Drug success stories.

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited May 2011 in Man Cave
We all know the Social perception of drugs, well, minus alcohol and tobacco.
Many people think substances such as Cannabis, Psychedelics and whatever else make you retarded, lose brain cells and a complete failure.

Well if that is the case, then every presentation I have given at University has just shit on those theories. From my first year up until now I have given about 6 presentations (the results and reviews are at home) but I have maticulously planned them and practiced them whilst on psychedelic drugs, be it mushrooms or cannabis. For some reason the feeling of thinking outside the box comes to me and I can visualise the entire concept and result of my presentation/work so much clearer and coherently.

So if drugs fuck you up, then why do I get 70%+, which is more than almost everyone in my class, and is considered a "First", the top grade you can get?
I realise some drug users just use drugs for a crutch. They need life to be more interesting and/or have an addiction. That said, there are some people out there such as myself and I assume many others, who use them to better themselves and Society.
Share your drug success stories.

More:
http://www.cracked.com/article_16532_the-5-greatest-things-ever-accomplished-while-high.html

Comments

• PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited March 2011
    I can create and write music far better.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    My thoughts are clearer and i learn better while im baked
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited March 2011
    Im the exact opposite. I have to do and buy drugs in small amounts and keep it to the weekend. I can't be that social stoner thats baked 24/7 7 days a week. It just doesnt work for me. I don't have the self control to keep it in check. To each his own. I wish I was one of those guys that could smoke and party 24/7 and still get top grades but thats not me.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm a social cacoon on weed. I get more concetrated but stupid. Today I went to work high (I meant to only get a nice buzz for an hour but got stoned out of my mind by accident) and quite of few people asked me if I was okay (sober) because I couldn't remember where anything wa and kept mumbling words. My point is, drugs can help but not the majority are helped, just the select few ones who have a great reaction to them.
  • zanickzanick Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    On LSD I am a social wallflower. It's odd because I'm normally quite withdrawn, even on amphetamines. But acid really brings me out of my shell, in a purely drug-induced way, it makes me charming to those around me. There is no situation I can't diffuse, such as when a friend is in need of kind words or a parent needs help with a chore, because I'm up to the challenge, and I have a much more pleasant demeanor while doing it.

A third plateau DXM trip revealed to me one night all of my darkest wishes. Everything someone could ever want to hide from their conscious state of being came to surface and I was forces to acknowledge it all. I saw things from my childhood; things I could remember suppressing. I realized all of these things I had thought, all the things I had wanted, the things I had done and where it all went wrong. My eyes were forced open, and I haven't been able to shut them ever since.

I once had a can of espresso after ~80 hours of sleep deprivation. The caffeine hit me, and although couldn't stay awake at this point the coffee kept me from sleeping, so I sat down to meditate. I believe I reached ego death that morning, or at least I came as close, if not closer than I have with any psychedelic. But I think it has a lot to do with the sleep deprivation and the meditation as well.
  • PNDstonedPNDstoned Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    I can create and write music far better.
    this
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    When I am taking any sort of opiate I find I am much more creative, a lot more interesting ideas come floating through my brain.
  • NIKOLASNIKOLAS New Arrival
    edited May 2011
    Personally I have never taken drugs of any kind, so I can't actually have an opinion if drugs fit me or not. However, scientifically speaking......ask a scientist...lol.