ethnically "offensive" words, and I'm always calling people niggers and chongers. I only hang out with white people so it's not so bad, but I'm going to a party tonight with a Chink and I'm genuinely worried I'll make some kind of joke and offend someone :facepalm:

Wat do?

Pull your eyes back with some double sided tape to give yourself that asian appearance. If you let an asian joke slip out, it should be all good. After all! It is socially acceptable to lol at ones own culture.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Fuck em' if they can't take a joke.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited March 2011
    it's not funny enough, or they wouldn't care. work on your delivery.
  • busxbusx Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Everyone has a different sense of humour, different boundaries, etc. It's all about figuring out who you can say what kind of shit to. Trial and error is certainly one way to go about it...