edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities

this is where i was this saturday !! March for the alternative

Comments

• blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited March 2011
    did u Molotov everything?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    Ironically, most of the young people causing the damage on Saturday probably do not work so they haven't got jobs for to cut in the first place.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    kidgo wrote: »

this is where i was this saturday !! March for the alternative

The alternative? Would that be the UK government borrowing even more money, meaning the payback takes decades longer just so it can spend it on lazy, feckless and stupid public sector workers, pay kids to take exams (which they should want to do themselves for self betterment) and get a degree in derp which is really just a pointless waste of three or four years?

Shall we celebrate this with a diversity party?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Right, here's my input. Take it from a member of quite a few radical Left groups who has become very, very disillusioned.
    I wrote a blog post about it all, but fuck giving out right now.

Firstly, the fact Ed Milliband was addressing the crowds sickened me to my very core. Why someone didn't shoot him I don't know.
    Secondly, these people marching "for the alternative", I have yet to see a proposal for an alternative made.
    Thirdly, why don't anti-Tories realise it's Labour who helped get us into this mess via their excessive, Lefty spending? Sure, the Tories are the pantomime nasties but still...
    Fourthly, the fact we are part of a global economy means these cuts aren't just affecting us, and aren't just caused by us. It's a domino/ripple effect.
    Fifth, now people have acted like cunts against a Police force that said they would not be as harsh as the G20 or Student Protests, they have made future Protests a lot more difficult as the Home Secretary is looking into passing tougher anti-protest laws which ban any kind of face covering, random bag searches and prolonged kettling.
    Sixth, why attack the Police? Why not win them over and use them against the Government? That way you wouldn't waste your time and energy attacking those who could potentially protect you from an over-intrusive Government.
    Seventh, by taxing the rich more, you are forcing them to emigrate/move money abroad. When they emigrate (move out of England for the simple minded) we don't get taxes from them, which means the lower classes will have to pay up for the difference so you're shooting yourselves in the foot.
    Eigth, if you hate the Government that much, why did you still vote for them? Maybe you didn't but the other questions still remain.
    Ninth, the fact the Left is so disorganised makes me laugh. You think you could topple a Government that has already bought and sold this Nation? Good luck. They stand in the windows and corridoors of Whitehall knowing you are being suppressed by equipment purchased with YOUR tax money! Why the Left don't organise into an effective fighting force as they refuse to be "bossed around by a Fascist" I will never know. Now both your feet have been shot.
    Tenth, stop posing for the cameras. You do realise the media works WITH Police to identify people deemed troublemakers and criminals. Also the idea of turning "Trafalgar into Tahrir Square" tends to conjour up images of massacres by security forces, squalour and a Revolution which will end in another Dictatorship. Bang, there goes your brain. Shot yourself all over.

In short, you were going to fail from the outset and I placed money on it. Thanks to you, I won £50. This is coming from a person who has met Ian Bone a number of times, as well as other leading Anarchist/Left figures.

Edit:-
    blindbat wrote: »
    did u Molotov everything?

Talking of which, this is actually my "riot helmet"
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22075307/..jpg
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited March 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Ninth, the fact the Left is so disorganised makes me laugh. You think you could topple a Government that has already bought and sold this Nation? Good luck. They stand in the windows and corridoors of Whitehall knowing you are being suppressed by equipment purchased with YOUR tax money! Why the Left don't organise into an effective fighting force as they refuse to be "bossed around by a Fascist" I will never know.

Oh, the left have been dishing out that 'overthrow the government' crap to recruit kids, idiots and sadsack from Raggydolls again?

Lawl, they do it every 15 years or so. People get involved because they think they are going to be part of something big but with hindsight feel rather foolish.

You want to talk about a decent turn out for a march? Try the countryside alliance one a few years back - officially more than a million, and I would wager most of those have access to arms.

The left, overthrow Her Majesties Government?

It is not 1974 and their is no industry that could strike and put the country on standstill.

Looks like the left is spilling its lies again.
  • edited March 2011
    WTF is that guy doing at 2:15? :facepalm:
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    the simple fact i was marching for is that

companies in the uk OWE £12billion in unpaid taxes
    public spending cuts were £80 billion......

the alternatives in making the cuts is make the companies pay their taxes......

this is why i was marching that is the alternative....
  • SeitzySeitzy Acolyte
    edited March 2011

based on this, If I lived in UK, i'd agree with you.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    All the government needs to do to fix this riot is to get a couple of gullible, dumbassed arabs. Get one of their ex muslum featured employees to fool them into thinking they will become these great martyrs for allah by driving a bomb rigged van into the crowd. Then the crowd will forget about government issues and rioting, band together as one nation to stamp out terrorism. Fuck me! I should have been a politician...:eek:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011

OK, so lets say you get all 12 billion in unpaid taxes. Where does the other 68 billion come from?
  • edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    WTF is that guy doing at 2:15? :facepalm:

That's a probably a 19 year old middle-class Oxford undergraduate anarchist venting his fury at the fact he could've been smashing the system in Fortnum and Mason (the place where Mummy occasionally 'does retail'), instead of circling around a bank lobby, momentarily confused by the realization that:

1) He has as much chance of doing any serious damage in a locked-down bank as I do of killing a Great White with a water pistol.

2) He looks like an angsty faggot as a result of 1, hence the futile swipe at a few bits of paper which only serves to prove he is an angsty faggot.
    OK, so lets say you get all 12 billion in unpaid taxes. Where does the other 68 billion come from?

Anarkiddies aren't interested in repugnant capitalist economics, they just like smashing things up... and having their clothes washed when they visit their parents in the country on the weekends.