When trying to enter or exit areas, a fence may be in your way. Here are several ways to get past it.Climb over the fence
This works best if the fence does not have barbed wire on top. Simply climb over, or jump over if it's low enough, and you're through. If there are tools nearby such as ladders or crates, use them if wanted.
If there is barbed wire, it can get tricky. There are several scenarios here:
- Straight lines of barbed wire, noncontinuous due to a change in elevation. Find the break and climb over from there. The higher point will offer support in climbing over the lower point.
- Straight lines of barbed wire, continuous, no height change. Find the supports for the barbed wire, use them to assist you and prevent falling. Avoid touching the barbed wire.
- Angled barbed wire. This is tough, but the same method as #2 can be applied, but use much more care. Avoid at all costs.
- Looped razor wire. Do not attempt to climb over this. More on this later.
CAUTION: Take extreme care when climbing over barbed wire. Cuts can lead to infections. Tetanus is also not fun.Cut through the fence
Use wire cutters to cut through a chain link fence, or a tool like an axe or sledgehammer to smash through wooden fences. This leaves obvious marks of unauthorized entry, so take care. You can try to put it back into place to hide the damage, but it will be discovered eventually.Bypass barbed wire/razor wire
Couple ways to do this:
- Use wire cutters to cut through. This leaves obvious marks of unauthorized entry.
- Drape a thick cloth, like a rug over the wire and climb over.
Avoid these unless you're wearing a rubber suit. If you can find a switch to turn it off or find a way to disconnect it, proceed as you would with a normal fence.Methods less used
- Drive through the fence with a car
- Fly over in a plane/helicopter
- Dig underneath
Now that you've gotten to the other side of the fence, take care to watch out for any other security features the location might have. Also make sure that you have a way to get back across the fence or have another exit strategy planned.Added to CMS by Trx100