A thought about forums/IRL.

edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Have you ever noticed that if you are a part of a large enough group, there is at least one person who does not like you no matter what you do? Even if you both get along with everyone else, for some reason the person just thinks you are a complete asshole.

Seems to be the same here. Even among members who are mostly civilized and post good stuff, I notice there are little "pet hates" flying around. Human nature I suppose, and sometimes entertaining.

Anyone else notice this IRL or here?

C/O
":)everyone loves me though:)"

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Nope, can't say I know what you're talking about.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Yep, it exists here and generally everywhere on the Internet. The best example I could give would be Frank from Zoklet. After many attempts and resolving issues the only end response I got was he justed hated me. He didn't hate a certain thing but he just hated me.

So, that sort of applies here as well. I handled the situation by avoiding him.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    We need more hate! Its too nice in here.

We need more fights and name calling. We need

an asshole who just post negative replies all time.

It will be like the good ole days
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited April 2011
    Pretty much, Most likely the guy is an asshole hence the predetermined ideal of said person. Some people just have a higher perception than others, it is sad but true, It's only genetics so don't worry if your inferior and can't pick out an asshole of a group.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    I hate all of you :mad:
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Hate would involve some kind of emotional investment, I really don't take the internet that seriously.

Like playing video games, when you start getting pissed off, and forget it's just entertainment, it's time to shut it off.
    edited April 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Hate would involve some kind of emotional investment, I really don't take the internet that seriously.

I fucking hate you

and hope you get diabetes :thumbsup:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited April 2011
    I fucking hate you

Made me chuckle.

My main group of friends have all been friends for 20 years or so. We grew up, spewed up and screwed up together. The group has got smaller over the years - eliminating anyone who was an arsehole.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    we have to break up that mod circlejerk with hatred

we already got that nigger DS out of it
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited April 2011

Like playing video games, when you start getting pissed off, and forget it's just entertainment, it's time to shut it off.

This exactly. There is no point in getting angry about words on a screen or virtual people.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    Get off my dick.

lulz
  • edited April 2011
    I haven't noticed this.

There's got to be some reason that they dislike you. Sometimes you get people who, due to their own insecurities, will hate you regardless of what you actually do. I don't think that every group of people has one of these guys in it, though.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited April 2011
    I fucking hate you

I hate you!

and I hope you get syphilis :thumbsup:

awww mang! I can't hate :o:o
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited April 2011
    I try to avoid this, but I know it still happens. Generally being a nice person though eliminates this.
    edited April 2011
    ducklips wrote: »
    I hate you!

and I hope you get syphilis :thumbsup:

awww mang! I can't hate :o:o

:o

And Box is right we need more hate, look what happened

to DS faggot
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited April 2011
    It's more noticeable on the internet because everyone has their "keyboard warrior" moments now and then
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    LSA king is being a homo and is lurking this thread, inb4one of his half assed witty replies

was taking u so long son?
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited April 2011

Oh come on. You can't tell me you've never had a "I shot you 50 fucking times how are you still alive" moment. The competitive part is what makes games entertaining to me.

But getting pissed off over forums is different. That's just...sad.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    Indulgence wrote: »
    Oh come on. You can't tell me you've never had a "I shot you 50 fucking times how are you still alive" moment. The competitive part is what makes games entertaining to me.

But getting pissed off over forums is different. That's just...sad.

Agreed. LOL
  • edited April 2011
    I feel like most of us here are too apathetic to be effective trolls/ragers.

Maybe we shud just go find JoePedo and Warweed or sumthin'?

....I bet we cud even find mr. Hai if we scoured the internets hard enuff ; )
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    I feel like most of us here are too apathetic to be effective trolls/ragers.

Maybe we shud just go find JoePedo and Warweed or sumthin'?

....I bet we cud even find mr. Hai if we scoured the internets hard enuff ; )

Fuck warweed, god damn rat bastard, bill keller cock sucking faggot.
  • edited April 2011
    Fair enough. The only thing I remember bout him was that he was a dick... How surprising.:hai:
  • edited April 2011
    Interesting responses in this thread, I thought a bit about my OP and have come up with a few reasons someone might hate you IRL and you can't figure out why;

1. They overheard you talking shit about someone they are friends with, you have no idea they are friends, and so have no idea why they hate you. I was bad for this when I was younger and would verbally put the boots to someone before I really knew how those around me thought about them.

2. They hate your politics/religion, if you are a fag and someone hates you, it is pretty good odds it is because they heard you were a fag, no puzzle there. But what if you came out as pro abortion, an Atheist, or a Conservative/Democrat/Communist, whatever. They may never tell you why they think you are a dick. This has happened to me a few times as I tend to be pretty outspoken about my beliefs.

3. They hate your looks and the way you put express yourself with clothes. Some people seem to judge a book by it's cover, especially if the cover includes tattoos, piercings, and a non standard haircut/color. Or maybe you have a bug up your ass about the button shirt, brush cut, tan slacks crowd, and the ever present smell of cheap cologne. Silly things to get hatin over, but it happens.

C/O
    "Happy hatin', y'all"
  • edited April 2011
    ^ That actually makes no sense at all, but go ahead :thumbsup:
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited April 2011
    Interesting responses in this thread ~~~~but it happens.

C/O
    "Happy hatin', y'all"

All of that is spot on. McBoozer is right, or maybe a guide on why people might hate you.

I currently live in a small town that practically is governed by its many churches (I can count at least 7 that are within a 2 mile radius). I know for a fact some people here do not like me because I'm not a Christian. I'm not against Christianity anymore than I am any other religion and usually don't talk about the subject unless somebody else initiates the conversation. I try not to be too insulting unless its in a joke or I'm asked my opinion of a specific one.