Why is the World so Based on Christianity?

PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
The world is so based apon Christianity and I can't understand why. Our world 'leaders' tend to be Christian, most western countries teach it's principles in schools, the laws are based on their ideals, even our basis of time if gauged by Christianity! B.C (Before Christ) and A.D (Anno Domini), why is there not a fair way to measure years? How do they even know effectively when Christ was born, if he was!?

Someone needs to sort this shit out.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    Western society is based on Christianity because Rome never fell. The power base just shifted to the Roman Catholic Church. After that the monarchs of Europe derived their authority from the Papal crown. If you wanted to attack another Christian kingdom you required the Pope's blessing. If you wanted protection from being attacked by other Christian kingdoms you had to make sure you stayed in the Pope's good graces and did not get excommunicated. All knowledge and written recors during this time were kept by the church.

So we are basically looking at 100's upon 100's of generations of western humans being brain washed by the Pope and his power mad goons. That is why...
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Fuck christianity, more and more teenagers are getting brainwashed by believers of christianity. it absolutely sickens me that people can no longer think for themselves and simply tell these fuckheads to take their religious beliefs and shove them far up their asses rather than believing everything that they have to say.

Fuck they even come to uni to try pushing their beliefs in the hopes that some brainless students will join their church and unfortunately people do, they are smart enough to study at university level and yet are naive enough to believe the stories these people tell them.

The way i look at it is you can prove scientific theory because research proves that it is true, religion cannot. there is no proof that any type of "god" exists, religious beliefs have been around longer than scientific beliefs and yet believers of religion are still no closer to proving that their theory is valid. science also cannot back up their claims therefore all evidence points to religion being a complete load of bullshit and the believers being a bunch of idiots

/rant
    edited April 2011
    @Daktologist:

While I agree with the parts about proof, science, and religion there have been some interesting findings in the last decade that relate to many spiritual beliefs. Note that I am not discoveries that back any one organized religion's flavor but more along the lines things like why does the body lose a few grams at death? And some other quantum physics/mechanics stuff I won't pretend to understand. But I was reading some shit about them putting particles in proximity to each other to create some method of communication between the particles and then moving the particles to different places and the bond between them still exists. They are looking into this as a possible replacement for silicon in chips. Anyhow when I read this it reminded me of few of my half formed shadowy spiritual thought/beliefs.

OK so follow me here, in the Star Wars universe George Lucas explains the force through Obi Wan to Luke by telling him all things are connected. In Horton Hears a Who we see an application of the pagan/wiccan thought form of "As above so below". When I read the article about the experiments with the particles both concepts leapt to my mind. It made me think, "If this principle of communication between particles can be achieved on the micro level then it should be possible on the macro level. If it can be achieved with "inorganic" material then why not with organic. After all even complex life forms such as mammals are nothing but a collection of "inorganic" materials configured in a specific fashion.

When you break down anything on earth other than an atom it all contains at least 2 out 114 elements (all of which by themselves are "inorganic"). Not that this discovery or my thoughts are any sort of conclusive proof of a spiritual concept but if you look about science and nature, science has proven again and again what nature suggests. So who knows, someday our level of research and understanding of "hard" science may yet prove many spiritual beliefs that have been used as control mechanism by some men to control the masses by organizing the widely held loosely formed spiritual suspicion into religion in the absences of our full understanding of both science and spirituality.

TLDR: My pre coffee ramblings on things I understand but don't explain very well.
  • edited April 2011
    The way i look at it is you can prove scientific theory because research proves that it is true, religion cannot. there is no proof that any type of "god" exists, religious beliefs have been around longer than scientific beliefs and yet believers of religion are still no closer to proving that their theory is valid. science also cannot back up their claims therefore all evidence points to religion being a complete load of bullshit and the believers being a bunch of idiots

Science is a simply tool for understanding the how: for gathering knowledge. The why or what you do with that knowledge is something humans must devise for themselves, because science offers nothing in the way of purpose. I don't particularly like Christianity, but creating a vacuum of belief will only allow potentially more noxious belief systems to flourish.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    @Daktologist:

While I agree with the parts about proof, science, and religion there have been some interesting findings in the last decade that relate to many spiritual beliefs. Note that I am not discoveries that back any one organized religion's flavor but more along the lines things like why does the body lose a few grams at death? And some other quantum physics/mechanics stuff I won't pretend to understand. But I was reading some shit about them putting particles in proximity to each other to create some method of communication between the particles and then moving the particles to different places and the bond between them still exists. They are looking into this as a possible replacement for silicon in chips. Anyhow when I read this it reminded me of few of my half formed shadowy spiritual thought/beliefs.

OK so follow me here, in the Star Wars universe George Lucas explains the force through Obi Wan to Luke by telling him all things are connected. In Horton Hears a Who we see an application of the pagan/wiccan thought form of "As above so below". When I read the article about the experiments with the particles both concepts leapt to my mind. It made me think, "If this principle of communication between particles can be achieved on the micro level then it should be possible on the macro level. If it can be achieved with "inorganic" material then why not with organic. After all even complex life forms such as mammals are nothing but a collection of "inorganic" materials configured in a specific fashion.

When you break down anything on earth other than an atom it all contains at least 2 out 114 elements (all of which by themselves are "inorganic"). Not that this discovery or my thoughts are any sort of conclusive proof of a spiritual concept but if you look about science and nature, science has proven again and again what nature suggests. So who knows, someday our level of research and understanding of "hard" science may yet prove many spiritual beliefs that have been used as control mechanism by some men to control the masses by organizing the widely held loosely formed spiritual suspicion into religion in the absences of our full understanding of both science and spirituality.

TLDR: My pre coffee ramblings on things I understand but don't explain very well.

Agreed, i can see where you are coming from when you talk about spiritual beliefs, Surely there are things out there that at the moment we simply don't understand or have discovered. I myself have strong spiritual beliefs and believe that science can prove some things and others it cannot. we as humans simply dont have the knowledge to understand some things at present, who knows what the future holds in that respect.

The thing i don't like about religion is the fact that you are effectively told that these are our beliefs and you must believe what we tell you to, which to me goes against human nature in general. our nature tells us to look for a "why" in everything where is religion tries to suppress that side of us
    edited April 2011
    Yup, all religions are like, "We are right, you are wrong, case closed, go to hell".
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Western society is based on Christianity because Rome never fell. The power base just shifted to the Roman Catholic Church. After that the monarchs of Europe derived their authority from the Papal crown. If you wanted to attack another Christian kingdom you required the Pope's blessing. If you wanted protection from being attacked by other Christian kingdoms you had to make sure you stayed in the Pope's good graces and did not get excommunicated. All knowledge and written recors during this time were kept by the church.

So we are basically looking at 100's upon 100's of generations of western humans being brain washed by the Pope and his power mad goons. That is why...

That pretty much sums it up. Rome was also counting people "census" raiding houses "Drug Bust" and cutting the christians hair, they did not like the long haired people. and of course countless other things... there are lots of things in todays western culture that are 100% roman.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited May 2011
    Why is the World so Based on Christianity?

Thats easy, Its make the most money. DUH!

Winning! Smartest con ever. So leaders Follow church, Church

Follows god, God=Money, So the cycle continues
  • edited May 2011
    Why do they force the christianity shit down your throat at school when you're a little kid? It's retarded, I always wanted to be a hindu :mad:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Coming from a religious background I can see why Religion is important. For me it's a tool that is well used in some cases and abused in others. Thinking back, if it wasn't for Islam I would be another souless idiot roaming around streets or just another goof adding weight. I would have no morals and basically I would be inhuman.

In short, a proper religion actually helps you grow into something better. It's a key part that keeps our society in place. In place where education is next to nothing have a religion helps keep peace and order and if you haven't learned it yet, Religion is a great tool for controlling people. It's a the single force capable of uniting people and forcing them to do something stupid like mass murder all in the name of some fake entity.

Since religion has the power to make people blind mentally you can easily force them to beleive everything. It's like this, if your father tells you that you must respect Islamic values when you're a child and still admired your dad, it's likely that you will keep following your dad wishes. This how religion operates. It users your parents that force down their beliefs on to younger generation making them incapable of thought and freedom.

When any single opposing idea can get your whipped you tend to avoid speaking that in the open. Hence, you see a strong bond between families because they all follow the same concepts and no one dares goes against them, even if they're wrong.

Plus, it's not easy to let go. When you're surrounded with people who would kill in the name of Muhammad and Allah without a second thought you tend to hide as much as possible. The thing is, it's not possible to let go of Religion. Our leaders know it and any good political leaders also understands it. It's either religion or mass education for everyone. Since you can't teach everyone, religion just works.

Just be glad you're one of the lucky ones or in other words, we're just damned souls.