What were your life ambitions?

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I was chatting to my girlfriend the past few days and we got thinking about the future. We clearly want to live together and I think it'd work out quite well. Then we got off on a tangent about the sort of house and what else we would do. As for jobs, if I could get a job as a Civil Servant or whatever from this Terrorism essay I am doing that will "be published" given a good grade.
On top of that, I wanna go base jumping, travel around and ultimately live on a plantation in Jamaica or California...or Amsterdam.

What were/are your life ambitions? Did they change drastically? Did you ever achieve them?

Comments

• SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited May 2011
    never had any. Dissapointment's a bitch
  • StephsBackStephsBack Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I have always wanted to work with people - I was under the disillusioned vision of helping people for a while - so wanted to be some kind of social worker etc.

But I have come a long way and realised that 99% of the time people will rely on others to live their lives, and the other 1% is that sometimes people need a little leg up and they'll be off and racing - independently. Teach a man to fish.

So I want to be a police officer. I'm good at resolving conflicts and I'm great at picking up on bull shit and what's the phrase or colloquialism for catching them out? meh, idk. I am also good at administrative work, I'm quite ethical, despite my disdain for IDIOTS that can't help themselves, I've had a lot of life experience in regards to dealing with drug and alcohol affected people and have a lot of determination.

My eye sight is too poor to get in, so I'm saving for laser, and completing a degree in criminology and criminal justice while this occurs.

My other ambitions is to see the natural world in other countries, especially Alaska.

My next ambition, if I don't make it into the academy, is to just work and travel. I've got no other ambitions outside of these.
  • edited May 2011
    I've always wanted the usual generic shit - lots of money, a nice house in the middle of nowhere, a nice car, etc. I'm going to try my hardest to get all that as well. I'm not just saying it, I really mean it when I say I want to get to the top. Whether that's going to happen or not, we'll have to see.
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited May 2011
    I think the general views of society are twisted by the media, possessions aren't a major aim for me these days. Now I just want to be happy and have a nice biatch

Any way I used to/ still want to be a lawyer, musician or psychologist. Having a nice house, car and hella shit is something I won't strive to obtain, but would be more than happy for it to fall into my path.
    I used to "want" to be a drug dealer
  • edited May 2011
    To be some sort of biologist.

I wanted to make decent money, enough to live comfortably. Not rich, but comfortable. And I wanted to have an interesting career doing research and discovering shit.

EDIT: If I can't make that happen, I'll probably shoot some politician, lol.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Wanted to rule the world and have a kickass Harem.

Could still happen.
  • edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Wanted to rule the world and have a kickass Harem.

Could still happen.

This. And some other stuff.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    I want to be the captain of my own intergalactic spaceship.
  • SpiffSpiff Regular
    edited May 2011
    Stacks-o-cash, nice house, and a beautiful family...have 2 out of 3 so far.
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited May 2011
    To me the only success, the only greatness, is immortality.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Grinch wrote: »
    To me the only success, the only greatness, is immortality.

Trust me after living for GOD knows how long, I can assure you it's not fun. You don't want that.
  • edited May 2011
    Fuck being immortal, that would be horrible. Imagine outliving all your friends and family, then outliving the world and universe, outliving the end of everything, witnessing lots of shit happening and then being left there, endlessly falling through a sky of nothingness.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Honestly speaking, I didn't imagine getting most out of life, sure I thought about being this super awesome dude who knows everything is awesome with ladies. Although I don't know everything I am pretty okay when it comes to knowing this and when it comes to ladies, I can talk to any woman I like and hit on any number of girls. So, i already have that part covered.

In short, I don't really have any real ones. I could just hope I could live a bit longer and enjoy life alone or without fear or just freely for once. I don't care about cars, money, fame although I can live with them, but it's not something that I aim for, what I love is just being me.

Anyway, I am confusing myself here.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited May 2011
    I'm already awesome. I can only hope for

more awesomeness. :cool:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    Speaking of immortality, it'd be best if you could live as long as you wanted until you chose to die. I wouldn't want to be floating around in nothingness after the end of time.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    When I was little, I wanted to be a doctor. However, a hatred of biology developed and made sure that never happened lol (plus Im not smart enough). My aim now (at 20) is to become a music teacher, concert pianist, and whatever else comes my way really :) I dont know if that will ever happen, but I hope so. I already have the greatest friends and family that I could ask for, Im not fussed on having tons of money, the only thing I want in life is a stable career and eventually a family :)
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited May 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Trust me after living for GOD knows how long, I can assure you it's not fun. You don't want that.

Are you really that old Dfg? You come off as a twenty something.

Edit: You can find me next to remade on a plantation with some top class out door grown bud in jamaica. Thats all Ive wanted to do. Get away from the main stream and live the rest of my days in solitude.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    When I was young I wanted to be tall enough to be able to see over the counter in the fish and chip shop.

Mission accomplished.