What are the best gloves to wear for B&E?

edited April 2011 in Man Cave
Following on from my previous thread regarding changing fingerprints, I'm quite interested in the best type of gloves to be wearing when breaking and entering. Assuming you're looking to remove the possibility of leaving prints and to maximize efficiency through protecting your hands, what type of glove would be the best to wear?

Also, is it a good idea to wear more than one pair of gloves? Such as some latex gloves underneath some leather ones, for extra print protection.

Comments

• AmieAmie Regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't wear real leather gloves. They leave a unique print which can be traced back to the individual glove, just like all things skin.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Aye, as like Amie said, and dont use any gloves that have a pattern on them. How about a workmans glove, with a rubber glove over the top of them (like you use cleaning the sink)? Bring spares so that if one gets ripped you can change into a spare.
  • edited April 2011
    Wow, never knew that about the leather gloves. Fuck that shit then, I think I'd wear something like GoingNowhere suggested :thumbsup: You think layering your gloves is a good idea then? How will this restrict hand movement?
  • MrFriendlyFaceMrFriendlyFace Regular
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Wow, never knew that about the leather gloves. Fuck that shit then, I think I'd wear something like GoingNowhere suggested :thumbsup: You think layering your gloves is a good idea then? How will this restrict hand movement?

Try them on before you go out to see how they feel. If you feel that it restricts your hand movement too much try something else. If not you're good man.
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited April 2011
    When my friend used to B&E homes, he'd wear neoprene gloves. Two layers.

neoprene.gif
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited April 2011
    Can't go wrong with neoprene.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited April 2011
    I would think cheap fleece gloves
    ControlledExp.jpg
    My logic is, They sell those things everywhere, hard to trace. They're also dirt cheap.
  • edited April 2011
    ^ Problem with those is that they're awful when trying to grip something - especially small items like keys or whatever. If you're not going to need to grip anything then sure, these are alright. Otherwise I wouldn't suggest them :(
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    ^ Problem with those is that they're awful when trying to grip something - especially small items like keys or whatever. I

Well I was referring to the cheap stretchy gloves every kid I knew used to have. They aren't as bulky, but I couldn't think of what they were called, or find a good picture of them.