Homefront [FPS]

BoxBox Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
homefront.png
Has anyone played it?

Taken from wiki:
omefront is a first-person shooter video game developed by Kaos Studios and published by THQ, in which players play as members of a resistance movement fighting against a near-future Korean military occupation of the United States. It was released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, OnLive, and Microsoft Windows on March 15, 2011 in North America, March 17, 2011 in Australia, March 18, 2011 in Europe,[5] and April 14, 2011 in Japan.[6][7] Its tagline is: "Home is where the war is."

I gained interested after some Nvidia worker did a demo of the 590 GTX and played Crysis 2 at the highest specs and did the same with this game.

Here's a gameplay/review clip:

Official site: http://www.homefront-game.com/

Comments

• bra1234bra1234 New Arrival
    edited March 2011
    Now that's a bad ass looking game.....
  • Ad NauseamAd Nauseam Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    I took some notice when it was first mentioned in PCZone, but after it started to gain more publicity, it showed itself to be completely generic and I couldn't be bothered to pay attention. I watched a playthrough on youtube and it more or less confirmed my suspicions.

So, yeah, I don't think it looks all that interesting.
  • edited March 2011
    Hmmm... Saw a trailer for this on TV the other day and I didn't really like the look of it. First impressions didn't really have any wow factor, and if the first impression is bad then I probably won't play it. However, if enough people buff it up in this thread then I may have to reconsider ;)
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    I considered getting it for the 360 yesterday but fuck i might just go rent it from the video store for the week instead
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited March 2011
    Ad Nauseam wrote: »
    I took some notice when it was first mentioned in PCZone, but after it started to gain more publicity, it showed itself to be completely generic and I couldn't be bothered to pay attention. I watched a playthrough on youtube and it more or less confirmed my suspicions.

So, yeah, I don't think it looks all that interesting.

Pretty much this. Looks generic and boring as fuck. Also the red screen effect is really obnoxious and exaggerated (moreso than usual). I'm waiting for BF3 as my next FPS purchase, although I might cave and buy Dino D-Day.

Seriously. WWII FPS with playable dinosaurs, one of which has a massive 20mm gun on its back. It is physically impossible to be more awesome than that.
  • edited March 2011
    I considered getting it for the 360 yesterday but fuck i might just go rent it from the video store for the week instead

Yeah, I wouldn't bother buying it. Hell, you might even want to consider renting a game which you really want instead of getting this one :)