Who here has a SHIT LOAD of computer parts

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited May 2011 in Tech & Games
Whether old or new parts, cases, vid or sound cards etc, etc.
I was curious how much puter shit we've all accumulated over time. I think I must have roughly 50 computers lying around for parts only.
What you got?

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    holy fuck, Paper grocery bag of power supplies, Another full of hard drives, monitors, cables to everything and then some. Old thinkpad. Some laptop hard drives, handful of processors, heatsinks, RAM. speakers, mics, headsets.

I don't even want to think about what's out in the shed.

We need to have a &T yard sale.
  • edited March 2011
    I don't have much any more as a lot of it was sold a year ago so I could pay for some shit. I've got... My current desktop computer, my laptop which is running Backtrack, an old Dell computer, and a really old computer by a company I can't actually remember the name of (CSS?). The only ones I use are my desktop and laptop.

In my "computer related shit drawer" I've got a bag full of stuff ranging from graphics/sound cards, to CPU fans and even a little Northbridge fan which I don't use. Then there's SATA cables, additional USB ports and some thermal paste. I dunno, there's a load of stuff in there which I can't even remember.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2011
    Man! I have bags full of assorted cables, shit loads of monitors, speaker systems, keyboards and meeces etc as well. I think it's time for a clean out....yep! :(
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    I don't know how namy but it is way too many. Hell, two years ago, when we bought this house, I threw out a 286 and 3 386's. Yeah, I am a packrat...
  • AD2011AD2011 Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    I have a dual core Pentium laptop, AMD 3200+ Tower and a 1.6Ghz netbook which I use, and my mobile "smart" phone.

Until a few weeks ago I had stacks of keyboards, mice, IDE Cables, about 10 floppy disk drives, 100+ Floppy Disks (including M$ Office on 31 of them) 10 or more CD ROM drives, about a dozen PC towers, half a dozen sets of speakers, power supplies, motherboards, a old phone box full of sticks of RAM ranging from I think 4MB-256, CPU's, a shit load of fans, an old T-5100 Toshiba laptop? ('portable' computer?), 3 other laptops, 3 circa 2001 DELL workstation PCs, 5-7 mobile phones, X2 CD/cassette/radio players, 5 CD/DVD wallets of media, about 3 old paper boxes of PC magazines, about a dozen books on computers, 6 CRT monitors...hmma few PC games, a swag of USB accessories, 3 digital cameras, a digital camcorder...errrm there's more I just can't think of them.

Most of it's been scrapped for metal.

I have a bunch of SD cards, MicroSD cards and USB memory sticks, 250/500/640GIG portable HDD's

I dunno what to do with most of what I do have remaining...I always think of the grand plans I could implement to use them...like security with the cameras...but I never get around to it.

Edit: 2 printers, a scanner, a few assorted switch boxes/controllers...card readers, TV tuner, video cards, network cards, sound cards...
    edited April 2011
    AD2011 wrote: »
    T-5100 Toshiba laptop?

I found an old Toshiba 2520CDT in my collection of shit yesterday. :hai:
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Several VGA cables, a couple of powersupplies, some PS2 keyboards here and there, and a shitton of PCI NICs.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited April 2011
    I have boxes of pentium II and III stuff, processors, power supplies, hard drives, PCI cards, RAM, cables, mice, keyboards, floppy drives and cd drives, programming manuals, users manuals, and a couple cases in storage. I also have Windows 3.1 disks new in package kicking around here somewhere :hai: A couple years ago I got rid of my 5 1/4 floppy drives and my 486 stuff and most of the manuals. Also, I have tons of old Apple II and Macintosh stuff as well. I have a large dresser filled with cables (ADB, several versions of SCSI, shit ton of power cables, localtalk/printer/modem, PhoneNet connectors, LocalTalk couplers etc) several monitors. a couple G3 and G4 Processors, Sonnet upgrade processors and ATA cards, Powerbook Wallstreet parts, lots of software on floppy and CD, manuals, etc along with around 7 systems hooked up and ready to go.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited April 2011
    Letsee...

6 motherboards
    15 pci/isa cards
    5 laptops
    3 machines
    14 hdds
    7 psus
    23 cd drives
    20 floppy drives
    other shit
  • WanstonWanston Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011
    Man! I have bags of shit son other than most monitors, speakers, keyboards, and Meece, etc. also. I think it's time to clean ...
    edited May 2011
    Wanston wrote: »
    Man! I have bags of shit son other than most monitors, speakers, keyboards, and Meece, etc. also. I think it's time to clean ...
    I'm running out of monitors and meeces since I started this thread. Made up 4 puters so far from some of the parts for light linux OSs. I think I'm in need of more. :(
  • WanstonWanston Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011
    I did not sell much more than a year ago, so I can pay for shit. I ... My current desktop, my track new laptop, an old Dell computer, and a very old computer is made ​​by a company that I do not remember the name (CSS). The only ones I had with my desktop and laptop.