Lazarus, An Add-on YOU MUST USE!

DfgDfg Admin
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
g4SB8.jpg

Let me get this straight. I talked about this golden Add-on back in 2010 and now I am going to talk about it again. Today, I got an update for Lazarus which makes it compatible with FF4 and also makes it much faster and better. So, I e-mailed them because the development team resides in New Zealand.
Hi James,

Thanks for the kind thoughts. And I totally understand that not everyone is in a position to donate. If you can't then we generally ask people to tell lots of other people about Lazarus, but it looks like your already doing that.

So thanks for all the wonderful press.
Best of luck,
Karl

On 25/03/2011 06:16, James Aragorn wrote:
> I was looking forward to the new version, I wish I could donate
> something to this project but I can't since I live in Pakistan but I
> tend to advertise your name whenever possible. I hope everything works
> out for you guys.
>
> Love
> Dfg

--
Karl Dearden

I didn't lie about the money issue and I did advertise about them on Totse.info. So, I am going to advertise about them again but I think it's mandatory for anyone using Totse.info to have this add-on installed. Basically it lets you keep everything you TYPE on forums saved in a local database which can be accessed any time from Firefox, plus you get instant form/thread/post recovery options. I have been using this product for over a year now and I love it. It's stable and reliable and highly recommended.
What's new in Lazarus 2.1.1?
  • It's now fully compatible with Firefox 4!
  • We changed the encryption algorithms to use heavily optimised javascript, meaning Lazarus will work on all operating systems that Firefox works on, rather than just the big three.
  • We added an option to detect and replace credit card numbers, thus increasing your privacy.
  • To improve performance, we set it up to clean the database once per day after 5 minutes of inactivity
  • Lazarus now shows a "saving form" icon badge in the statusbar whenever a form is saved.
  • Set the default form expiry time to 4 weeks, again for performance reasons.
  • Put in a CSS fix to remove forms textbox and dropdown
  • Removed all the background threaded code (Firefox 4 really doesn't seem to like it)
  • Removed some unused legacy code.

Download

I am telling you guys, this Add-on is a rare gem.

EDIT: NZ not JP

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I had the addon installed right up until the other day when I downloaded the new Firefox. I agree, the addon was brilliant and it saved my ass a few times when I wanted to restore something which I had previously written. The only problem I had with it (which was also why I don't have the addon any more) is that it saved things which I didn't want it to save, such as usernames and email addresses. I know this isn't much of a problem, but in the event that someone was to look through the addon's database, they would come across Totse, my username, email addresses and all of those incriminating posts which I may have made ;)

It's a privacy thing for me, I suppose. Otherwise, I loved it!
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    Suck more dick Dfg.

First japs now...japs again?

fuck donating.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    Is there a way to clear the cache?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Is there a way to clear the cache?

Go to the options and just clear the database or remove empty records.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    Would be nice if Opera had something similar.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Go to the options and just clear the database or remove empty records.

Cool, I'm a bit weary of my privacy like trx, not that I always do all I can to protect myself.

This sounds like a keylogger that you control, there must be a way to gain access to the logs which worries me.

I would also probably not be very good about clearing the cache frequently...

I definitely see the potential use for this sort of program, I don't think its for me though. Thanks for sharing regardless.

Oh, and by the way, an upcoming release of vbulletin will feature ckeditor which has autosave functionality for posting :).
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    why you worried about key logger, hommie?

What are you typing that you dont want

others to seE?
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't think the world needs to know how often I masturbate.
  • edited March 2011
    I don't think the world needs to know how often I masturbate.

No it's common knowledge ( 8 times a day, 10 on Sundays )
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    rookie^^^
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Been using this for years. Great add on! Everyone needs it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Everything is stored in an encrypted Database. It's not uploaded anywhere else and each DB is unique. Unless someone takes physical control of your system, you're pretty much safe.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    Basically it lets you keep everything you TYPE on forums saved in a local database which can be accessed any time from Firefox

Firefox does not crash so much for me. If I get a page jump, I go back and my shit I typed is there. No major problems.

trx100 wrote: »
    The only problem I had with it (which was also why I don't have the addon any more) is that it saved things which I didn't want it to save, such as usernames and email addresses.

Sounds like I would have to turn it on and off depending on what I am doing.

This sounds like a keylogger that you control, there must be a way to gain access to the logs which worries me.

Sounds like it would be a hot target for someone to send a worm into
    Unless someone takes physical control of your system, you're pretty much safe.

5% of interneters use adequate protection. For the most part, some here have their heads screwed on, but would you recomend something that could potentially fuck over 19 out of 20 people?

Sure, its their fault, they should not be so dumb, but you are opening the door to the burglar on this one...