Finally, it's nearly skateboarding time again.

It happens every single year since I can remember. There comes a certain time in the year where the weather starts picking up, it gets warmer during the day and the nights stay brighter for longer. It's the time of year where I often find myself starting to get out and do shit, which makes a massive change from sitting in my room posting on forums (oh wait). It's a great time to start skateboarding again too. Throughout the winter months, I rarely take the board out and I haven't really touched it at all this winter. I don't have the money to go to the indoor skatepark and it's been too wet/cold to go anywhere around here. Thankfully, we've got a skatepark a few minutes down the street which will be my playground in a couple weeks time :D

Looking forward to cracking the board out once again, as it's been sitting downstairs gathering dust for a few months. It's fairly unskated too :D I bought the deck last summer, and only skated it for a few weeks before the weather got shitty. Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Comments

• PacinoPacino Regular
    edited March 2011
    i didnt even know people still stakeboard in the UK lolol wut
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    trx is a fucking brit?
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited March 2011
    Ohh shit:eek:, trx your from the UK!!!
    My amazement is now over.
    I haven't skateboarded in about 2 years, I was always pretty meh at it anyway.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Box wrote: »
    trx is a fucking brit?

34514b5b4b8f83919.gif
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    fucking disgusting.

im ashamed of ever replying to him.

chav shit
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited March 2011
    fucking disgusting.

im ashamed of ever replying to him.

chav shit

skateboarding chav?

do you even know what a chav is you fucking moron? :facepalm:
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    Pacino wrote: »
    skateboarding chav?

do you even know what a chav is you fucking moron? :facepalm:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chav
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited March 2011

just pointing this out, chavs DO NOT skateboard
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    just pointing this out, chavs DO NOT skateboard

words from a chav?
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited March 2011
    words from a chav?

words from a yank?

fucking americans :facepalm:

id kill myself if i lived there
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011

Haha, aww look at the poor non-Brit basing his assumptions on a publically editable website!

No. Trx is certainly not chav material. If he were then that would make every other Brit here a Chav, and considering they can barely use a computer...
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Haha, aww look at the poor non-Brit basing his assumptions on a publically editable website!

No. Trx is certainly not chav material. If he were then that would make every other Brit here a Chav, and considering they can barely use a computer...

UD is a VERY reputable source mister.

and yumad chav?
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited March 2011
    Where in the UK is trx from? I want to read his posts in the appropriate accent.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    Indulgence wrote: »
    Where in the UK is trx from? I want to read his posts in the appropriate accent.

see indulgence didn't know either
    edited March 2011
    Yeah I always pictured him as like, I don't know. Some skinny kid from Texas or something. British guys suck because they're either attractive with an obnoxious accent or ugly with a hot accent.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    lol trx getting owned for being a brit

hey at least he's not a god damn paki faggot :mad:
  • edited March 2011
    I just bought a skateboard. Last time I skated was 2001 or 2002. I just had an urge to start again. We'll see how it goes. I'm 6'1" and I'm overweight. Probably won't go well for the first few months.

Also, I had no idea trx was from across the pond either and I thought of him as "some skinny kid from Texas or something" as well. Revelations.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited March 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    34514b5b4b8f83919.gif

Does anyone know were this image originates from?
  • edited March 2011
    Well this thread didn't exactly take off in the way I was originally hoping :facepalm: Oh well, at least you had your fun. Skateboarding FTW, and there's no way I'm a chav. To be honest, I'd pretty much forgotten that they exist anymore after attending a college which kicked them all out at the start of the year. A few of them did hang out at the skatepark and start breaking shit, but they soon got chased away by some angry skaters.
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Well this thread didn't exactly take off in the way I was originally hoping :facepalm: Oh well, at least you had your fun. Skateboarding FTW, and there's no way I'm a chav. To be honest, I'd pretty much forgotten that they exist anymore after attending a college which kicked them all out at the start of the year. A few of them did hang out at the skatepark and start breaking shit, but they soon got chased away by some angry skaters.

Sorry trx. <3 Tell us where in the UK you're from.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    words from a yank?

fucking americans :facepalm:

id kill myself if i lived there

Promise? I'll buy you a house here if you promise.
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited March 2011
    people still skateboard?
  • edited March 2011
    people still skateboard?

The OP still lives in the 1980's with his Mum and Dad and pet hamster
  • edited March 2011
    Does anyone know were this image originates from?

The internet
  • edited March 2011
    Indulgence wrote: »
    Sorry trx. <3 Tell us where in the UK you're from.

Nope, never. Wasn't even intending for my general location to slip but I guess it's too late for that. I really enjoy being the guy who no one really knows much about. You think you might know me, but do you really?

Besides, I might not even live in the UK ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Nope, never. Wasn't even intending for my general location to slip but I guess it's too late for that. I really enjoy being the guy who no one really knows much about. You think you might know me, but do you really?

Bollocks, I met you in a gay bar in Soho once
    edited March 2011

Fine. Be that way.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    Obvious ugly brit with gay accent is obvious
  • PhilosoraptorPhilosoraptor Regular
    edited March 2011
    Shiiiit I used to skateboard for 6 years, but then I got high
    edited March 2011
    I was going to try to skateboard, but then i got high
  • edited March 2011
    I was going to try to skateboard, but then i got hit up my arse and I screamed WHOA ! MORE

You got what ?
  • edited March 2011
    Shiiiit I used to skateboard for 6 years, but then I got high

Heh, it's funny you should say that. I used to skate with this guy who was fucking incredible at skateboarding. He was a complete natural, and picked it up in literally seconds. Hell, he even went as far as getting a skatepark put into his massive garden, and was always entering competitions (which he'd easily win). Then he started taking drugs and getting high all the time. We'd be at a skatepark for about 5 minutes before he'd be asking everyone for drugs.

"Where's the weed?"
    "Where's the K?"

His skateboarding performance decreased gradually, he got lazy and started not being a skater any more - he was merely hanging around people just because he wanted drug contacts. He eventually pissed everyone off with his obsession with finding drugs (I know drugs are cool, but it got to a point where he didn't give a shit about his friends and just wanted to get high), lost all his friends, has no job, didn't finish school, and has basically wasted his whole life by being a retard.

Moral of the story is - take drugs and skate responsibly. There should be a balance, and don't fucking ditch your friends for some nigger-ass crack dealer with one eye.
  • edited March 2011
    Heh, it's funny you should say that. I used to skate with this guy who was fucking incredible at skateboarding. He was a complete natural, and picked it up in literally seconds. Hell, he even went as far as getting a skatepark put into his massive garden, and was always entering competitions (which he'd easily win). Then he started taking drugs and getting high all the time. We'd be at a skatepark for about 5 minutes before he'd be asking everyone for drugs.

"Where's the weed?"
    "Where's the K?"

His skateboarding performance decreased gradually, he got lazy and started not being a skater any more - he was merely hanging around people just because he wanted drug contacts. He eventually pissed everyone off with his obsession with finding drugs (I know drugs are cool, but it got to a point where he didn't give a shit about his friends and just wanted to get high), lost all his friends, has no job, didn't finish school, and has basically wasted his whole life by being a retard.

Moral of the story is - take drugs and skate responsibly. There should be a balance, and don't fucking ditch your friends for some nigger-ass crack dealer with one eye.

The problem is he was asking for K. You don't do anything physical and be looking for horse tranquilizers at the same time. Most people I know who skate smoke weed and they seem to be decent enough. I don't know one person who skates and also does ketamine. I know people from both groups though.

Also, drugs aren't cool.

On topic - I can't wait for my board and parts to get here so I can set it up. I'd like to see how long it takes for me to get my ride back after 10 years of sitting behind a desk.
  • edited March 2011
    There were a whole load of other skaters who got high a lot, but they didn't let it get in the way of their friends and their skating. This guy thought he was super fly by getting high all the time, and skating around like a complete idiot. I've skated with some amazing skaters who smoked a shit load of weed, but they balance it all out.

There was one guy who I met at a skatepark, who we called "Old School Man". He smoked a fuck load of weed everyday - was in his 40's I think. He was possibly the coolest skater I've ever met. He was so chilled with life, had no problems with anyone. No discriminating, no ripping new skaters, no nothing. He just used to cruise around on his highly modified fish-board doing the most amazing old-school tricks I'd ever seen. He was the next Rodney Mullen or something, I swear :D
    edited March 2011
    You got what ?

Whoa,

your sick just like

igetrapedbybearswiththerehands
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Bollocks, I met you in a gay bar in Soho once

So you admit you are a fag who hangs out in gay bars?
  • edited March 2011
    So you admit you are a fag who hangs out in gay bars?

No, I was gagging for something long and warm to swallow and it was the first place I saw