Psilocybin Mushrooms trip report. [Published]

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited May 2011 in Man Cave
Another unforgettable day. No phone. No Facebook.

It began at 08:30 on this particular day (this was last July)

Up I got, I went to the bathroom, got some food, came up to my room and cracked open the can of Diet Coke.
I opened the strong smelling box of dried Cubensis mushrooms and weighed out 2.5 grams on my digital scales.
My eyes closed. Good thoughts.

I attempted to chug the dried mushrooms. Some got stuck in my throat, others I tore up and swallowed, others I could roll into a ball and take like a pill.
This was it. I had a practically empty stomach and had 20 or so minutes to get comfortable. I hopped into the shower and got out quite quickly.
Grabbed the iPod, got some toast and sat in the sunny garden waiting expectantly.
“2.5, is that all?” I said to myself.

I went back upstairs after about 10 minutes post-dosing of the first batch, and weighed out .6g more. I swallowd it in a similar fashion and there I was.
Just over 3 grams of dried cubensis mushrooms. The highest dose yet, and my second trip.
I waited in the garden again, and after about 30 minutes the first waves rocked me. I enjoyed my food and was suddenly so intrigued at the plants and light in the garden. The discoloured ends of leaves were fascinating. How nature could possibly be so beautiful – by accident…or purpose.
After listening to some Jack Johnson (Constellations) and The Beatles (Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Here Comes the Sun) to keep my mood lifted, my attention soon drew to the just flowered pink poppies.

July 1st, new life.
My cats were wandering around the garden and my vision was interrupted by the houses. The brick seemed so unnatural – like a deformed nature. The ingredients were organic, but they seemed a horrible mutilation looking onto the garden like a hunchback being outcast by a beautiful, pure society.
Patterns swirled round on the brick, as though trying to convey a message to me. The longer I looked, the more nauseous I became. I moved inside and contemplated taking a walk.
I put on the Beatles film “Yellow Submarine” and it made more sense than being sober.

My perception of time had also gone.
A minute felt like an hour. An hour felt like a minute. You soon forgot about it though.
I decided to go for a walk. I was told to always trip in nature and the only thing stopping me was the public.
I managed to decide on a place to go. A huge MOD training ground, bout 25sq miles of rugged, varied terrain. You had hills, desert, wasteland, pine forests and riverbeds.
I left the house, iPod on the keep me focused and after a few minutes I felt like I had walked so far! I literally felt as though I was floating down the street.

I peaked around this time, too. Suddenly colours became SO intense. For a split second the world looked like a painting and a particular house covered in Ivy seemed to be waving to me. It was full of life. Good vibes were emanating from there.

I continued walking and managed to cross the train crossing with no problem. That was one challenge out of the way.
I turned off the road and found myself in a familiar place, but it seemed so alien. The rippling of a river, the swoosh of the wind and the flutter of the trees. I took my earphones out to fully experience these sounds, and took a few pictures to ry and recreate the slight visual distortion I was experiencing. I must have been standing there for ages.
I kept walking to my destination and looked behind me. A jogger was approaching.

“Keep calm. Keep. calm.”

I looked ahead, moved really out of the way and almost walked into the bushes lining the path.
She passed. Her body seemed so fluid and she said something. I didn’t catch it. I was too busy thinking of the word “obtrusive”. It stuck in my mind.

I reached my destination! After looking at trees in the distance and seeing how they changed shape, I got there!
After being drawn in by a brightly coloured sign, I went into the alternative entrance and found a tree to sit under. I laid down my hoodie and sat down, pulling out a pen and paper. On went “stairway to heaven” and I wrote the following.

“A stairway to heaven.
No obtrusive lines heree…
Freshly crushed pine smell
Intense, vivid colours, birdsong and the odd car [sound] in the distance.
A calling back to nature.
We don’t control it.
It controls us.”

“Greens, purples, browns and somewhere in-between.
I can see how religion began. The thought of us being on a rock hurtling through space.
I keep getting flashes of “new age”. I literally see it. The inherent good in us.
There is so much more that can be achieved. We have a long way to go.
…and she’s buying a stairway to heaven

Also, the following phrases kept coming to mind:
“THIS IS IT”
“The clouds race”
“A good pair of boots is all you need” – Me (referring to my walks back at Uni)
“The floor ripples”

All this was accompanied by drawings of strange stars, lines and faces.
I eventually got up after staring at the floor, looking at the slight ripples and the clouds that seemed to be a bright blue and race across the sky. The trees had a white aura. They were pure beings.
Up I got and headed to a hill to get a better view. No people in sight.

Good.

The sand felt warm and as though it was holding onto me. I had all the energy in the world and was tempted to walk up to another hill.
I turned round and headed home.I walked through a village with the iPod playing to keep me focused. I eventually got to a park and the temptation to play on the swings and roundabout was too much to resist.
I got on them and a child-like wonder washed over me. Fatboy Slim’s “Gangster Tripping” was playing and I felt as though I was there for hours. I could have easily stayed there forever in that state.

I continued on my journey, passed my friends house (I would have knocked but was tired), passed the Ivy house who waved – welcoming me home then had an hour nap.

It ended abruptly, but it was an amazing experience. People say hallucinogens are bad and they fuck with your head.
They haven’t got the respect these chemicals deserve. Thankfully I do. And damn do I feel better because of it.

Comments

• jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited January 2011
    I miss my shrooms :(
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011
    Very vivid report. I could see exactly what you were talking about with nature.

The way you said taking them like a pill, is the best way IMO.
  • edited January 2011
    Awesome trip report, I love the bit about the jogger, I try so hard to stay cool in similar situations, but I feel like I have a big sign above my head saying "I, MY GOOD MAN, AM STONED AS FUCK". And I think it's interesting how you sometimes slipped into "you walk down the street" descriptive mode, what is the literary term for that mode? "present tense 1st person", comes to mind. I once wrote an epic speed rant about working in bush camps that slipped back and forth between "I went" and "You go" constantly, I just left it alone and didn't edit, it was what it was.

C/O
    "hmm, gotta get some shrooms"
  • Mr. MooMr. Moo Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    i miss my shrooms
  • edited January 2011
    I just read this and I'm glad I did - such an amazing trip report. I loved it :D Certain parts stood out to me which I liked, such as this one...
    My perception of time had also gone.
    A minute felt like an hour. An hour felt like a minute. You soon forgot about it though.

This has happened to me before when smoking cannabis. I haven't experimented with other drugs, but this is something which I really noticed when I was high. I'd type more, but I'm tired so I'll just finish on this...

Awesome!
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    I should repost my epic tale of my roommate's shroom disaster. :D I had a good trip myself, but damn did that show me what can go wrong when you take too strong a dose of psilocybin. Everything can be awesome one second and then just go to shit the next second, with seemingly no cause whatsoever. Very unpredictable.
  • warbeastwarbeast Regular
    edited January 2011
    Shrooms are so overrated. But I must warn you, there is a permanent tolerance that you will develop over time, they will lose their "magic", so don't mess around with pussy doses. They're not as educational anyway. Stick to 5 grams dry or higher, and don't do it often. Plan it very well.
  • edited January 2011
    Slice wrote: »
    I should repost my epic tale of my roommate's shroom disaster. :D I had a good trip myself, but damn did that show me what can go wrong when you take too strong a dose of psilocybin. Everything can be awesome one second and then just go to shit the next second, with seemingly no cause whatsoever. Very unpredictable.

Post that trip story! I love trip reports, regardless of how good/bad the experience was.
  • Dark LordDark Lord Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    I really enjoyed the way you wrote that. Incredibly true. Thank you!
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    warbeast wrote: »
    Shrooms are so overrated. But I must warn you, there is a permanent tolerance that you will develop over time, they will lose their "magic", so don't mess around with pussy doses. They're not as educational anyway. Stick to 5 grams dry or higher, and don't do it often. Plan it very well.

This.... and people act surprised when a full dose doesn't work for them because they stuffed there face with a nice dinner beforehand.

5g's and don't eat. the 5g's is your meal. BTW nice low dose story from the OP :thumbsup:
  • TadacantTadacant New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    Magic Mushrooms... such a fitting name
    great post
  • familyguyfamilyguy Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Man I wish my last trip was like that. The last time I did mushrooms I ended up getting arrested running down the road naked with a bloody hand. I'm not knocking shrooms when I say this, but I'm never touching that shit again. Being handcuffed to a hospital bed all night was not fun.

Glad you had a good experience though. I think a trip is as good as your mind set before the trip. I had a lot of shit on my mind when I was tripping, and a bizzare set of events sent me to hell. I mean that literally to. I thought I was in hell....
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    ^^^ lol

more details why you were bare ass and bloody hand.

did you kill something?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    familyguy wrote: »
    Glad you had a good experience though. I think a trip is as good as your mind set before the trip.

This.
    I planned the day a few days in advance and therefore tied up loose ends, deactivated Facebook etc and so had a good 8 hours to myself. I found the whole thing very Spiritual and so that's what gets me through every other time.

I'd say do them again when in a good setting, with mates you trust. You may experience the lighter side to them :)
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    This.
    I planned the day a few days in advance and therefore tied up loose ends, deactivated Facebook etc and so had a good 8 hours to myself. I found the whole thing very Spiritual and so that's what gets me through every other time.

I'd say do them again when in a good setting, with mates you trust. You may experience the lighter side to them :)

:thumbsup: set and setting for the win
  • familyguyfamilyguy Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    ^^^ lol

more details why you were bare ass and bloody hand.

did you kill something?

In a nutshell...I felt hot because my friend didn't have central ac. I went to take a shower and I took off all my clothes, and my friend started trying to open the door. I forgot it was him after trying to keep him out and I ran and punched a window. I saw myself bleeding everywhere and took off running outside. My friend got spooked and called the cops. It was the worst night of my life.

There is a whole lot more to the story but I don't really feel like posting a trip report. One thing is for sure. If I ever see my "friend" again, he is going to be in pain. I don't know what I'm going to do to him, but he will be in pain.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited May 2011
    familyguy wrote: »
    In a nutshell...I felt hot because my friend didn't have central ac. I went to take a shower and I took off all my clothes, and my friend started trying to open the door. I forgot it was him after trying to keep him out and I ran and punched a window. I saw myself bleeding everywhere and took off running outside. My friend got spooked and called the cops. It was the worst night of my life.

There is a whole lot more to the story but I don't really feel like posting a trip report. One thing is for sure. If I ever see my "friend" again, he is going to be in pain. I don't know what I'm going to do to him, but he will be in pain.

haha, you just need to chill the fuck out man. Go for a walk, enjoy the simplest of lifes pleasures.

It's always really frustrating when I'm tripping with someone who just can't fucking let loose and embrace the absurd.