Help me out guise

BoxBox Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I'm moving to some shithole in South America by the end of this year.

Any ideas on how to exploit their naivety and possibly setup a somewhat successful business?

I have a friend who went to Ecuador and setup a PC repair station. He says that a PC takes approximately a day and a half to reformat and setup due to the shit download speeds ~40 kb/s. A reformat is 80 bucks around here and he charges 20 there. That's so fucking low.

I was also thinking about setting up some T-shirt printing business? People go crazy over "American" designs; ugly shit like gigantic eagles and motobikes and other. T-shirts with designs sell for $25 and thats a shitton of money for a shirt. That's like $90 for a shirt here. Just gotta sell at least 4 shirts per day and you're set. But the printing/stamping machine is about 5k and the inks don't ship out of the U.S. Maybe other brands do.

Any ideas?

Comments

• skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    What makes you think people in Ecuador have $25 to spend on novelty t-shirts?
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011

I have friends that live there and tell me. I've also been visiting Ecuadorian shopping sites and have seen several of these priced over $25.

People over there are wayyy different from here. They might be piss-poor and in debt, but they'll manage to shed some bucks on an "awesome" shirt or party.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011

What makes you think anyone would take his proposition srsly other than... well. lets no go there.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    Sell soccer balls. I herd those equis doris love that

soccer shit.
  • brandonbrandon Regular
    edited March 2011
    my frind says that vans in germiny costs hundrids of euros but i found out he wus just trying 2 brag that he was in germiny and it wasnt trew at all :o
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    brandon wrote: »
    my frind says that vans in germiny costs hundrids of euros but i found out he wus just trying 2 brag that he was in germiny and it wasnt trew at all :o

OMG brandon ur bak. i reely miss u. ur my idoll
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    You are gonna get killed and then raped in South America. Please don't write home about it though.
  • edited March 2011
    I think you should franchise your idea out, there must be thousands of people willing to fork out mega bucks to get into this great idea, me included, call it T Shirts R Equadorus

PM and I will send you cash ASAP