How Can I Stop Clicking Joints?

edited May 2011 in Life
It's one thing after another, I know. First it was the pain in my knee when doing Night Ops - I managed to fix that by exercising it and strengthening up my muscles with a huge bike ride, combined with stretching.

However, now the only problem left is the fact that when I bend my legs, my joints click. This is pretty loud and is stopping me from dropping silently! Is there any way to actually minimize the clicking of joints, or is it something which I'll have to deal with until it stops on it's own?

Comments

• KraneKrane Regular
    edited May 2011
    Try taking codliver oil?
  • edited May 2011
    Stop kneeling to Mecca five times a day
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    Drink more water. Fish oils will help as well. Remember to stretch properly before doing anything.

Joint clicking is relatively harmless, but if you feel pain or discomfort, you should see a doctor.
  • edited May 2011
    Fish is good for your joints then, eh? I'll start eating more of that, as it shouldn't be a problem. I also drink a lot of water already, but I could probably up that even more. Not sure about that though, I already piss like a badman due to the amount of water I drink :D Haven't tried stretching it, but how can you stretch your knees? :confused:
    Stop kneeling to Mecca five times a day

Approved this because it made me LOL :D
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited May 2011
    its cuz your getting old happens to everyone grampa.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Haven't tried stretching it, but how can you stretch your knees?

http://ezinearticles.com/?Stretch-Your-Way-to-Healthy-Knees&id=1483712 :o
  • OsirisOsiris Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Maybe not relevant, but as you age, all of your ball joints especially your hips, are worn down into a slightly oblong shape, stretching and kicking will help to round them off more evenly into a more perfect circle, like when you were young. I assume having better hips will help you have better knees.
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited May 2011
    try taking glucosamine, that helps me with joint problems
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited May 2011
    Make sure you are eating your essential fatty acids, fish oils, and glucosamine sulfate which were stated above. If the clicking isn't painful or doesn't impede on anything you do, i wouldn't really worry about it too much. There are a lot of joint supplements you can buy also which most contain the glucosamine and chondroitin. If it does make sure you see a doctor. Jeez TRX you seem like a fucking mess right now with these problems, here is something for you. :thumbsup: :D

lulz.jpg
    ;)
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Osiris wrote: »
    Maybe not relevant, but as you age, all of your ball joints especially your hips, are worn down into a slightly oblong shape, stretching and kicking will help to round them off more evenly into a more perfect circle, like when you were young. I assume having better hips will help you have better knees.

^^^That.

As you use your body, it starts to wear out. If you are involved in things like football / rugby / american football / baseketball etc from a younger age, you will put un-natural strain in a certain area of a joint by virtue of the sport and as such pockets of wear will form that will trap things - CO2 in ball and socket joints and ligment and tendons carve their own little way.

Avoid sitting in one position at anytime. Move all of your body very regularly to avoid the build up of CO2 in the joints. Why do you think you feel drowsy if you crack all of your joints.

Food wise, make sure your eat the skin and fat on the best chicken and pork you can buy. Collagen is what you need. Good natural shit. Eat green leafy veg - Kale and dark green cabbage. Englishmen can live on good meat, cabbage, tea and beer.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I keep finding myself clicking my neck lately. It's almost habit and fuck does it hurt.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    ^^^That.

As you use your body, it starts to wear out. If you are involved in things like football / rugby / american football / baseketball etc from a younger age, you will put un-natural strain in a certain area of a joint by virtue of the sport and as such pockets of wear will form that will trap things - CO2 in ball and socket joints and ligment and tendons carve their own little way.

Avoid sitting in one position at anytime. Move all of your body very regularly to avoid the build up of CO2 in the joints. Why do you think you feel drowsy if you crack all of your joints.

Food wise, make sure your eat the skin and fat on the best chicken and pork you can buy. Collagen is what you need. Good natural shit. Eat green leafy veg - Kale and dark green cabbage. Englishmen can live on good meat, cabbage, tea and beer.

Hmm.. when you are talking about CO2 it actually isn't built up around joints?

Around your joints is synovial fluid which is composed of CO2 and some nitrogen. When you crack your joints it is believed that the fluid rapidly turns into gas and escapes the joint cavity.

I believe trx is talking more about a "clicking" like bone rubbing on against the menisci maybe, or even a muscle causing it. Not quite sure though just an opinion.