Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Holy shit mang, it ate your memory.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Not really, I opened tons of JB pictures in FF. I wasn't using Fastest Fox add-on since it was disabled by FF4.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    I had 154 youtube videos playing and an auto refresh script refreshing a thread.

And fastest fox works on FF4
  • edited March 2011
    My Firefox process is currently using about 200MB of RAM, which I suppose isn't too bad. After all, I've seen MUCH worse from one of the Firefox releases, which pretty much raped the fuck out of everyone's memory. They released a patch the very next day though, which was very nice of them! I'm loving FF4 to be honest - it's fast and responsive, looks great, and all my addons work! And with 4GB of RAM, I'm not complaining about the mere 200MB which it's taking up right now.

Overall, I don't say fuck you to FF! :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    type

about:memory
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    We wouldn't have such a big fucking problem if everyone would run a damn x64 operating system so software can all be developed on the 64 bit platform. Memory issues and 16-32GB DDR sticks would be plentiful.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited March 2011
    Chrome is superior but I can't be bothered to switch.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    We wouldn't have such a big fucking problem if everyone would run a damn x64 operating system so software can all be developed on the 64 bit platform. Memory issues and 16-32GB DDR sticks would be plentiful.

^This,

It would be awesome if Firefox was 64bit enabled. I currently have 4GB of RAM [Downgraded from 6GB due to memory errors FML] and I don't mind if some application takes 2+GB but I don't expect that from a fucking browser with half the Add-ons disabled already.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    LSA King wrote: »

^This,

It would be awesome if Firefox was 64bit enabled. I currently have 4GB of RAM [Downgraded from 6GB due to memory errors FML] and I don't mind if some application takes 2+GB but I don't expect that from a fucking browser with half the Add-ons disabled already.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    ^This,

64 bit Firefox has been available for quite some time.

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-central/
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    64 bit Firefox has been available for quite some time.

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-central/

It's not fully 64 bit though, no browser out there was built from the ground up as 64 bit but merely with added 64 bit instructions in the code really to only add support for a 32 bit program on a 64 bit operating system. It takes absolutely no advantage of the 64 bit architecture, nor is it even remotely close to a true 64 bit software.

You really have to look into software that says x64 because what most are REALLY meaning is "this software is meant to run on 64 bit operating systems but was developed for 32 bit ones". Cross platform compatibility if you wan to be high speed when telling people.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    dfg why do you have two explorer.exe processes open at once?
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011

You mean 5?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Box wrote: »
    You mean 5?

Dunno

yjU7Y.gif
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    Box wrote: »
    You mean 5?

Erm yes, 5.

<<blind