NSFW: Gmask Thread

Lead OxideLead Oxide Semo-Regulars
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
If you don't know what Gmask is its a programme that will blur and distort images so they are obscured using a variety of algorithms. The fun part is that by opening an image masked in Gmask you can un-mask it to reveal the original image as long as you "solve" it correctly by applying the correct algorithms to the image.

The general idea is that a gmasked image itself is sfw but the original is often nsfw :rolleyes: . Thus giving you a reason for unmasking the image.

Masking an image is very easy highlight the area you wish to mask, then click on the various filters to apply that mask. Most masked images combine several masks on top of each other or spread around an image.

IMPORTANT DON'T USE THE CP MASK AS IT IS UN-BREAKABLE WITHOUT THE PASSWORD

To unmask the image you need to highlight the masked area and apply the same filters used to mask the image in reverse order,except M+/M- you must apply the opposite used,i.e if M+ used apply M-.

Another tutorial on recognising various masks, below.
10e33uu.jpg

Links

Download the Gmask programme here

A few good (nsfw) Gmasked images here

Good ED page on Gmasking here

(Good tutorial and Gmasked images to practise on)

So everyone post their Gmasked images here, its also always nice if you include the solution (use spoiler tags).

I'll post a few to start off with..

gld9ktc6hgu18hv6hszx.bmp

c6j09pbyuqck0uxqphid.bmp

These are quite easy, I didn't want to put everyone off on their first go.

EDIT:Can't get spoiler tags to work, most of the masks I've posted are quite easy anyways.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    So basically, if I wanted to hide my face Gmask is useless because it can be unencrypted?
  • Lead OxideLead Oxide Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    So basically, if I wanted to hide my face Gmask is useless because it can be unencrypted?

You could use the CP mask which is unbreakable without the password.

Or you could put a basic obscuring mask on then screenshot it, i'm not sure if this would work though. Give it a try.