ATTN: Dfg, serious questions

buddhabuddha Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Well, Since 99% of us have never been to Pakistan, and don't know shit about it, answer a few questions for us, so we can get to know you and you culture a bit better.

Obviously you live in a larger city, and don't ride a camel everywhere. What is you main mode of transport then? Are there a lot of camels around? How often do you actually see one?

I usually picture places like that having little street markets and crap with wire crates of chickens, and produce, and breads, and things lined up along the street. Is it really like that? or do you have normal grocery stores?

What are the schools like there? What do they teach? How long are you required to attend?

Is it ever scary living there? Like you never know when you'll walk into a Starbucks and a bomb will go off? Do you have Starbucks?

What is your favorite Pakistani food?

Does most of where you live have running water and electric in most of the homes?

Are most of the homes/your home, built to a code? Like insulation in the walls and shit. Or is it like a bunch of shacks and shit?

As a Muslim, are you allowed to drink and smoke?

Anyways, thanks. I'm sure I'll have more questions later.

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    What are some modern amenities that we Americans have but you don't, that you would like to have?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I will try to answer them in the best way possible.

Obviously you live in a larger city, and don't ride a camel everywhere. What is you main mode of transport then? Are there a lot of camels around? How often do you actually see one?
    Camels are a bit rare here. I tend to see them hauling load in different streets but again it's a rare sight. When it comes to transportation I use a Car but I prefer Cycling or walking. I avoid public transport as much as possible.

I usually picture places like that having little street markets and crap with wire crates of chickens, and produce, and breads, and things lined up along the street. Is it really like that? or do you have normal grocery stores?
    Yes it's like that in busy streets but we do have Malls like Metro and CSD. Those shops usually carter to the lower class [referring the the open crates]
    shopstotse.jpg

What are the schools like there? What do they teach? How long are you required to attend?
    We have tons of schools here. From Beacon house to Federal Schools. The main subject include, Math, Physics,Chemistry, English etc But Islamic Studies is complusary.
    The schools start at 8 AM and ends around 2 Pm.

Is it ever scary living there? Like you never know when you'll walk into a Starbucks and a bomb will go off? Do you have Starbucks?
    You get used to it, you don't see many bombs going off in major cities and even they do you just go along with your life. I don't recall hearing about Starbucks here. People drink tea here.

What is your favorite Pakistani food?
    I don't have any :)

Does most of where you live have running water and electric in most of the homes?
    Yes, we do have running water but I don't think it's that clean and when it comes to Electricity it comes and goes and on top of that, it's fucking expensive.

Are most of the homes/your home, built to a code? Like insulation in the walls and shit. Or is it like a bunch of shacks and shit?
    The majority of houses built in Cities are just built without any code. The construction companies uses people with little or no reading powers. So, basically nothing build here can stand up to International standards unless it's build by some Multi-National Company like BP.

As a Muslim, are you allowed to drink and smoke?
    Yes, I was a Muslim few weeks ago but recently I said fuck it. I don't smoke but I am allowed if I want too. Drinking is forbidden and I don't drink anyway. When it comes to it, I might the only sober Totsean :).

Anyways, thanks. I'm sure I'll have more questions later.

Be my guest.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    What are some modern amenities that we Americans have but you don't, that you would like to have?

Freedom of Speech
    Freedom of Religion
    Sex [It's Illegal to fuck in Pakistan]
    Legal Strip Bars/Whore houses
    Beer
    Fast Internet
    Decent Living
    Better Infrastructure
    Decent Food
    White Girls [Blonds. Redheads]
    Horny Teenagers
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Do you have any more pictures of the area you live in? Your house? inside and out.

I'd love to see them.

About the street vendor thing. In America it's kind of the other way around. More organic and locally grown things, from small shops are generally more expensive. Farmer's markets and crap are usually pretty high priced. And they don't take food stamps (welfare/government assistance) so the poor people have to shop at the cheap grocery stores.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Freedom of Speech
    Freedom of Religion
    Sex [It's Illegal to fuck in Pakistan]
    Legal Strip Bars/Whore houses
    Beer
    Fast Internet
    Decent Living
    Better Infrastructure
    Decent Food
    White Girls [Blonds. Redheads]
    Horny Teenagers

Dude that sucks. no life whatsoever

Whats the "fun thing" to do there?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    How is the job market there, and how do you go about getting a job? Like here you walk into a place that's hiring, fill out an application, and wait for them to call you. I picture it kind of like most people make their own jobs or work in some family trade???
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited April 2011

. . . I usually picture places like that having little street markets and crap with wire crates of chickens, and produce, and breads, and things lined up along the street. Is it really like that? or do you have normal grocery stores?
    Yes it's like that in busy streets but we do have Malls like Metro and CSD. Those shops usually carter to the lower class [referring the the open crates]
    shopstotse.jpg
    . . .

lol I kept picturing Aladin. I know thats a different country and all but still.
  • edited April 2011

Join the Taliban, kill Americans.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    ducklips wrote: »
    lol I kept picturing Aladin. I know thats a different country and all but still.

LOL That's exactly what I was thinking.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Do you have any more pictures of the area you live in? Your house? inside and out.

I'd love to see them.

About the street vendor thing. In America it's kind of the other way around. More organic and locally grown things, from small shops are generally more expensive. Farmer's markets and crap are usually pretty high priced. And they don't take food stamps (welfare/government assistance) so the poor people have to shop at the cheap grocery stores.
    I have tons of pictures but I can't post anything remotely near my place. I still live in a shithole and unlike America I can really get killed for posting things on Totse. :)
    Dude that sucks. no life whatsoever

Fun.... well if you have money you can do drugs [bribe people] and do tons of other things, like fuck kids etc.

The only reason things sucks for me because I don't come from a rich fucking family and I limited thanks to the Religion BS. If I was living the higher class I could dive into some refreshing activities but those rich idiots are spoilt anyway.

So, I prefer keeping things real and aiming high. Totse would be the fun thing for me.
    How is the job market there, and how do you go about getting a job? Like here you walk into a place that's hiring, fill out an application, and wait for them to call you. I picture it kind of like most people make their own jobs or work in some family trade???
    You check for the ADs, send CV and wait for the Interview. If you know someone from the Company your chances increase. Contacts play a big role here. Even if you're some Guru some idiot with contacts will get the job. It's quite competive here. Tons of new graduates look for jobs each year or + months. They're mostly lambs with little or no knowledge about the world.

Some go abroad if their familes can pay for it, others just wait for something to happen.

When it comes to me, I prefer making my own destiny. I work for myself and try to find major gabs in the market and exploit them as much as possible.
    Join the Taliban, kill Americans.

That was ages go.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Speaking of, do they still stone people? Like in the streets? Ever seen it happen? Any other forms of public execution?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Speaking of, do they still stone people? Like in the streets? Ever seen it happen? Any other forms of public execution?

They don't do Public execution but the community might go into rage mode and kill you. It doesn't happen in major cities but in villages, who knows.

Go to go, rolling blackout in 5 minutes.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    have you seen a real Mexican there?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    have you seen a real Mexican there?

Nope, but I did see a nigger once. Shit was weird.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited April 2011
    They don't do Public execution but the community might go into rage mode and kill you. It doesn't happen in major cities but in villages, who knows.

Go to go, rolling blackout in 5 minutes.

You see, in the west, people from the cities would go into the villages and when the community looked like it would go into rage mode the city folk would tut and roll up their newspapers and look disaprovingly and it would all be over and done with unless the people from the village decided they want to make a wicker man.

wicker-man-burning.jpg

Your shit is fucked if you get put inside one of these babies when they set it up.

Having said that, rage mode is not so common here.

When it happens, it can go wrong. Look at what happened with this. A doctor hounded out of her home as a bunch of idiots though a pediatrician was the same as a paedophile.

Sometimes, people can be thick as fuck.
  • Chris HansenChris Hansen Regular
    edited April 2011
    This thread actually delivered. Interesting to see what its like to live for a totsean in a non-westernised country.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    You see, in the west, people from the cities would go into the villages and when the community looked like it would go into rage mode the city folk would tut and roll up their newspapers and look disaprovingly and it would all be over and done with unless the people from the village decided they want to make a wicker man.

wicker-man-burning.jpg

Your shit is fucked if you get put inside one of these babies when they set it up.

Having said that, rage mode is not so common here.

When it happens, it can go wrong. Look at what happened with this. A doctor hounded out of her home as a bunch of idiots though a pediatrician was the same as a paedophile.

Sometimes, people can be thick as fuck.

The rage mode here is a bit different. Check this thread that I created way back, http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=4053

The thing is religion is a great tool that can be used against you. I can't even talk about Islam outside of my house and I have to be careful when speaking. I fear if I get drunk I might start raping Islam openly. A girl was taken in custody and later on killed for fucking up Quran. You see you can burn Quran all you want in the west but here even thinking about it might get you axed.

People are fucking idiots here. You just can't do anything about it. It's a miracle I am surviving with a Totsean mindset in Pakistan. I just wish I had a NUKEPKBUTTON WITH ME!
  • DerelictmyballsDerelictmyballs Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Were you born in Pakistan?

What do your family/neighbors think about westerners? Is their an overwhelming aggression toward the United States?

Also, if so, what is the propaganda like over there? It's crazy how badly Western media portrays anything that doesn't involve their agenda, I'd imagine it'd be much similar over there...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Were you born in Pakistan?

Yes, I am 100% native. Never went to USA or any other country except for Saudi Arabia.

What do your family/neighbors think about westerners? Is their an overwhelming aggression toward the United States?
    Well, the view changes according to the social stream. In short, if the News mention US bombing Muslims you will see more hostility from everyone. But the majority just wants to get some living and the only reason people might hate you would because you guys have money.

Plus, the media lies here. You give 10 dollar to a Paki and he will suck your dick off forever.

Also, if so, what is the propaganda like over there? It's crazy how badly Western media portrays anything that doesn't involve their agenda, I'd imagine it'd be much similar over there...

The media here is biased to anyone who is in power. If the Army runs the joint the media will protray it in a better light. However, the media is a bit free here but they tend to not care about anything and just run around in circle and report things which shouldn't be reported.

In short, the media here causes more harm than anyone less.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    When are you coming over here? (Anywhere in the west.)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    When are you coming over here? (Anywhere in the west.)

When I have enough money to move out and I have my IRL project working.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    whats ur project?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    whats ur project?

Can't tell. I have to keep it unlinked from totse as much as possible.
  • edited April 2011
    I thought smoking is haram, but just not enforced the way drinking is?

And do you have any fears as an apostate Muslim in Pakistan, or do you keep it secret, or does nobody really care?

Ohhhh and I'd kinda like to know-- do you have to worry about people watching your internet activity? Or does the ISI not worry about information access type stuff?

Oh and do you smoke any hashish and/or opium? Or do you know anyone who does frequently?

Do women tend to wear hijabs, niqabs, burkas, or do they dress similar to the way most women dress in the west?

EDIT

oops sum of my questions are redundant when i reread the thread... please disregard any o that...

That's alls I got fo now matey..