How do Northerners understand each other?

For example, look at this guy's Facebook bio...

https://www.facebook.com/willie.ahara

Now, scroll down and read about Mr Willie Ahara. It says something like this;
am willie ahara am 21 and am fae port glesgaw hing aboot dwn larkfield am single n if u want tae knew any mare mail me let me knew

Did anybody catch a word of that? :facepalm: Tell me, is this what everyone sounds like if you're from Glasgow?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    Why do some people always type exactly like how they talk? :facepalm:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited April 2011
    It declares a sense of true tribal identity.

As part of an immigrant group, you should understand this.

To the OP, its easy to read and you are taking the piss. If you cannot read or at leas decipher it, you need to travel a bit around the UK.
  • edited April 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    It declares a sense of true tribal identity.

As part of an immigrant group, you should understand this.

To the OP, its easy to read and you are taking the piss. If you cannot read or at leas decipher it, you need to travel a bit around the UK.

I managed to decipher some of it, but reading through his status updates is incredibly difficult. All of the "tae knew a boot" stuff confuses me, lol.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited April 2011
    They are all from the same area, so they all talk in a similar way, so I imagine it isn't too hard. Also, I'm from Minnesota and don't type like a dumb ass.
  • edited April 2011
    The Glaswegian accent can be very thick, although it doesn't take me too much effort to understand it. Then again I grew up watching this. Although things like 'I'll pop yer fooking eyes oot, ya Paki bastad' are fairly self-explanatory (this passes as a cheerful greeting by Glaswegian multicultural standards). And when in conversation with a Glaswegian, as an Englishman, I assume any sentence containing the word 'Sassenach' will shortly be followed by A) getting headbutted B) being glassed C) being stabbed with a potato knife.

To summarize, my advice is do as the Romans did and stay south of the border.
    edited April 2011
    MN FTW! Fuck yeah, I was wondering when I would see another Minnesotan on here. What part are you from, you don't have to say a city, you know the area names I'm talking about.

As for the OP, that guy types like a retard, but I bet his voice is easier to understand.

Red Wing, unfortunately. I'm moving to the Faribault area soon though.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    you should go spread the word booze.

and As for TX. Im ok with Sarahlovers being here. But no more.

maybe that nigga chuckNrambo if he ever decides to quit being a faggot :p
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Didn't find that hard to read but still, what's wrong with people.
    edited April 2011
    No way, I used to live up 61 a bit, just past Hastings. We need more Minnesotans on &T. :mad:

Hell yeah. I remember back on the old totse I used to be able to make drug deals via IRC.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    My brain almost exploded when I read OPs post.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    Fuck Scottish people
    edited April 2011
    dos anybody actually gee a fuk aboot eis daft royal wedding fukin makin a fuss over a wedding dain ma nut in cunts menshin it awl eh time

istockphoto5933842finge.jpg
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited April 2011
    Meh I understand it fully though that may be down to my friends dad being from Glasgow and talking to him a fair bit..
    edited April 2011
    Holy shit look at all his Cousins! lawl