Zombie Movies

The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
What are your favourites, and why? I'm just about to start watching 28 Days/Weeks Later for the first time in a while.

I much prefer the plot of the 28 days series. It plays on the idea of a virus creating the zombies, which is a much more realistic, possible situation than other movies use (like Dawn of the Dead, where hell becomes 'too full')

So what does totse think of zombie movies?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    Zombie movies can be great. The only problem is that there are way too many nowadays and all new zombie movies just reuse the same premise. The 28 series is among my favourite.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    I enjoy comedy-zombie films. They're lulzy. Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead, etc..
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited May 2011
    Not sure if it qualifies as a zombie movie, but I really enjoyed Quarantine.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Either of the 28DL/WL films is a good watch. My favourites have to be
    • Zombieland. Unrealistic and careless, but a good laugh, plus Emma Stone is worth a squirt.
    • Dawn of the dead (both versions). Both great watches. Love the remixed song in the remake, too. Classics.
    • Braindead.
    • The Walking Dead [TV Series]
    • Shaun of the Dead

More to come. It's just gone 1am and I have to be up in less than 6hrs for a hectic day.
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited May 2011
    The Walking Dead... Did it happen to be a rather short series? 6 episodes or so? I think I remember something similar...

And Zombieland is awesome for sure.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited May 2011
    I like em. I like the whole feel of 28DL better than it's sequel. Shit was gritty + Cillian Murphy is a hottie. <3
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    So is Mila Jololololovich in the Resident Evil series. I used to be able to freeze-frame the first movie as the flashbang was thrown through the window and as she jumps to take cover you see her purple pants.

Yeah.
    :fap:
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    28 D/W later is awesome, that and dawn of the dead
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited May 2011
    10 posts and no mention of Zombie Flesheaters !?
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited May 2011
    Zombie Strippers :thumbsup:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    • Zombieland. Unrealistic and careless, but a good laugh, plus Emma Stone is worth a squirt.
    • Dawn of the dead (both versions). Both great watches. Love the remixed song in the remake, too. Classics.
    • Braindead.

These ^ fosho. :cool:
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Dawn of the Dead
    Shawn of the Dead
    28 days later (havent seen 28 weeks later yet)
    Doghouse- Haha, this is the funniest zombie movie since Shawn of the dead. If you havent watched it, download it and watch it :D
  • TraumTraum Regular
    edited May 2011
    I watched a zombie movie on Netflix the other night titled, "Ahhh Zombie!!!" It was actually pretty good. The people who were zombies didn't even realize they were zombie and could communicate normally amongst themselves, everyone else just saw zombies moaning.