Games which you play for a month non-stop, and then leave...

Does anyone else have the trouble of picking up a game and playing it non-stop for about a month, then getting bored and doing something else? I've got this problem with Team Fortress 2, among other titles which I can't really remember. I'll play it every day of the week for hours on end, until I just can't be bothered to play it any more. I'll get involved with some other activity (usually Totse) and occasionally think about playing TF2, but never actually get around to it. It's almost like playing has become a chore to do :(

But thankfully, this hasn't happened again yet with TF2 as I only started playing it again the other day :D Give it a couple of weeks though, and I'll hate it once again!

Comments

• BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    Mafia Wars. I dumped 2 months or so on that game, leveling up, looting and clan warring against other mafias. The game then expanded and got popular, they added shit levels like Chinatown and some other crap; it totally made the gameplay shit. Same happened with L4D2. I played it for a whole straight month and accumulated about 300 hours on xfire; that's a shitton of time. Only about 100 people are online at a given time so every match was repetitive. The same team over and over again. Not to mention they were scrubs and would shoot at propane tanks right in front of you. :facepalm:
  • theGeneraltheGeneral Regular
    edited March 2011
    Age of Empires 3 on ESO.
  • edited March 2011
    This takes me right back to the days of the old 2d Runescape :facepalm: I'd sit there for hours training up my little man, gathering gold and moving some shitty looking pixels around the screen using my 56K Dialup connection... And then one day, I just stopped playing and started doing something else. Something better, and more enjoyable.

Unlike TF2, I never came back to RS though :D
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited March 2011
    Every once in awhile, I like to spend 2 hours (approx :o) doing all the free quests in RS except the Dragon Quest :o:o:o
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited March 2011
    When I actually had time to play video games I was obsessed with Killing Floor. I have an absolutely embarrassing amount of time logged into that game, but now I'm just bored of it. Great game and awesome developers, but it's just...the same thing every time. BC2 consumed me a while ago as well but most of the time pubbies are completely fucking retarded to the point where it's not even worth playing. If your team isn't retarded, they're usually on some Vent/Mumble server which I never join due to "is ur PC in the kitchen lolol" jokes. Shit gets old.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited March 2011
    If you guys played Ragnarok Online before...I joined a private server.

I started as a nobody, worked SUPER HARD, and then I became the most popular High Wizard on the server. I created a guild, started with only me, and built my team and eventually took over all the bosses(I wrote down the time of death so no one would know when it died), so all the TOP Gear was only going to my guild.

I defended castles from rival teams like NO TOMORROW. 30-40 people would come at us..but we were only 6 and FULLY GEARED. We had a strategy and EVERYTHING...

Me, the Wizard, was in charge of the pre-cast (The team's first defense). I basically spammed high mana spells in front of the entrance. The majority of people that came inside the room DIED INSTANTLY:angry: because I was hella gear'd.:p

The rest were wiped out from our second defensive line: sniper(picked people off) paladin(soaked up all the punishment/healed the team) the bard(who would be a good buffer, and phys attacker) and lastly the sorcerer who was my mana bitch:p and was good at killing one person at a time. Saved my ASS a bunch of times...because if someone got past the second line, i would instantly be dead...but sorcerers..they know how to counter those people. sorcerers are fundamental in any team.

For those that SOMEHOW snuck past our defenses, our final defense, the cloaked assassin, was waiting at the final gate..ready to take someone out in one hit.

We were UNDEFEATED and got all the items in the game!! then one day..decided it was enough, I gave my account to one of the leaders in the guild and he expanded the guild. He is probably still playing today.

so yeah. SICK of RO. LOL was a great game, but man..so much effort was put into that lol.:o
  • edited April 2011
    bunghola wrote: »
    I played morrowind none stop for a year or two, man when I first started playing that game it was soo cool.

Fuck I loved Morrowind, I never actually finished it, but I played the hell out of that game. I found every red and green candle in the game and decorated Balmoral for Christmas, set up houses everywhere, made decorated picnic spots, etc. The best part of the game was how every change you made was permanent. I put it down for a few years, but I have been learning to use the construction set recently, should be fun.

But most of my video game experiences go exactly like the OP. I get a new game, play it every day until I get bored or frustrated, then lay it down. Civ 3 and 4, AOE 2, Diablo, a big list.

Some exceptions were, Fallout 3, the Infinity engine Series, and Starcraft.

C/O
    "Ich bin eine wastelander"