Collecting Bottles

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I know a lot of people collect their empty bottles of alcohol. I have a small collection now but had a much larger one before moving in with Username. TBH its just a fucking waste of space wherever you have them unless you keep them on a specific shelf/shelves. It is nice to see remind yourself just how much of an alcoholic you're becoming from timebto time though. You can look and say to yourself "Fuck me I need to cut back on the drinking" or "There just aren't enough of those bottles". I currently have:
  • .5 gal Bacardi Superior (clear rum)
  • 5th Hpnotiq
  • 5th Two Fingers Silver Tequila
  • 5th Skyy Vodka
  • pint Boone's Farm Sunshine Pink wine
  • .5 gal Taaka vodka
  • .5 gal Barefoot Shiraz

That list is so very much shorter than it used to be before I move in.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    You should consider getting a Texas mickey or two to really pimp it up. More tequila ftw :D
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    this is and only bottle i will ever keep.

republicanjoballs.jpg

Other than that, bottles are space waister's.
  • TraumTraum Regular
    edited April 2011
    My roommates in Dallas and myself had amassed a collection of over 120 liquor bottles by the time we left that house. We had a huge shrine of sort built with them. Once we began cleaning the house and moving out, we quickly realized what a pain in the ass and waste of time this was.

The only time I really enjoy keeping bottles is if it just so happens to be a really cool looking bottle. In which case I'll drop the inside of a marker into it filled with water and put a blacklight behind it.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited April 2011
    Got rid of a bunch of bottle recently although I do still have a bottle of Tequila that's nice and shiny.

On a side note I use to also take my old wine bottles, pop a taper candle in it and light it lettle the wax cover it. Pretty neat looking especially if one uses different coloured candles.

I gave mine away to a friend but here's a good image of what it looks like.
    bottle-abra.jpg
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited April 2011
    That look cool. Do you do that with other colors?
  • SemSem Regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, we went lazy when making ours and just got some multicoloured candles from a craft store so we didn't have to swap them out.