Are all government agencies really this stupid?

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I want one of these watches nOAw!
The FBI read this & instantly think 'Fuck! bk wants to be a terrorist.' :eek:
Guantánamo Bay files: Casio wristwatch 'the sign of al-Qaida'
Casio F-91W, a cheap digital watch sold around the world, was taken as evidence of detainees having bomb-making training.

The-Casio-F-91W-wristwatc-008.jpg

The Casio F-91W wristwatch, regarded by Guantánamo Bay interrogators as a sign of al-Qaida involvement.
It is cheap, basic and widely available around the world. Yet the Casio F-91W digital watch was declared to be "the sign of al-Qaida" and a contributing factor to continued detention of prisoners by the analysts stationed at Guantánamo Bay.

Briefing documents used to train staff in assessing the threat level of new detainees advise that possession of the F-91W – available online for as little as £4 – suggests the wearer has been trained in bomb making by al-Qaida in Afghanistan.

The report states: "The Casio was known to be given to the students at al-Qaida bomb-making training courses in Afghanistan at which the students received instruction in the preparation of timing devices using the watch.

"Approximately one-third of the JTF-GTMO detainees that were captured with these models of watches have known connections to explosives, either having attended explosives training, having association with a facility where IEDs were made or where explosives training was given, or having association with a person identified as an explosives expert."

More than 50 detainee reports refer to the Casio timepieces. The records of 32 detainees refer to the black Casio F-91W, while a further 20 make reference to the silver version, the A-159W.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/25/guantanamo-files-casio-wristwatch-alqaida

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Briefing documents used to train staff in assessing the threat level of new detainees advise that possession of the F-91W – available online for as little as £4 – suggests the wearer has been trained in bomb making by al-Qaida in Afghanistan.

In Afghanistan the only native people with access to several pounds and the internet are sophisticated terrorists.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    I heard the terrorists like to eat McDonalds as well :o
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    In Afghanistan the only native people with access to several pounds and the internet are sophisticated terrorists.

True, I would bet the rent money the average herdsman in Afghanistan can't even read a clock.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    I got one of those. Not the exact model but now that I remember, a sand nigger sold it to me! :eek:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2011
    lol! ^ :D
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I heard the terrorists like to eat McDonalds as well :o
    Only in the mornings. Because I hear their breakfast is to die 4. :o
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Well, if you look at this from another angle it makes sense. Most of the Mullah I see wear those type of watches and they're mostly made by some Chinese company. Also, Casio is quite popular here and only people with little income wear them. So, they did do a good job of finding something common.

Is it possible those guys are terrorists? Maybe, but having a watch like that makes me suspicious as well.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    Pay attention people, this guy more than anyone here has to live with the daily possibility that he could go to the market and get blown up.
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm on the transit right now and the guy beside me is wearing one. I am now shitless scared.
    edited April 2011
    nameless1 wrote: »
    I'm on the transit right now and the guy beside me is wearing one. I am now shitless scared.
    Start repeating "allah akabar" quietly
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    nameless1 wrote: »

Try asking him about the watch and see if he reacts different. Kill if required.
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    :facepalm: Wow, why stop there. I heard people with casio watches gots da AIDS.
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    HEY DUMBASS
    they're not in Guantanamo because they have the watch
    they're in Guantanamo because they have explosive training
    the watch is only more evidence to support this
    it's like you liberals need your hands held to understand the tiniest things.
  • edited April 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »

This'd be pretty great to fuck with random people.
  • edited April 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »

Yeah I doubt that'd work.... It'd prolly make a real terrorist want you to get back to Allah and get dem virgins even faster... He might even think he was doin' you a favor : /
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I doubt that'd work.... It'd prolly make a real terrorist want you to get back to Allah and get dem virgins even faster... He might even think he was doin' you a favor : /
    Then how about silently whispering the lords prayer. That way you can fuck with his head if he's not a terrorist or cover your ass spiritually if he is. :p