here we go....

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    to wonderland. Im waiting for the lash out over the rules
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    to wonderland. Im waiting for the lash out over the rules

They can be updated and are open for discussion. At least we have a set of rules to work with. Use H&S for discussions please.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    Can I recommend closing this thread and opening a duplicate in H&S for discussion? Just move the replies to the duplicate and leave the OP for a reference for all. If anything changes officially we can update this OP. That way this section and thread remain clean and the H&S duplicate can serve as a sounding board. Just my two cents...
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited April 2011
    I strongly disagree with this. Drama has always been on totse and this rule is too vague and threatens fee speech which is what this site was founded on.

As wrong as DS/JS usually is, I'm going to have to agree with him here.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Rules: http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=13739

Have fun discussion. I am open to feedback etc.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    As wrong as DS/JS usually is, I'm going to have to agree with him here.

I agree with him to a point, drama has always been a part of totse but trying to destroy what we have here is where I draw the line. I'm sure others here will agree
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I agree with him to a point, drama has always been a part of totse but trying to destroy what we have here is where I draw the line. I'm sure others here will agree

^That, it's not like I am enforcing everything. These rules were already in place. I just combined them into a list which can be read and updated easily.

Plus, I need to fix those rules more anyway.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2011
    I'm liking them. They're not nazified or extreme, simplistic and give us a basis to work on.
    Trying to divide the community and create unnecessary drama will get your kicked from Totse.info.
    As far as this is concerned. ^ I think you have a fair idea what drama Dfg speaks of. More on that extreme level drama than the minor stuff.
    You still retain that freedom of speech instead of a straight out shit fest that carried on to other forums and even other threads.
    I'm liking them. :thumbsup:
    edited April 2011
    Trying to divide the community and create unnecessary drama will get your kicked from Totse.info. We love freedom of speech but we will not allow others to directly harm the community by attacking it using different propaganda campaigns. Users caught doing it will be handled swiftly.
    I strongly disagree with this. Drama has always been on totse and this rule is too vague and threatens free speech which is what this site was founded on.

Or could it be that you want to divide the community in hopes that it will crumble and totse2 will pick up mew members. Oh, wait totse2 does not support freedom of speech as evidenced by their closed reg. NVM
  • edited April 2011
    Thou shalt not cause grief to thy Administrator.

Trying to divide the community and create unnecessary drama will get your kicked from Totse.info. We love freedom of speech but we will not allow others to directly harm the community by attacking it using different propaganda campaigns. Users caught doing it will be handled swiftly.

Aren't these essentially the same thing, if not, who apart from the Admin(s) has the power to define "unnecessary drama"?
    No Secret dealing is allowed. Admin or Mod is not allowed to make secret deals with any user regarding certain things. It’s mandatory to share these dealing with the Administration team.

"Certain things"... I'm intrigued. Can you give an example(s)?
    Posting Drug sources is not allowed. You will get banned for posting them. Please use IRC or other means of communication for sharing them.

Does this include chemical sources in general, irrespective of their intended use? I ask because posting chemical sources within Lab Tips has traditionally been forbidden. If it becomes forbidden in Totse.info's Lab Tips, Backyard Ballistics, or anywhere else on the site, will it be infractable or merely deleted?
    Trolling isn’t forbidden on Totse, however if you’re shitty at trolling don’t expect users to go nice on you. Excessive trolling might get you into trouble.

I hope you've PM'ed this one to Mayberry.
    Panic Button
    Used when some crisis arises and no other Gobal Mod or Admin is around. It's a general infraction and should be used only in extreme cases. Using the report tool would be a better idea.

Haha, doesn't Facebook have this for when little girls think someone wants to touch them in their special place?

Pity the mod who uses this infraction. :D
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited April 2011
    I strongly disagree with this. Drama has always been on totse and this rule is too vague and threatens free speech which is what this site was founded on.

I agree with this. I do not think the users should be forced to get along, and all extreme drama should be allowed as long as it is kept in its proper place which is Bitch and Moan. If the totse community is something that can be destroyed by a few people who complain and cause drama, then this totse does not deserve to exist.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited April 2011

LOL, they had to make a rule justifying the ban of Daguru. :facepalm:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Nice Job DFG!

You are looking more and more like a tap-dancing beuracrat as every day goes by. You managed to put up just enough lenghty mindless mumbo jumbo hiding your repetitive major rule of "WE'LL be the judge of just which speech should free and make sure you speak kindly of US too!"...to fool most of the slobbering morons you have lord and reign over.

The rest of us will see it for being just one big excuse to get rid of people you don't agree with or feel intimidated by, and Zoklet Jr. v 2.0 plods forward to whatever future it has in store.
    I just combined the rules in one place for review. They can be changed and fixed. Not tap dancing, just doing what I am supposed to do.
    Aren't these essentially the same thing, if not, who apart from the Admin(s) has the power to define "unnecessary drama"?

Well, you can say they're essentially the same thing but the drama part was aimed at propaganda schemes used to divide the community. This doesn't apply to normal day to day drama, it applies to drama created for the sole purpose of destroying totse. We have seen this before and hell users even tried this on Zoklet.

Again, feel free to suggest a better rule.

Mostly deals regarding allowing certain accounts, going easy on someone etc.

Does this include chemical sources in general, irrespective of their intended use? I ask because posting chemical sources within Lab Tips has traditionally been forbidden. If it becomes forbidden in Totse.info's Lab Tips, Backyard Ballistics, or anywhere else on the site, will it be infractable or merely deleted?

Deleted at first. The infractions which are bans basically are for extreme cases. We don't want to harm totse nor do we want the sharing to be restricted. If you want to share them use IRC etc. Again, this rule is merely to protect totse.info from possible legal problems.

I hope you've PM'ed this one to Mayberry.

Nah, I am sure he will read the thread. This does not apply to HB btw. (I should mention it there)

Haha, doesn't Facebook have this for when little girls think someone wants to touch them in their special place?

Pity the mod who uses this infraction. :D
    Well, there are also some loop holes here and there. Panic button sort of helps a mod when no one is around and he is forced into acting in totse interests. But don't worry the mod who uses is, puts himself at risk as well.
    vozhde wrote: »
    I agree with this. I do not think the users should be forced to get along, and all extreme drama should be allowed as long as it is kept in its proper place which is Bitch and Moan. If the totse community is something that can be destroyed by a few people who complain and cause drama, then this totse does not deserve to exist.
    That rule doesn't apply normal bitching.
    That very thing has already happened though, just a couple months back when they got rid of Spectral and DaGuru. Oddly enough, the community isn't any better for it, and if one would really look at the numbers closely you'll realize this place has less activity since then. Couple mods have stepped down, normal members left, the place really aint teh same.

Tell us Vozdhe, where were you when all of that took place? Just gonna rely on the ole "I don't leave my section often", or is there a better excuse to why you are ignorant of the cold hard events that have already happened in front of everyone else?

Welcome to the new ere of Totse everyone, just don't disagree with the wrong people and your Freedom of Speech is still all honky dory on this end.
    Freedom of Speech is always limited in some way. You can bitch all you want but if the bitching is targeted at weakening the community then action will be taken against you.

Just to make it clear. I just combined the rule and I am hoping to get them reviewed and corrected. It's not like what I wrote is the law here. Well, it will become the law eventually when the majority agrees on it. I don't want to leave any grey areas out.

I want to keep things simple but clear.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2011
    That very thing has already happened though, just a couple months back when they got rid of Spectral and DaGuru. Oddly enough, the community isn't any better for it, and if one would really look at the numbers closely you'll realize this place has less activity since then. Couple mods have stepped down, normal members left, the place really aint teh same.

Tell us Vozdhe, where were you when all of that took place? Just gonna rely on the ole "I don't leave my section often", or is there a better excuse to why you are ignorant of the cold hard events that have already happened in front of everyone else?

Welcome to the new ere of Totse everyone, just don't disagree with the wrong people and your Freedom of Speech is still all honky dory on this end.
    Heya Spectroll!!
    INB4 I'm not Spectroll, blah,blah,blah,blah,blah
    All negative posts and still worthless pieces of shit.
    Give it up mang.
  • edited April 2011

Well, you can say they're essentially the same thing but the drama part was aimed at propaganda schemes used to divide the community. This doesn't apply to normal day to day drama, it applies to drama created for the sole purpose of destroying totse. We have seen this before and hell users even tried this on Zoklet.

Again, feel free to suggest a better rule.

Sounds like a rule largely devised to ban Spectral or Daguru because they're 'too much'.

But unless a community is very weak no one regular, mod or even supermod can destroy it in any meaningful sense of the word; I think the rule makes you appear weak because the reality is only you and Hellish can destroy Totse.

I'd be inclined to remove it and just stick with giving thy adminstrator grief, a matter upon which only the admins would be judges.

Mostly deals regarding allowing certain accounts, going easy on someone etc.

I can think of examples in S&A, BB and LT where having a proxied forum-specific identity would be desirable. I suppose that would be up to the forum mod's discretion as long as the account wasn't used outside those forums.

Deleted at first. The infractions which are bans basically are for extreme cases. We don't want to harm totse nor do we want the sharing to be restricted. If you want to share them use IRC etc. Again, this rule is merely to protect totse.info from possible legal problems.

If disclosure of chemical and not just drug sources is to be prohibited on the forums, then I think the rule's wording should clearly state that; all drugs are chemicals but not all chemicals are drugs.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Sounds like a rule largely devised to ban Spectral or Daguru because they're 'too much'.

But unless a community is very weak no one regular, mod or even supermod can destroy it in any meaningful sense of the word; I think the rule makes you appear weak because the reality is only you and Hellish can destroy Totse.

I'd be inclined to remove it and just stick with giving thy adminstrator grief, a matter upon which only the admins would be judges.

I can think of examples in S&A, BB and LT where having a proxied forum-specific identity would be desirable. I suppose that would be up to the forum mod's discretion as long as the account wasn't used outside those forums.

If disclosure of chemical and not just drug sources is to be prohibited on the forums, then I think the rule's wording should clearly state that; all drugs are chemicals but not all chemicals are drugs.
    Thanks for the input. I will revise the rules and make adjustments as you requested.
    edited April 2011
    Nice Job DFG!

You are looking more and more like a tap-dancing beuracrat as every day goes by. You managed to put up just enough lenghty mindless mumbo jumbo hiding your repetitive major rule of "WE'LL be the judge of just which speech should free and make sure you speak kindly of US too!"...to fool most of the slobbering morons you have lord and reign over.

The rest of us will see it for being just one big excuse to get rid of people you don't agree with or feel intimidated by, and Zoklet Jr. v 2.0 plods forward to whatever future it has in store.

Your disguise mustache is unglued on one side there Spectral.
    :facepalm: registration is closed there due to an email problem you idiot.

So the admin is incompetent? Funny how this email problem has been going on for close to a month. Just about the same time many accounts were deleted. Freedom of speech on Totse2, hell yeah!!!
    Ban them first and make up the rule later:rolleyes:

Are you volunteering for some sort of pilot program in this regard?

Still sore from having both of your accounts banned there Will?
    Dfg wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. I will revise the rules and make adjustments as you requested.

I am not saying that SotB suggestion are good or bad but are you really going to modify the rules based on the opinions of just one person?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Your disguise mustache is unglued on one side there Spectral.

So the admin is incompetent? Funny how this email problem has been going on for close to a month. Just about the same time many accounts were deleted. Freedom of speech on Totse2, hell yeah!!!

Are you volunteering for some sort of pilot program in this regard?

Still sore from having both of your accounts banned there Will?

I am not saying that SotB suggestion are good or bad but are you really going to modify the rules based on the opinions of just one person?
    Well, I created the rules they were a draft anyway. Plus, he did raise some valid points and if someone contests his suggestions, I will accommodate them as well. It's the way I work :).
    What you've really done is create one huge grey area that you can use as an excuse to throw any user or post into based on your whim or agenda that day. As so many others have pointed out to you on this and other threads, if someone's simple opinion about certain things is enough to "weaken community", then you obviously have a feeble house of cards as a foundation to begin with. And that sure as fuck ain't any one person or critics fault, if after 9+ months your little kingdom is that flimsy and able to be "weakened" just by critical banter....then you only have yourself to blame.

Yeah, I have myself to blame. *BLAMES*

Blaming doesn't solve problem. Fixing them does. Try to learn that Spec.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited April 2011

According to you Spectral and Daguru are the same person so its happened already. You didn't seem to mind at the time.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Updated the rules, see the revision post for details.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I never said the rules were created with no ethics, that comment was directed at you. The original idea behind posting these rules, was just a list of our infractions and what constituted them.

:cool:

DFG, can we move everything but the infraction list to the FAQ? Or move the infraction list somewhere like the Infractions subforum? It would be easier to reference them if they were on their own, IMO.

As you wish.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Nick wrote: »
    Abridgment to Privacy Policy -- Right to Monitor

Totse reserves several rights to retain, monitor, modify, extract, distribute, redistribute, and remove any content posted to the site. The right to monitor includes, but is not limited to: posts, comments, blogs, messages, ratings, chat rooms, user agent, IP, referrer, requests, and other submissions to the site whether voluntary or involuntary.

So you file us practically, that's what the above rule is all about, long live USA lol, a site that want to distinguish, although it keeps records of everything and stores it for reasons of ....saving it's ass ! hahahahahah:D

License Grant

By posting communications on or through the Web Site, you automatically grant the Company a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sub-license such rights through multiple tiers of sub-licenses.

Practically that means you can register 100 sites , even porn sites for example with a forum area and there to transfer all our information and to be legal, right ? which means you can register a site called for example
    www.smutporntotsefreaks.com and the members of this site to be automatically members of that site without knowing it and be considered as smuts...porn addicts...totse species and freaks :D

Anyway, am not going to analyze all your Community rules , cause practically 99% are made to save your ass.

I do have a question though...

You want to distinguish you say from other sites and bring more people here, for what reason would you like to do such thing ?

Distinguishing in fields of terrorism is not a wise thing to do, nor to distinguish in fields of hacking, how do you think someone would use any hacking techniques here with the background that exists as we speak ? It would only bring legal issues to your site and your rules really can't protect you from such issues as Global Moderator's are the one's that suggested innovation on the fields of terrorism and hacking.

And although it seems from first view the whole effort of making your site better a nice thought, if you analyze it a little bit more down to the bone, it is obviously that you try to hide something, most community threads are open to the public, you apply community rules that firstly are never implemented and secondly can not go along with the nature of your site, plus you seek for improvements on fields that have no sense , ethical or not, and all of that for what ?

More traffic ? more money ? your site to worth more and you to sell it ?

It's kind of weird, in my head at least.

Thanks for pointing that out, the ToS was a copy pasta. I didn't edit it since that would require some help.

We don't distribute information nor do we plan to make 100 websites using totse data.

When it comes to ethics.... well they exist in some form (mainly when it comes to protecting your ass) but in general we don't care about them here.
    edited April 2011
    According to you Spectral and Daguru are the same person so its happened already. You didn't seem to mind at the time.

Son, you have potential, but when you post stuff like this which makes no sense whatsoever you are pissing all over this potential.
  • edited April 2011
    Son, you have potential, but when you post stuff like this which makes no sense whatsoever you are pissing all over this potential.
    Shut your dumb corn-hole and stay on topic, shitbag. Thanks in advance.
  • edited April 2011
    Updated the rules, see the revision post for details.
    Rules are useless when they are written by a spineless coward too afraid of an opinion to show himself without pissing his pants. Fucking dumb Pakis.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    You gave them all those old time stars
    Through wars of worlds -- invaded by Mars
    You made 'em laugh -- you made 'em cry
    You made us feel like we could fly

So don't become some background noise
    A backdrop for the girls and boys
    Who just don't know!!! or just don't care!!!!
    And just complain when you're not there
    You had your time, you had the power
    You've yet to have your FINESTTTT HOURRRRR

RADIOOO

ALL WE HEAR IS RADIO GA GA

RADIO GOO GOO

RADIO GA GA
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    So since its been determined that MY perma-banning was unjust and undeserved....could we now address exactly what Spectral did to earn his? And please don't use the "he used alt accounts after he got banned" card......because much of this userbase has used them in the past (and more than likely currently), not to mention many on staff thinks that kind of behaviors is funny/entertaining (****WAVES FRANTICALLY AT Yoda***)

If you are really going to have a "newer" era of Totse with a newer rendition of rules, (basically ignoring past transgressions from members and staff members alike) then if you are going to have TRUE fairness/freedom of speech it only makes sense Spectral is let back into the pond as well.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Could you kind sirs please provide an always current and easily accesible list of the Administrators of this site..... so us mere peons know exactly just whose feathers we can rustle, and those who we cannot?

I guess we should all breathe a deep sigh of relief that Dfg himself will never be able to play this card, since after all he ain't an admin and is just a regular. :Facepalm:
    Check the forum leaderboard.
    DaGuru wrote: »
    So since its been determined that MY perma-banning was unjust and undeserved....could we now address exactly what Spectral did to earn his? And please don't use the "he used alt accounts after he got banned" card......because much of this userbase has used them in the past (and more than likely currently), not to mention many on staff thinks that kind of behaviors is funny/entertaining (****WAVES FRANTICALLY AT Yoda***)

If you are really going to have a "newer" era of Totse with a newer rendition of rules, (basically ignoring past transgressions from members and staff members alike) then if you are going to have TRUE fairness/freedom of speech it only makes sense Spectral is let back into the pond as well.
    DeadlyDiscourse is spectral. Make a B&M thread and we can discuss that there.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    Check the forum leaderboard.

DeadlyDiscourse is spectral. Make a B&M thread and we can discuss that there.

Ummmm, for us n00bs and morons that don't know all the intricacies of Vbul....exactly what/where/how do I find this "forum leaderboard"???? :confused:

Going to B&M to copy/paste my original inquiry about Spectral's status there.......
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Ummmm, for us n00bs and morons that don't know all the intricacies of Vbul....exactly what/where/how do I find this "forum leaderboard"???? :confused:

Going to B&M to copy/paste my original inquiry about Spectral's status there.......

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showgroups.php

There you go :).

My electricity going out in few minutes. So, sit tight for an hour or so.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    http://www.totse.info/bbs/showgroups.php

There you go :).

My electricity going out in few minutes. So, sit tight for an hour or so.

Thanks for the link.... and now after using it I see it's a sub-tab underneath "Community" and one can find it all on their own after scrolling down past all the forum sections and finding that very tab before the "What's going on" section.

Much obliged DFG!!!! :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the link.... and now after using it I see it's a sub-tab underneath "Community" and one can find it all on their own after scrolling down past all the forum sections and finding that very tab before the "What's going on" section.

Much obliged DFG!!!! :thumbsup:

I can't change the link position since it's standard in Forum layout. If you want I can add the link in the Community Rules thread.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    I can't change the link position since it's standard in Forum layout. If you want I can add the link in the Community Rules thread.

Nah, the link is fine where its at.....you just didn't quite understand my request. This is more a scenario of "teaching him how to fish" rather than just giving the guy a fish cuz he is hungry. I had originally asked where I could find the spot on my own if I wanted to see a list of site admins, meaning what normal machinations I would have to go through for myself or anyone else to find it without assistance.

The reason I went into a longer description of just where it is currently located was for someone as equally as stupid as me to understand all this in more layman's terms....because while the link you did provide was helpful to my initial inquiry, it didn't provide a longer term solution for me to obatin the independent ability to find it on my own in the future.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Nah, the link is fine where its at.....you just didn't quite understand my request. This is more a scenario of "teaching him how to fish" rather than just giving the guy a fish cuz he is hungry. I had originally asked where I could find the spot on my own if I wanted to see a list of site admins, meaning what normal machinations I would have to go through for myself or anyone else to find it without assistance.

The reason I went into a longer description of just where it is currently located was for someone as equally as stupid as me to understand all this in more layman's terms....because while the link you did provide was helpful to my initial inquiry, it didn't provide a longer term solution for me to obatin the independent ability to find it on my own in the future.

Actually I was short on time and I had to help you so I just linked you directly originally I planned to do this.
    A) Go to the Community Main Page [www.totse.info/bbs)
    B) Press Home key or scroll to the bottom. You will see this:
    forumleaders.jpg
    C) Click on Forum Leaders.

You will then see a current list of Mods, Admins, GMods and Editors.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    Actually I was short on time and I had to help you so I just linked you directly originally I planned to do this.
    A) Go to the Community Main Page [www.totse.info/bbs)
    B) Press Home key or scroll to the bottom. You will see this:
    forumleaders.jpg
    C) Click on Forum Leaders.

You will then see a current list of Mods, Admins, GMods and Editors.

Thank ya brutha!

That is what I was trying to say in my description, but you broke it down much better and along with the screen shot...it now couldn't be any easier! :thumbsup:
    edited April 2011

Hai Spectral
    edited April 2011
    :facepalm:

Go crawl back in your nice protected little closed reg cage.
    edited April 2011
    Still butthurt I see?

Still projecting I see.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    fuck the community
    edited April 2011
    :rolleyes:

Yup, that is your best bet, just keep your mouth shut and let the the normal people do the talking.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    You two, take your issues to B&M.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    Pacino wrote: »
    fuck the community

that !
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    Your butthurt and petty grudge with me is not good conduct for a staff member.

its funny because whenever i send him PM's giving him abuse he retaliates by giving me a warning for some bullshit post or report
    edited August 2011
    The revised rules are great. They define things that were ambiguous to the obtuse.

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php/13739-Community-Rules-amp-FAQ?p=218008#post218008